• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Kingdom Of Antichrist ?

• Members

So "the church" can be measured and is packed into a cube shape?

Can you tell me if we are squished together tightly, or are we allowed an arms length between each other?.

You can not measure a bunch of people dimensionally.

The description given to this city is specific and clear.

As I said, it is symbolic.

1Peter 2:5  Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I said, it is symbolic.

1Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

That is plainly rubbish - specific measurements make it real.

You do not measure people by the sqm.

There is a difference between saying we are building and describing the physical attributes of a building.

• Members

"Symbolization" of Scripture is part of 1,500 year old Catholic "Replacement Theology".

Catholic doctrine is that all of Revelation is "symbolic".  This doctrine started with

Origen of Alexandria (185-254 A.D.).  Remnants of Catholic Replacement Theology

teachings are found throughout Protestantism... yes even among some "IFB".

• Members

"Symbolization" of Scripture is part of 1,500 year old Catholic "Replacement Theology".
Catholic doctrine is that all of Revelation is "symbolic". This doctrine started with
Origen of Alexandria (185-254 A.D.).

Well that is certainly the position of two members here, regardless of what name you might put to it.

• Members

Catholic doctrine is that all of Revelation is "symbolic".  This doctrine started with

No, they just stole the 'Covenant Theology' teaching held by the real church, and perverted it a bit.

Thanks for telling that though.

:godisgood:

• Members

Spot on, Beam!  The RCC believes the Bible is symbolic not literal.  I remember priests saying this, when I was being raised in the RCC.  I questioned it, and wondered how God's word could be symbolic not literal.  It makes zero sense and is calling God a liar.  Unfortunately, this lie has made it's way into many Protestant churches.  

• Members

No, they just stole the 'Covenant Theology' teaching held by the real church, and perverted it a bit.
Thanks for telling that though.

No, covenant theology is not replacement theology - he keeps telling us so.

Replacement Theology is not Biblical. Just ask Paul.

• Members

No, covenant theology is not replacement theology - he keeps telling us so.

Replacement Theology is not Biblical. Just ask Paul.

You are right!Thank you for that truth!

:clapping: Been trying to get that out. Glad someone else actually said that they are not the same!!

• Members

But if they are different then why does he immediately defend covenant theology whenever anyone condemns replacement theology.
I still haven't figured that one out.....

• Members

That is plainly rubbish - specific measurements make it real.

You do not measure people by the sqm.

There is a difference between saying we are building and describing the physical attributes of a building.

Bro Dave

Thanks for your reply.  You said that we wouldn't be piled up on top of each other, but how else would we live in a cube?

If the city is a cube, then how is it also a mountain?

• Members

Are folks in skyscrapers "piled on top of each other"? Whether a high rise or a cube it would seem possible to have many different levels of space for accommodations.

If all the saints from the beginning of man to the end are to live in one place, that place would have to be very sizable.

• Members

Bro Dave

Thanks for your reply. You said that we wouldn't be piled up on top of each other, but how else would we live in a cube?

If the city is a cube, then how is it also a mountain?

That's not what I said at all.
Not in any way shape or form.

I questioned you on how you measure a group of people, and whether the measurement was with everyone squished together or at arm's length.

Simply, you don't measure a group of people spatially - you can measure the room they are in, but not the actual people like that.

Stop sliding away from the issue.

The city is measured in a specific way, and that indicates a literal city.

• Members

But if they are different then why does he immediately defend covenant theology whenever anyone condemns replacement theology.
I still haven't figured that one out.....

Because some here like to slam Covenanter, and myself and others, who mostly follow Covenant Theology teachings, using the term Replacement Theology.

And that is not what we believe or teach, some just like to aggravate, mostly because they lose their 'focus'.

• Members

I stated 'mostly follow'.

(And this is Wikipedia.)

I just follow what the scriptures teach from my experience and study for 27 years

of reading the word of God, well over 25 times all the way through.

I have never read a book or pamphlet on it till a recent search, online of course,

to  even 'see' what Covenant or Dispensational teachings matched with my own.

Like I have told others here, I am not a Calvinist, nor Arminian, if what they teach is 'right' according to my understanding

of the scriptures, I believe it. Whether it be something taught by either of them or neither of them.

I lean mostly to Covenant Theology, and none to Dispensational.

That is my experience, like I said, of the last 27 years. To me, that is what I go by.

Since no man taught me what I believe, and I received it from the scriptures, what else can I do?

Just accept someone else's supposed knowledge?

No.

I am what I am, by the grace of God.

Archived