• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Beware!devil At Work

paid4

• Members

Reminds me of when I was in the youth ministry when other churches begin to entertain the youth and not teach them Gods word. many times God had me to continue to teach the same thing until His will was done,I lost some of the youth to the entertainment churches but others became strong disciples for Gods use.  this also may be the same with some pastors preaching the same sermons all the time and God wants changes to be made within the church and the sheep are not listening.

when someone cries out for the pastor to step down because of what he may be preaching if hes line with the Word of God,  it may be that person has let their heart become harden to conviction and repentance or have itching ears.(Satin working )

There could be a lot of reasons for this but when this happens we need to be in prayer for our pastors continually and support them with Godly love because they carry the burden for many.

God bless    

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I remember several times when God was 'working' on something in me. During those times it seemed that every single sermon and devotional I heard would be on that particular thing. Lol! They actually weren't - they were on all sorts of different topics (or so the teachers thought), but God just turned them all to emphasize the same thing to me. Assuming the pastors in question weren't just preaching 'pet topics', this story makes me think that God was working on these men, and they just didn't want to hear it. If so, they would have found that removing the messenger wouldn't have changed the message - at least until God gave them to over their hard hearts.

• Members

Satan is at work hard in our area the past few months. In our church a member met with the deacons and asked the pastor to step down or be voted out. The reason......he's preaching the same things over and over. This happened 2 weeks ago. He did not step down and we did not vote him out. The member has not been back since.

Just this week in a church a few miles up the road a deacon stood before the congregation and demanded that the pastor be removed or step down. His reason.....he's preaching the same thing over and over.

BEWARE of this tactic from Satan. I know it's not new but it really hit home this past month. It's like he's going from church to church really hard and fast lately. He's working here in North Carolina now and headed your way. Prepare!!!

Be in much prayer that we not become complacent in our service for him.

If I was there, I will tell this man. When you stop wearing your same underwear over and over, will change the pastor.

• Members

I remember several times when God was 'working' on something in me. During those times it seemed that every single sermon and devotional I heard would be on that particular thing. Lol! They actually weren't - they were on all sorts of different topics (or so the teachers thought), but God just turned them all to emphasize the same thing to me. Assuming the pastors in question weren't just preaching 'pet topics', this story makes me think that God was working on these men, and they just didn't want to hear it. If so, they would have found that removing the messenger wouldn't have changed the message - at least until God gave them to over their hard hearts.

I feel like every Sunday he's preaching on witnessing. Like you, I have realized he's not. God's working on me to get better in that area. It was to the point I was listening and searching for all the key words related to witnessing. Maybe that's what was going on with the other member as well. You may have just hit the nail on the head Salyan.

Thanks,

• Members

I don't go to 'church' to be fed. I go to church to worship my God and Savior. I pray very hard about not losing site of Jesus Christ during the hours I'm at the 'church.' Sundays, Wednesdays, and other days. Yes, I try to get some fellowship in before Sunday School, before corporate worship, and after the Sunday morning message but, I seek out those folks who (1) share my need for God centered fellowship or, (2) need me to share God centered fellowship with them. If you're going to 'church' to be fed then you need the "milk" message over and over again. Folks aren't going to grow from walking into a Sunday morning gathering (late) and expecting to get their weekly 'dose' of God. Disciple these people and encourage them to get alone with God in prayer and in the Word (personal devotions). People grow when they have a personal daily walk with God. Tell them you'll help them understand any difficulties they have.

People are too quick to take their eyes off the Savior and too slow to get up next to Him. 

Seasoned folks are leaving the local church! What are they seasoned with? O.K., maybe they have a serious health prOBlem; if not then they are forgetting the one very important point of the Gospel...BUILD MY CHURCH! If they aren't building the church then what are they doing? It is NOT THE PASTOR'S RESPONSIBILITY to build the church. It's these folks who are turning their backs on the Savior's COMMAND to build His church, it's their responsibility.

