• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Welcome To Florida...

The Glory Land

• Members

I avoid Florida like the plague. The only time I have ever been there is for work and each time I could not wait to leave. Some may say happiness is Florida in my rear-view mirror, but not me. To have Florida in my rear-view mirror would mean I would have had to have been there, and I have been there way too many times already.

Reviewing most of your ridiculous posts doesn't add to my respect for the people of Florida either.

• Members

Most vacation destinations are like that. They want the money from the tourists but then they want them gone.

I've not had any desire to visit Florida, though our oldest son now lives in Pensacola so we may end up visiting there if he stays awhile; but the Panhandle is much different than the rest of Florida.

• Members

My daughter has opted to go to PCC for her English degree so as an unfortunate consequence I will have to revisit there on occasion as well. I have every intent of making them well planned excursions where the OBjective is clearly defined and executed, with an exit strategy in place that will minimize any excess of time in the area.

Pray for my daughter. She really doesn't want to go to Florida, but PCC offered the best balance between faith based education and cost with regards to an English degree.

• Members

Pensacola isn't much different than southern Georgia or Alabama. It's a very poor county and parts of Pensacola itself is poor, crime and drug ridden. The more affluent areas, and areas for tourists and where the main businesses are, such as PCC itself, are kept up and generally safe and decent.

Since it's on the tip of the Florida panhandle, at least one doesn't have to delve too far into Florida and leaving is quick.

• Members

I avoid Florida like the plague. The only time I have ever been there is for work and each time I could not wait to leave. Some may say happiness is Florida in my rear-view mirror, but not me. To have Florida in my rear-view mirror would mean I would have had to have been there, and I have been there way too many times already.

Reviewing most of your ridiculous posts doesn't add to my respect for the people of Florida either.

I love my ridiculous followers, and sinners.... :)

• Members

I love my ridiculous followers, and sinners.... :)

I will not refute that I am a sinner, and fortunately saved by grace. I would not say I am anywhere close to a follower of you, or any other man. I have considered various posts you have made and have to admit I can't think of one that had any kind of merit that would bring one closer to Christ. To that end I would have to say you seem to desire to provoke sin.

I'll no longer give you or your posts my time.

• Members

I will not refute that I am a sinner, and fortunately saved by grace. I would not say I am anywhere close to a follower of you, or any other man. I have considered various posts you have made and have to admit I can't think of one that had any kind of merit that would bring one closer to Christ. To that end I would have to say you seem to desire to provoke sin.

I'll no longer give you or your posts my time.

Which ones you don't like, The ones about the gays, the ones about heaven and hell, or tattoos. Mega churches, Weak pastors, or maybe the one woman preachers. They do step on toes. I agree

• Members

Women preachers step on toes? Is that why they are not well received among IFBs? Here I always thought it was because of what the Bible says about such matters!

Well you know, some people think it could mean for that time only.

Archived