• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Door To Door Soulwinning

Anon

• Administrators

With all due respect, brother, if I had experienced this, I would be absolutely furious!  In three of my old neighborhoods, your decision to announce my religious interests could have gotten me beaten and possibly worse.  One of my neighbors loosened all of the lug nuts on the wheels of my truck because He hated the fact that I am Christian and I was almost killed in the accident that it caused.

What if the visitors of your church come from situations that would put them in danger or cause them to be shunned if others knew that they even visited your church?  Now you are going to take it upon yourself to announce it to their neighbors?  Someones's faith is no one's business but their own.  How dare you!

I am beyond furious knowing that you do that.

Well, seeing how we have members of our church now that has got saved because of this, baptized and they have been added as members of our church, it works in our area. Maybe I shouldn't have done this and let those souls go to hell just so Joseph Redgate would not be furious with me. I think NOT

You are assuming that I don't use discretion when going door to door. You are letting your emotions getting to you and forming a decision before you ask me any questions about how I go doing this. The Word of God is offensive enough to some people, I do not need to add to that.

Edit to add: I do pray before I do this, and if the Lord is leading me, then I'm going to listen to Him rather than man.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Unless a person requests privacy, why would one assume anything they do or say or where they go in public would be private? Why would anyone expect that everyone will be silent about who does or doesn't go to church? Whether concerned Christians or neighborhood gossips, everything we do in public is open to public discussion. Anything done in public is already public information. There is no expectation of privacy for anything done in public.

If a person has some sort of fear of others finding out they attended a church, they should make such known to the pastor. Otherwise, follow up is common among many churches and in some areas it's not uncommon for home visitors to also attempt to share Christ with others they see in the area.

We should fear God, not man.

Correct John. Of course I do not give out personal information and it is very general. 

• Administrators

Jo or Archy, You may be blowing things here out of proportion, I was not trying to frustrate you or insult you.

I live in the NY metropolitan area so I'm aware of rough neighborhoods. I've have multiple dead bodies on my lawn, along with multiple people killed in front of my house. Neighbors house has been shot up from drugs, and drugs have been found on my lawn. My house has been sealed off with crime scene tape because of a 13 year old that was killed, and I could not mow my little lawn for weeks because of the chalk tape that the police have used on my lawn. Of course that is only a small portion of my house and surrounding area, and does not include the times I was rOBbed, my cars that have been totaled in front of my house, and registered sexual predators peeking at my kids in the back yard. I say that to say that I use discretion when approaching houses and every one is different. I apologize if I got you furious ( I guess a few times). What works in my area WILL NOT work in all areas of the world. I just can't help but think of those in our church who did get saved because I listed to God and knocked on their door.

I'm trying to get caught up on PM's, you are not the only one waiting on a reply. I get a lot of them, and many times can't get to them in a timely manor.

• Members

I live here in the Northeast and I just can't understand people's hate. if someone knocks on your door and offers you something, is it THAT hard to just say "No thank you"? Why do people have to be so nasty? I bet they wouldn't complain if I invited them to a party where everyone who showed up got a 50 dollar bill. Last fall my church had a Teen activity and my daughter (along with other church teens) went to a local high school to hand out flyers. She got spat at, name called and kids would take her flyer, stomp on it and throw it back in her face and laugh. What a wonderful world we live in today.

• Members

I remember a couple college age believers handing out tracts. They came to an area where a lot of teens and early 20s people hung out and started offering tracts. It wasn't long before they had beer poured on them, were cussed out, had beer cans (with and without beer in them) thrown at them along with many threats. It was so sad to see them walk away from there soaked in beer and with a few beer cans still being thrown at them.

Compare that to when I was a child and a couple of believers walked through a campground where we were. Even those who were not interested were polite and many folks took the tracts, whether out of politeness or because they really wanted them. If I recall correctly, that was the first time I ever saw a Chick tract.

Archived