• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Beware!devil At Work

paid4

• Members

I agree with everything you've said, except your use of "more often than not."  That would be as much broadbrushing as saying that everyone leaves a church for good reasons.  

There are, indeed, too many preachers who preach their opinion/hOBby horse.  And that is a sad thing.

My point wasn't to broad brush Luanne, it was just to point out what I have been witnessed to

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

My point wasn't to broad brush Luanne, it was just to point out what I have been witnessed to

Well, I really didn't think it was... I was just making an OBservation as to what I felt "more often than not" indicated (not necessarily by you, just the words themselves).  We can all post what we've been witness to, and some of those would be the same, some wouldn't.  I'm truly sorry if you felt I was doing anything other than conversing. 

• Members

Many times people leave churches b/c of personal reasons.  It doesn't mean they have a prOBlem with the church per se, they are having personal issues at home, and don't want to take those issues into church.  Many churches believe it is b/c of them, when in fact, sometimes it isn't.

• Members

Well, I really didn't think it was... I was just making an OBservation as to what I felt "more often than not" indicated (not necessarily by you, just the words themselves).  We can all post what we've been witness to, and some of those would be the same, some wouldn't.  I'm truly sorry if you felt I was doing anything other than conversing.

;) no prOBlemo Luanne

• Members

He certainly let the Pharisees have it, didn't He?

Hard preaching today is not what you say; but how you say it.

He may have let the Pharisees have it; but I seriously doubt He was ranting and raving while He did it.

• Members

Hard preaching today is not what you say; but how you say it.

He may have let the Pharisees have it; but I seriously doubt He was ranting and raving while He did it.

Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?  Kind of hard thinking Jesus said that in a soft voice

• Members

"Hard Preaching"?? I wonder if Jesus used 'hard preaching' when preaching to the folks?

I don't know brother. He had the attention of 5,000+ and when he was done preaching there was only 12 left listening.

John 6:10

John 6:66-67

Doctrine divides ( as proved by this website) When doctrine is preached....that's hard preaching indeed.

Hebrews 4:12

• Members

Doctrine divides ( as proved by this website) When doctrine is preached....that's hard preaching indeed.
Hebrews 4:12

I don't think it Biblical Doctorine that divides here, there are other issues people fight about more than Bible. I'll give you a hint,it has to do with "standards"

• Members

It's both, but more heavily on the doctrine than the standards. And I'll thank you not to take pot-shots at our beliefs.

What beliefs Saylan? I'm not attacking anything Biblical. It not my intention.

• Moderators

"Standards", of course. :frog: Which are based on Biblical principles, whether you agree with them or not. Let's not get this thread side-tracked; just didn't like the insinuation.

• Members

"Standards", of course. :frog: Which are based on Biblical principles, whether you agree with them or not. Let's not get this thread side-tracked; just didn't like the insinuation.

No prOBlem, not looking to get into it with or sidetrack anything! And I seek your forgiveness if I caused any grief!

Archived