Luke 18.8b "Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? "

• Members

I don't go to 'church' to be fed. I go to church to worship my God and Savior. I pray very hard about not losing site of Jesus Christ during the hours I'm at the 'church.' Sundays, Wednesdays, and other days. Yes, I try to get some fellowship in before Sunday School, before corporate worship, and after the Sunday morning message but, I seek out those folks who (1) share my need for God centered fellowship or, (2) need me to share God centered fellowship with them. If you're going to 'church' to be fed then you need the "milk" message over and over again. Folks aren't going to grow from walking into a Sunday morning gathering (late) and expecting to get their weekly 'dose' of God. Disciple these people and encourage them to get alone with God in prayer and in the Word (personal devotions). People grow when they have a personal daily walk with God. Tell them you'll help them understand any difficulties they have.

People are too quick to take their eyes off the Savior and too slow to get up next to Him. 

Seasoned folks are leaving the local church! What are they seasoned with? O.K., maybe they have a serious health prOBlem; if not then they are forgetting the one very important point of the Gospel...BUILD MY CHURCH! If they aren't building the church then what are they doing? It is NOT THE PASTOR'S RESPONSIBILITY to build the church. It's these folks who are turning their backs on the Savior's COMMAND to build His church, it's their responsibility.

Luke 18.8b "Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? "

if I was closer enough I 'd love to attend your church, but I'll pray for God to bless your ministry that many will come seeking the lord Jesus with a humbled heart 

God bless

• Members

Mat 16:18
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Somebody's confused.

Anishinaabe

• Members

Mat 16:18
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Somebody's confused.

Anishinaabe

My old flesh wanted to get haughty with you, but then, I realized you’re not well versed in scripture, and your remark is just a need to know further counsel from God’s word. So, instead of being a tool of the flesh, I decided to explain to you that Christians are a tool in the hand of the Living God, Jesus Christ, my Lord.

Exactly what is that rock? Jesus Christ is that rock, preach that.

2 Timothy 4:2   Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

What is the word? It’s the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all His commandments.

1 Corinthians 1:21   For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Matthew 28:19   Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:20   Teaching them to OBserve all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Rocks, dirt, and sand aren't nations, people are nations. Who is the command to? The command is to you, me, everyone; it is a circular, if you will, command. “Go ye;” Christ is telling you to baptize and teach. That’s the way Jesus Christ, very God, builds his church. He is the commander and we are the commanded.

10   For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

11   For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12   To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 28:10-12

14   How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15   And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16   But they have not all OBeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17   So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:14  

You've been sent; are you preaching God's word to the lost?. Go and hammer, chisel, mold out some disciples for the Lord and Savior. These folks who have turned their backs on building need to re-read the primer, God’s word. If God gives a pastor the same message repeatedly prOBably someone isn't catching on or God's calling the parishioners to get new folks to hear it. 

• Moderators

A story was told of a preacher who candidated for a church and preached the same message Sun am and pm. The church called him and the Sun he arrived preached the exact same thing that morn and eve as he had previously. The men tried to chalk it up to his being tired from moving.

He repeated the same identical message that Wed. Well when it occurred again the next Sunday morning one of the men spoke up and asked, "Don't you have more than ONE message?". The preacher replied, "Yes, sir. When some of the congregation does something about living this one, I'll move to the next."

In all seriousness: while I realize some get in a DEEP rut, when you boil it down to bare bones there's only about 7 things we can preach on.

1) Salvation --------------- Where we get Christ

2) Second Coming ------  Where Christ gets us

3) Sanctification ---------- Cleans the inside

4) Separation ------------- Cleans the outside

5) Service ----------------- What we do

6) Suffering --------------- What we go through

7) Scripture --------------- The answer to every question

• Members

We also have to consider the difference between a pastor actually seeking the Lord's direction in his sermons, preparing and preaching what the Lord directs him to; and those preachers who just get up and preach something without prayer and consideration.

I've read several articles of the still growing trend of preachers to "prepare" their sermon by going online and finding a sermon, printing it out and often preaching it as their own. No thought to the unique flock they are over, no time in prayer to discover what message his congregation needs.

