• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why The Hypocrisy?

• Members

Not sure off the top of my head. I know the song but not sure if it's because we sing it, I remember it from childhood, or it's on one of my hymn CD's.

A mighty fortress is our God is a song written by Martin Luther using a victory song sung in beer pubs and festivals of the Germans.  Martin took the song changed some of the lyrics to teach sound doctrine to the people about God.

Today that song is in Baptist hymnal's and sung by every denomination.  and there are dozens of Songs like it.  some by Beethoven and Back both at best RC at worst plain pagan's yet hymns put to their music are sung in Baptist churches and other denominations to this date.

If we were to follow the example of Jesus and Paul singing without instruments is the way.  But how do you sing psalms and hymns without knowing the flow and beat of the musick?

• Moderators

Why is that we fundamentalists reject CCM because it uses the Rock and Roll beat, yet we embrace Southern Gospel and other styles that use the same exact Piano Rhythms that were used in Ragtime, Swing and other early genres from the early 1900s.

Do we? My church doesn't. I know some certainly do - but please don't paint with such a broad brush.

Reallyn did you know that Gaither's song "because he lives" found in many Hymnals is done with Southern Gospel styled music and many IFB churches play it that way. 

We do not have that in our hymnal, or in any hymnals I've seen in the IFB churches around here. The song is present in the large-print songbook used by the local seniors homes - should anyone request that piece, I do not play it Southern Gospel style. Your brush is also a little broad. 

• Moderators

A mighty fortress is our God is a song written by Martin Luther using a victory song sung in beer pubs and festivals of the Germans.  Martin took the song changed some of the lyrics to teach sound doctrine to the people about God.

Today that song is in Baptist hymnal's and sung by every denomination.  and there are dozens of Songs like it.  some by Beethoven and Back both at best RC at worst plain pagan's yet hymns put to their music are sung in Baptist churches and other denominations to this date.

If we were to follow the example of Jesus and Paul singing without instruments is the way.  But how do you sing psalms and hymns without knowing the flow and beat of the musick?

Study out what a 'bar tune' is.  (By the way, its NOT a tune sung in a bar) 

• Moderators

Please.

Waa, waa, waa... baby.

You betray your agenda.

I stand by what I said, since you sound like an idiot right now.

Who's סוֹכֵן are you? Maybe this would be better - מי סוכן אתה?

That'll be enough of that, sir. Keep it civil. We can disagree and still not stoop to Waa waa baby junk.

• Members

That'll be enough of that, sir. Keep it civil. We can disagree and still not stoop to Waa waa baby junk.

I guess he also figures that as a I Jew I prOBably don't understand English very well so he figures  I'd get the point better if he stated his concerns in Hebrew.  That's all fine and dandy if someone wants to communicate to me in Hebrew, just make sure you know the grammar and don't just lump words together out of a Hebrew dictionary because it comes out gibberish-Mi Inglish mae not b the greatezt bud hiz Hebrew is turrible :):thumbdown:

Edited by Dr James Ach

• Moderators

I guess he also figures that as a I Jew I prOBably don't understand English very well so he figures  I'd get the point better if he stated his concerns in Hebrew.  That's all fine and dandy if someone wants to communicate to me in Hebrew, just make sure you know the grammar and don't just lump words together out of a Hebrew dictionary because it comes out gibberish-Mi Inglish mae not b the greatezt bud hiz Hebrew is turrible :):thumbdown:

Okay, that'll be enough from you too. 

• Members

Please.

Waa, waa, waa... baby.

You betray your agenda.

I stand by what I said, since you sound like an idiot right now.

Who's סוֹכֵן are you? Maybe this would be better - מי סוכן אתה?

I do apologize for getting in the flesh, which Dr. Ach does do to me.

I just received 1 warning point, and feel it unfair considering this quote:

" You can take your sorry and pathetic excuse for claiming to be a Christian or Baptist elsewhere because I am sick of you Jesuit infiltrating liars and hypocrites trying to pass off your self righteous piety here and then act like your excrement has a rosy fragrance (rosary, prOBably)."

I would hope my 'little' uncomfortable 'language' does not overpass this.

I am disappointed that someone claiming to be a Man of God would be able to say something so abusive, yet get away with it.

I will abide by the Moderators request. And I am sorry that I let myself get lowered to Dr. Ach's kind of attitude.

I ask that those offended will please forgive me. 

• Members

Sorry, just can't trust internet translators.

• Members

Paul used abusive language when necessary.  Peter also.

Oh, and our Lord and Saviour? He was the Master of abusive language when appropriate and called for..  He used such language as, "blind guides," "hypocrites," "whited sepulcre," "fools," etc..

The Bible tells us to "judge righteous judgment".  This means calling a shoe a shoe and a spade a spade... or whatever else by what it actually is.  If one does not want to be identified as a fool, or any other term that offends that one, it is best to keep the tongue. (or in the case of internet forums, the fingers) 

Best to heed the advice of Brother Paul, when he wrote:  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, (Ephesians 5:15)

Edited by Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

Paul used abusive language when necessary.  Peter also.

Oh, and our Lord and Saviour? He was the Master of abusive language when appropriate and called for..  He used such language as, "blind guides," "hypocrites," "whited sepulcre," "fools," etc..

The Bible tells us to "judge righteous judgment".  This means calling a shoe a shoe and a spade a spade... or whatever else by what it actually is.  If one does not want to be identified as a fool, or any other term that offends that one, it is best to keep the tongue. (or in the case of internet forums, the fingers) 

Best to heed the advice of Brother Paul, when he wrote:  See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, (Ephesians 5:15)

:goodpost: