• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Is A Good Pastor For Todays New Standards

• Members

Does no one know how to spell anymore?

Makes the question kinda not interesting enough if the one starting it doesn't have enough care to turn on 'spell-check'.

Ok, so you don't speak clear English, and I see from your website you also speak Spanish.

Now I understand why you seem confusing to us sometimes.

Maybe if you had someone read your post who speaks English a little better than yourself, before you post it.

That way it wouldn't seem so confusing.

I am sure you are intelligent though, please don't take this the wrong way.

When people who get on this site and read, what appears to be an adult Christian website, we assume the

level of intelligence is a 'graduated-from-high-school' type of intelligence, and people know 'how' to spell.

If you have been here very long, you know this does not always prove out.

But it does help people to take seriously the questions and subjects brought up.

• Members

Thank you... :)    I don't like old orange/red Chevy pick-up trucks anyways....  :knuppel:

Really? A serious question answered with this? I am not sure if this is an amateurish attempt at comedy or if you are mocking me for asking my question.

I am surprised that you haven't been labeled a troll yet.

• Moderators

Does no one know how to spell anymore?

Makes the question kinda not interesting enough if the one starting it doesn't have enough care to turn on 'spell-check'.

Though there are MANY words in the OP that are neither applicable nor sensible in their usage --- they are all properly spelled words (I know, not properly spelled as the intended word but properly spelled as A word). The point here is that spell-check still wouldn't flag them.

• Members

To answer your question......There are NO NEW Standards. The standard for the Preacher is the same as it has been since the word of God was written. There definitely are no NEW changes in the Bible. Fleshly PEOPLE make a decision to play fleshly music in their services to make people feel good and empty their wallets. Typical services in these churches go like this.

1. Singing and Shouting and a little dancing in the pew and hand raising mixed with praise the lord and hallelujah being said repeatedly. 

2. Group Leader (notice I didn't' say pastor) then "calms the people down" with a little antidote.

3. Leader gives a little speech or shows a video on the big screen to get you thinking sad thoughts.

4. Brings a guilt message and makes you cry.

5. Ends with putting the ball in your court. "What are you going to do about it" is a favorite line.

6. Gives invitation where many get "saved" or as they call it a "new beginning" or "I had goose bumps"

They build you up and get you excited, then cut you down to tears, then give invitation.

BEWARE OF THESE CHURCHES!!!  The salvation found without repentance usually is not genuine!!

• Members

Depends on the pastor's personal motives and who he wants to please.

So, to answer the OP...

Basically, a good pastor for today's new standards would be a man whose motives are pure, a man who wants to please God, and a man who won't acquiesce to the desires of today's worldly Christianity.

HOWEVER...if a man (or woman) desires popularity, wants to please men, and thinks that anything goes as long as "Jesus" is tacked on to it...he can certainly build a large following. 

• Members

Ok, so you don't speak clear English, and I see from your website you also speak Spanish.

Now I understand why you seem confusing to us sometimes.
Maybe if you had someone read your post who speaks English a little better than yourself, before you post it.

That way it wouldn't seem so confusing.
I am sure you are intelligent though, please don't take this the wrong way.

When people who get on this site and read, what appears to be an adult Christian website, we assume the
level of intelligence is a 'graduated-from-high-school' type of intelligence, and people know 'how' to spell.

If you have been here very long, you know this does not always prove out.
But it does help people to take seriously the questions and subjects brought up.

Do you have the Spanish version... I like Snoopy.... :)

• Members

Depends on the pastor's personal motives and who he wants to please.

So, to answer the OP...

Basically, a good pastor for today's new standards would be a man whose motives are pure, a man who wants to please God, and a man who won't acquiesce to the desires of today's worldly Christianity.

HOWEVER...if a man (or woman) desires popularity, wants to please men, and thinks that anything goes as long as "Jesus" is tacked on to it...he can certainly build a large following.

I agree with you my friend. Forgive me for my poor grammar. I do feel stupid sometimes. How can Christ, use me?

Archived