• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Original Sin And Pelagianism

Jordan Kurecki

• Members

:umno:

I started reading Calvin's Institutes once...I made it through about 3 pages.  It was page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page page after page after page after page after page after page of what I deemed incessant theological ramblings. Why anyone would spend time in that rather than God's word...I don't understand.

2 Tim 1Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

God also uses people in our lives and history to teach us also

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Calvin was a murderer.
Calvin was a despot.
Calvin was a dictator.
Calvin was a false teacher.
Calvin was not a faithful man.
Calvin was not a saved man.

His doctrines are not biblically supportable.
His teachings twist Scripture to fit his own ideas.

• Members

you took the bait...lawyers like to go round and round so much that pretty soon you'll just say "yeah, yeah" to get them to shut up. Every discussion with such a person goes nowhere. We know this. History proves it.

• Members

2 Tim 1Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

God also uses people in our lives and history to teach us also

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
14   And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15   Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

• Members

Calvin was a murderer.
Calvin was a despot.
Calvin was a dictator.
Calvin was a false teacher.
Calvin was not a faithful man.
Calvin was not a saved man.

His doctrines are not biblically supportable.
His teachings twist Scripture to fit his own ideas.

can you please be specific in what teachings do you disagree with that his doctorines?

• Members

Nah.
Take your pick.

The onus is on you, I asked you to be specific in what you disagree with Calvin's doctrine.
As for the OP, that would be covered under the T in tulip, mans totally depravity because of Adam's, which we inherited from him

• Members

The onus is on you, I asked you to be specific in what you disagree with Calvin's doctrine.
As for the OP, that would be covered under the T in tulip, mans totally depravity because of Adam's, which we inherited from him

see! I knew it would come up :bday:

• Members

I gave you a perfectly serviceable answer.
And about as acceptable to a Calvinist as any other answer I might give. ;)

• Members

I believe some of the stuff that Calvin believed and some of the stuff that reformed folk today believe, for example the doctrine of the trinity. But so what?

Catholics believe the trinity, prOBably the most trinitarian of all.  

• Members

I gave you a perfectly serviceable answer.
And about as acceptable to a Calvinist as any other answer I might give. ;)

so, you don't have an answer. In my experience in the IFB, that was typical to separate from something you totally know nothing about

• Members

so, you don't have an answer. In my experience in the IFB, that was typical to separate from something you totally know nothing about

I have plenty of answers, but in my experience you don't want them - no Calvinist I have ever met actually wants answers - they want to twist words and argue.

They learned it from their mentor (Calvin), who learned it from his father.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 

Archived