Online Baptist Community

Repentance And How To Properly Share The Gospel

Rate this topic

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

The same approach doesn't work well in every situation, with every person, in every place. We have to adjust our tactics to best reach the people. Why antagonize people who become instantly defensive and angry with folks knocking on their doors when we have the better option of meeting these people on the sidewalk, in the park, at the store, at a community event where they are open to being approach, open to conversation?

At the same time, such as the case with the town across the river where they are especially open to door knockers, why not take the door knocking to them?

I've witnessed in many different places, to a variety of people, and different methods and approaches are necessary. I used different tactics when witnessing in "the hood" than when talking to people at the county fair. Same Gospel, just a different approach to better reach the target audience. If one approach doesn't work well in a certain place or with certain people I'll try a different approach.

My truck always has a full 5 gallon can of gas, a DC air compressor for flats, jumper cables, fire extenguisher, well stocked first aid kit, and emergency survival kit in it. I actively seek the opportunity to be a blessing to a motorist in trouble. I have yet to find someone I am helping in time in need who will not hear an entire gospel witness.
Yes.... A friend and I would go out, equipped like this, all night every Sat. night, when we were young Bible College students. We worked midnights, so we had a hard time sleeping at night. To this day, I keep tge assistance package handy, and look for those in need. They are often ready to be harvested. Edited by prophet1

• 7 months later...

http://jordankurecki.sermon.tv/main/main/20083480

Here's a sermon I preached recently.

It covers what Repentance is, and how to use the 10 commandments to lead someone to Christ.

​Hi Jordan, I would like to hear your preaching on this topic, however the link to your sermon does not work, are you able to update it?

Michael, I recently took it down because I have changed my view of repentance. 

I use to view repentance as someone turning from their sin. but I no longer believe that.

I may someday put up another version of the message.

Michael, I recently took it down because I have changed my view of repentance. 

I use to view repentance as someone turning from their sin. but I no longer believe that.

I may someday put up another version of the message.

So, what do believe now? Have you had a change of 'where your heart lies', (i.e. repentance)?

I believe repentance means to change your mind about whatever is keeping your from believing on Christ, if it's your love of sin, then you must change your mind about sin, if it's thaty you think you are good, you msut change your mind, if your trusting in your idol, then you must change your mind and repent. 

I believe repentance is simply a change of mind about sin, God, and salvation.

Repentance is saying God i am sorry for my sin, pease forgive me.

I do not think it is coming to God with the attitude that you wont sin anymore, because a unregenerated heart cannot turn away from all of his sin, he can only hopelessly cast himself at the feet of Christ and trust him, after that God will regenerate him and give him a new heart that will no longer desire sin.

after that God will regenerate him and give him a new heart that will no longer desire sin.

​This part I am curious on. Is it a new heart God gives or is it a Spiritual part of man that God awakens. This Spirit indwelling still has to fight the flesh of the man continuously. When we resist temptation after salvation, the Spirit wins. When we succumb to sin, the flesh wins. The closer the walk with God, the less we succumb to sin. The farther away we walk from God, the more we succumb.