• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kingdom Of Antichrist ?

• Members

A city that is in the shape of a sphere?

God bless,

Larry

The New Jerusalem will be suspended between the gravity of the moon and the earth over the hills of Israel. That is why it can be 1500 miles long and high and wide.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eric you believe "New Jerusalem" is a space station? Where did you get that idea?

MountainChristian and Miss Daisy,

Yes but remember it is 3/4 the size of the moon!

The New Jerusalem

Micah 4:1-2

1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of JacOB; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Isaiah 60:1-4

1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

(During the kingdom)

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.

(The New Jerusalem will not come down to earth till after the 1000 year kingdom is done. Notice there will be no more sea.)

Revelation 21:1-4

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

• Members

Eric you believe "New Jerusalem" is a space station? Where did you get that idea?

I was taught that in the Brethren and McGrath taught it.

They say it is said to descend from heaven, but there is no mention of it reaching earth. But of course there is no mention of it not reaching earth either.  Another case of Brethren teaching that the scripture is silent on the subject, so you can teach what you like.

• Members

Symbols are not fantasy.  What city is 12,000 furlongs high?

1 ¶  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

What kind of  wedding gown is 12,000 furlongs high? GIve me a break. There's a greater likelihood that a new city being built has a higher wall than normal which is not out of the ordinary, then that 12,000 furlongs high is a reference to the attire of a bride.

1) Revelation 21:2 says adorned AS A bride, it doesn't say the bride comes down

2) Revelation 21:3 says that the tabernacle of God dwells WITH MEN, and that God shall "be THEIR God". This shows that the city is separate from the humans that God dwells with and calls his people; that the city/tabernacle is not the same as any people.

• Moderators

I believe the bride IS the church AND the city-being New Jerusalem, it would encompass the born-again Hebrews, as well-

I have a better explanation for it, one that I really studied over, but at work now and my mind is in other places, so I am doing a lousy jOB of it, but I believe it is all part and parcel. The city is a literal city with those literal dimensions, and the believers will dwell in that city, though it seems many will dwell throughout the new earth as well, and there will be kings and kingdoms, though all ultimately ruled by God.

• Members

I believe the bride IS the church AND the city-being New Jerusalem, it would encompass the born-again Hebrews, as well-

I have a better explanation for it, one that I really studied over, but at work now and my mind is in other places, so I am doing a lousy jOB of it, but I believe it is all part and parcel. The city is a literal city with those literal dimensions, and the believers will dwell in that city, though it seems many will dwell throughout the new earth as well, and there will be kings and kingdoms, though all ultimately ruled by God.

Hebrews 13:12-14

12Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

13Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

14For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

• Members

I was taught that in the Brethren and McGrath taught it.

They say it is said to descend from heaven, but there is no mention of it reaching earth. But of course there is no mention of it not reaching earth either.  Another case of Brethren teaching that the scripture is silent on the subject, so you can teach what you like.

We were also taught, after the six day war, that the Jews had a prefabricated temple ready, and would erect it in months. Also,. I cannot remember if it was the same preacher, or not, but we were also told that the new Jerusalem was already suspended in space.

• Members

What kind of  wedding gown is 12,000 furlongs high? GIve me a break. There's a greater likelihood that a new city being built has a higher wall than normal which is not out of the ordinary, then that 12,000 furlongs high is a reference to the attire of a bride.

1) Revelation 21:2 says adorned AS A bride, it doesn't say the bride comes down

2) Revelation 21:3 says that the tabernacle of God dwells WITH MEN, and that God shall "be THEIR God". This shows that the city is separate from the humans that God dwells with and calls his people; that the city/tabernacle is not the same as any people.

A I said, the description is symbolic and refers to the church.  The measurements are a perfect cube.

I think John Newton's great hymn may apply here.

GLORIOUS things of thee are spoken,
Zion, city of our God!
He whose word cannot be broken,
formed thee for His own abode.
On the Rock of Ages founded,
what can shake thy sure repose?
With salvation’s walls surrounded,
thou may’st smile at all thy foes.

2 See! the streams of living waters,
springing from eternal love,
well supply thy sons and daughters,
and all fear of want remove:
who can faint while such a river
ever flows their thirst to assuage –
grace which, like the Lord the giver,
never fails from age to age?

3 Round each habitation hovering,
see! the cloud and fire appear,
for a glory and a covering,
showing that the Lord is near:
blest inhabitants of Zion,
washed in the Redeemer’s blood –
Jesus, whom their souls rely on,
makes them kings and priests to God.

4 Saviour, since of Zion’s city
I through grace a member am,
let the world deride or pity,
I will glory in Thy name:
fading is the worldling’s pleasure,
all his boasted pomp and show;
solid joys and lasting treasure
none but Zion’s children know.
John Newton, 1725-1807

• Members

So now it IS a city?

You need to make up your mind.......

Rev 21:9 ¶  And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
10  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

• Members

So "the church" can be measured and is packed into a cube shape?

Can you tell me if we are squished together tightly, or are we allowed an arms length between each other?.

You can not measure a bunch of people dimensionally.

The description given to this city is specific and clear.

• Members

People of Israel leave Russia and America for God is going to judge them!

Zechariah 2:6-9

6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.

8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.

9 For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.

Over 1,250,000 Jews have left Russia and gone home to Israel.

So where are the Jews in the daughter of Babylon?

There are 6,000,000 Jews in America and only 3,000,000 Jews spread around the rest of the world.

America is prOBably the daughter of Babylon and future kingdom of antichrist called Babylon in Revelation 16:19.

• Members

As usual I don't really know what I am talking about, especially on the subject of the New Jerusalem.  Instead of saying, "I only know what I read in the papers," I will say, "I only know what I read in the bible.  And my conclusion is, I don't really have the required mental faculties to reach a definite rational conclusion as to it's shape.  So I offer this:

The Shape of the City (21:16). The shape of the heavenly city is "foursquare" (2l:16), with the length, breadth, and height being "equal." Most scholars view the city as in the shape of a cube. Others, such as Clarence Larkin, believe the heavenly city will have the configuration of a pyramid; the throne being at the top of the city, with the river of life issuing forth from underneath." J. Vernon McGee thinks the celestial city will be a cube enclosed within a sphere of pure crystal, with a diameter of 2,600 miles and circumference of 8,164 miles. The Holy of Holies in the tabernacle was a perfect cube as well as the Most Holy Place in the temple of Solomon (1 Kgs. 6:20). Although the heavenly Jerusalem will possibly be patterned after the earthly Holy of Holies, it will be on a heavenly scale, unfathomable in its vast dimensions to the human mind.    From http://www.prophecyforum.com/revelation/jerusalem.html

You see I don't think anybody really knows and so I don't feel so far out of the norm in being not totally smart.  It seems to be a natural human foible that we must have an answer to all questions asked.

It would be nice if all of God's rational creatures would just admit, "Hey, I ain't got all the answers." :unsure:

God bless,

Larry

Archived