Our pastor has been at this church for over 30 years. He's preached many sermons on the same topic but none of them have been exactly the same. He's preached on the some of the same verses of Scripture several times, but each sermon is unique.

As Hebrews 4:12 tells us, the Word of God is alive and powerful. Whether we are preaching, teaching or sharing, there are so many ways the Lord can guide us to impart His Word to the hearers.

• Members

I don't know about some, but I never tire of hearing the Gospel. I believe it is the focal point of Scripture, everything that is taught sooner or later points back to Calvary. I need to hear the Gospel preached, I need to constantly remind myself of the Gospel in my life. I need to hear what Jesus did for us on the cross. 

I think a pastor,(or elder) can preach on a lot of subjects, but invariability, it always comes back to Jesus. It should, because that is the focus of corporate gathering. Maybe if pastors stop "preaching" on pet peeves, Im not saying any of these pastors are doing that,but focus on Jesus and Calvary, the Holy Spirit would be at work in peoples lives, people would change, families would change, communities would change and Jesus would be praised!

• Members

I don't know about some, but I never tire of hearing the Gospel. I believe it is the focal point of Scripture, everything that is taught sooner or later points back to Calvary. I need to hear the Gospel preached, I need to constantly remind myself of the Gospel in my life. I need to hear what Jesus did for us on the cross. 

I think a pastor,(or elder) can preach on a lot of subjects, but invariability, it always comes back to Jesus. It should, because that is the focus of corporate gathering. Maybe if pastors stop "preaching" on pet peeves, Im not saying any of these pastors are doing that,but focus on Jesus and Calvary, the Holy Spirit would be at work in peoples lives, people would change, families would change, communities would change and Jesus would be praised!

:amen:  Jeffrey!

• Members

My old flesh wanted to get haughty with you, but then, I realized you’re not well versed in scripture, and your remark is just a need to know further counsel from God’s word. So, instead of being a tool of the flesh, I decided to explain to you that Christians are a tool in the hand of the Living God, Jesus Christ, my Lord.

Exactly what is that rock? Jesus Christ is that rock, preach that.
2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
What is the word? It’s the Gospel of Jesus Christ and all His commandments.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to OBserve all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Rocks, dirt, and sand aren't nations, people are nations. Who is the command to? The command is to you, me, everyone; it is a circular, if you will, command. “Go ye;” Christ is telling you to baptize and teach. That’s the way Jesus Christ, very God, builds his church. He is the commander and we are the commanded.

10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 28:10-12

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all OBeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:14

You've been sent; are you preaching God's word to the lost?. Go and hammer, chisel, mold out some disciples for the Lord and Savior. These folks who have turned their backs on building need to re-read the primer, God’s word. If God gives a pastor the same message repeatedly prOBably someone isn't catching on or God's calling the parishioners to get new folks to hear it.
Belittling me in your pretentious manner does not alter the fact that Jesus builds the church.

Yes we are to do many things, and you haven't heard me testify to the opposite of that.

I've been planting churches for 20 years. They aren't my work, they are His.
I am not their shepherd, He is.

Every time I go to a new area, I find people there, prepared aforehand, by God. They trust Christ, take up their cross, and follow.

I love visiting them, after years, and seeing the continuing work of Christ in their lives.

Pop quiz:

Men plant, men water, ___ gives the increase.

Anishinabe

• Members

Belittling me in your pretentious manner does not alter the fact that Jesus builds the church.

Yes we are to do many things, and you haven't heard me testify to the opposite of that.

I've been planting churches for 20 years. They aren't my work, they are His.
I am not their shepherd, He is.

Every time I go to a new area, I find people there, prepared aforehand, by God. They trust Christ, take up their cross, and follow.

I love visiting them, after years, and seeing the continuing work of Christ in their lives.

Pop quiz:

Men plant, men water, ___ gives the increase.

Anishinabe

Are you insinuating I attribute the souls in Christ's Bride with the work I do as a Christian to build the church?

I won't play games...I'll just give scripture.

Colossians 1:29   Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Archived