• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kingdom Of Antichrist ?

• Members

The seven churches were real churches in real cities.
The CANDLESTICKS were symbolic of each of these real churches. .......

The issue went right over his head. The contention was about symbolism as it applied to mathematical equations, not the OBjects being numerated. Their initial rebuttal was that the measurements (i.e., mathematical equations) themselves were symbolic, and the point I am showing- which they've completely missed and reverted right back to circular reasoning- is that the equations given in Revelation are not neither symbolic nor allegorical. And since the mathematical equations have a literal meaning, it is impossible to conclude that the city is made up of humans because it doesn't 'add up' :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well it always amazes me the "pick and choose" symbolism.

"Yes the seven candlesticks were symbolic. (as were the seven stars.)

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches."

The verse says "the mystery of the seven stars......and the seven golden candlesticks. ..." and then explains that the seven stars are symbolic of the seven angels, and the seven candlesticks are symbolic of the seven churches.

But he says that the seven churches are symbolic......

So now we have the Bible using a symbol to describe a symbol according to Invicta. ...

No, symbols describe or explain facts - that is their purpose.

But the verse itself explains the symbols - and the churches are not the symbols......

But let's just pick and choose our symbols in spite of what the Bible clearly says......

• Members

Well it always amazes me the "pick and choose" symbolism.

"Yes the seven candlesticks were symbolic. (as were the seven stars.)

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches."

The verse says "the mystery of the seven stars......and the seven golden candlesticks. ..." and then explains that the seven stars are symbolic of the seven angels, and the seven candlesticks are symbolic of the seven churches.

But he says that the seven churches are symbolic......

So now we have the Bible using a symbol to describe a symbol according to Invicta. ...

No, symbols describe or explain facts - that is their purpose.

But the verse itself explains the symbols - and the churches are not the symbols......

But let's just pick and choose our symbols in spite of what the Bible clearly says......

You did not read my post.  I did not say the churches were symbolic, but the candlesticks were symbolic of the churches.  I do believe that the seven churches were real churches that existed at that time.  I also believe that they represented the whole church.

Just to pick up one point from your post.

Yes the seven candlesticks were symbolic. (as were the seven stars.)

Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

• Members

In answer to James post asking if the churches were symbolic AND if there 7 of them.........

I read your avoidance answer alright - and I answered appropriately.

• Moderators

For what it's worth, the New jerusalem, if indeed a cube, appx 1500 miles, cubed, would be 2.2079698x1014 cubed.   Even with all the saved of all time living in such a place, we would have plenty of room. I once hear we could each have like 1/4 sq mile, 15' high, to ourselves, figuring multiple levels.

I am not saying it will be like a giant apartment building, just a little something to make it more real in the size. 1500 miles is about 1/5 of the USA long and most of it wide, then 1500 miles into the air. That's a lot of space!

• Members

For what it's worth, the New jerusalem, if indeed a cube, appx 1500 miles, cubed, would be 2.2079698x1014 cubed. Even with all the saved of all time living in such a place, we would have plenty of room. I once hear we could each have like 1/4 sq mile, 15' high, to ourselves, figuring multiple levels.

I am not saying it will be like a giant apartment building, just a little something to make it more real in the size. 1500 miles is about 1/5 of the USA long and most of it wide, then 1500 miles into the air. That's a lot of space!

And it is specifically defined as to measurements.
You do not measure people spatially, but by quantity.
So if it is not talking about a "building" of some description, then God has given irrelevant figures at best, and deceitful information at worst.
I can't believe that the God of the Bible would do either, therefore I MUST come to the conclusion that the measurements God gave to us are an accurate representation of a physical structure.

• Members
Rev 21:9 ¶  And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
10  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

If the Bride and the city are not the same, when was John shown the Bride?

• Members

Rev 21
 2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The "Bride" is the symbol - "as a bride".
The fact is the city.

It is not that hard if you take things as they are written.

Now how about you tell us why there are precise and definite details regarding something that can not be measured.

The context clearly shows the city is the reality.

• Members

Rev 21
 2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

The "Bride" is the symbol - "as a bride".
The fact is the city.

It is not that hard if you take things as they are written.

Now how about you tell us why there are precise and definite details regarding something that can not be measured.

The context clearly shows the city is the reality.

So what or who is the bride?

• Members

So what or who is the bride?

In THIS PASSAGE the city - a literal city - is described "AS A bride adorned for her husband".

IN THIS PASSAGE the "Bride" is a symbolic representation of the city.

But the city is real, as it is t g en subject of the passage and as it is described in great detail.

• Members

In THIS PASSAGE the city - a literal city - is described "AS A bride adorned for her husband".

IN THIS PASSAGE the "Bride" is a symbolic representation of the city.

But the city is real, as it is t g en subject of the passage and as it is described in great detail.

Interesting, I have never heard that before.

• Members

To all,

When the New Jerusalem is suspended over the hills of Israel, the gravity will lift up Israel as a plain.

Zechariah 14:6-11

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

10All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.

11And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

Archived