• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Repentance And How To Properly Share The Gospel

• Members

It is easy to quote such a verse as this but then fail to show whether using the Ten is a Doctrine? a correction? an instruction? 

Paul used the law term in Galatians to show an instruction that the law was useless except to lead them to Christ. And that does mean they found no other way.  It means that Jesus saves by his work and not by the law. The law will not work for anything except outward righteousness.  He fulfilled the law not by OBedience to the Law, but by fulfilling it in the sacrificial act of shedding his righteous blood as the sinless pure lamb of God.

Can the Ten commandments fulfill more that one item in that list?

Can show it as an doctrine? Jesus did in Matthew 5

A correction? Romans 2:21

An Instruction?  Proverbs 6:23

For Reproof? Its been shown in this post.

By dividing the scripture into only one camp its not right. Paul taught parts of the law. When Jesus said its not what goes in a man that defiles him but what comes out, Paul tossed away the food laws but he still taught its wrong to be gay. Jesus didn't single the gay issue so where did Paul get that teaching? Leviticus 18:22 And the list could go on and on where today we OBey parts of the law. Even parts of Jesus' commandments to us are old testament laws. Thankfully we are under Grace so that when we mess up no one takes us out and stones us to death. 

• Members

Can the Ten commandments fulfill more that one item in that list?

Can show it as an doctrine? Jesus did in Matthew 5

A correction? Romans 2:21

An Instruction?  Proverbs 6:23

For Reproof? Its been shown in this post.

By dividing the scripture into only one camp its not right. Paul taught parts of the law. When Jesus said its not what goes in a man that defiles him but what comes out, Paul tossed away the food laws but he still taught its wrong to be gay. Jesus didn't single the gay issue so where did Paul get that teaching? Leviticus 18:22 And the list could go on and on where today we OBey parts of the law. Even parts of Jesus' commandments to us are old testament laws. Thankfully we are under Grace so that when we mess up no one takes us out and stones us to death. 

Matthew 5 is a doctrine for Israel as that instruction was preparing them for their life in the kingdom not the Gentile Church, the body of Christ today.

Proverbs 6 is for Israel doctrinally and instructional for Gentiles if applicable for the body of Christ and that depends on if it agrees with Paul's teaching on the same subject for the body of Christ.

Romans 2:22 has nothing to do with Gentiles OBeying or getting saved by the laws given for all Israel.  Paul was speaking to those who called them selves Jews and made their claim to it you must keep context to rightly divide.

Paul never taught the law as a way to get saved.  Nor did he use it to lead a person to Christ.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Members

The law was never given for salvation. It was given to reveal sin and to show man that he is a guilty sinner before God.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Romans 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

1 Timothy 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disOBedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1 Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

The law was also given to bring men to Christ....it was our "schoolmaster"

Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Galatians 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

How can someone lead a lost sinner to Christ if that lost sinner does not know or understand he/she is a lost sinner?

• Members

Matthew 5 is a doctrine for Israel as that instruction was preparing them for their life in the kingdom not the Gentile Church, the body of Christ today.

Proverbs 6 is for Israel doctrinally and instructional for Gentiles if applicable for the body of Christ and that depends on if it agrees with Paul's teaching on the same subject for the body of Christ.

Romans 2:22 has nothing to do with Gentiles OBeying or getting saved by the laws given for all Israel.  Paul was speaking to those who called them selves Jews and made their claim to it you must keep context to rightly divide.

Paul never taught the law as a way to get saved.  Nor did he use it to lead a person to Christ.

There was no New Testament for Paul to be referring to. All they had was the Law and Prophets that's what all scripture means. 

AV which of the ten commandments do you teach its okay for a gentile Christian to break? 1 of them? 5 of them? all 10? 

Side note: I've listened to Les Feldick teach the same thing but Paul's teaching do not trump God in the flesh, Jesus. Les teaches the only place the church can receive doctrine is in Paul's letters. Then Les turns around and uses the old testament and the remaining books of the new testament to teach the doctrines he supports. If Les was correct all he would use is Paul's teaching. This week he is using Psalms to teach doctrine. Even Paul said that was wrong to follow only one apostle 1 Corinthians 3:4. 

• Members

There was no New Testament for Paul to be referring to. All they had was the Law and Prophets that's what all scripture means. 

AV which of the ten commandments do you teach its okay for a gentile Christian to break? 1 of them? 5 of them? all 10? 

Side note: I've listened to Les Feldick teach the same thing but Paul's teaching do not trump God in the flesh, Jesus. Les teaches the only place the church can receive doctrine is in Paul's letters. Then Les turns around and uses the old testament and the remaining books of the new testament to teach the doctrines he supports. If Les was correct all he would use is Paul's teaching. This week he is using Psalms to teach doctrine. Even Paul said that was wrong to follow only one apostle 1 Corinthians 3:4. 

I used to watch Les every once in a while. Les stresses the importance of God's word...how believers need to "get in the book"...that it's the inspired word of God.

Have you seen the episode where he says something to the effect of..."See, if you don't study, you won't catch these errors in the Bible."

I saw it with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears. So in one fell swoop, he destroyed what he claims to believe and what he claims he wants others to believe.

I wish I could remember what "episode #" it is...I was so flabbergasted when it happened, I didn't even think to write it down.

• Members

Paul taught what he learned directly from Jesus over a period of three years in Arabia (prOBably Mt. Sinai).

His Epistles reflect what he learned.  In three places Paul tells us that he is the Apostle to the Gentiles.

Galatians 1:15-17 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

I'm surprised you can't figure out Les Feldick.  It's real simple: Paul is your Apostle and much of the N.T. is not directed to you, but to the Circumcision.
The Catholics always "elevate" the Gospels above the rest of scripture, as that is where they get their "doctrine".  Feldick rightly exposes this as the error of the Catholic Church.
Edited by beameup

• Members

I'm pretty sure that I have Les Feldick figured out. He makes a lot of good points (from when I used to watch him some)...it's the bad points that concern me. That's why I don't watch him anymore...and haven't in a long time.

Well, he teaches the principle of "rightly dividing" which is a good start.  The Holy Spirit can do the rest.

• Members

I'm not arguing with you, so don't take this as though I am...there's a lot of people who claim to "rightly divide the word"...I've seen that biblical phrase more in the last few years than I ever have before...and I've seen it a lot here too. Everyone claims they "rightly divide the word", and there are so many differences in HOW it's "rightly divided". One group says this, another says that, then another says something else...but all of them claim to be right.

I'll be honest...when I see or hear someone say that they "rightly divide the word", I get an immediate red flag, because of all the differences that are given in their "rightly dividing".

They can't all be right when they don't agree...and I don't agree with Les' hyper-dispensationalism.  I might be wrong in not believing it...though I don't think I am...but that's me.

• Members

I'm not arguing with you, so don't take this as though I am...there's a lot of people who claim to "rightly divide the word"...I've seen that biblical phrase more in the last few years than I ever have before...and I've seen it a lot here too. Everyone claims they "rightly divide the word", and there are so many differences in HOW it's "rightly divided". One group says this, another says that, then another says something else...but all of them claim to be right.

I'll be honest...when I see or hear someone say that they "rightly divide the word", I get an immediate red flag, because of all the differences that are given in their "rightly dividing".

They can't all be right when they don't agree...and I don't agree with Les' hyper-dispensationalism.  I might be wrong in not believing it...though I don't think I am...but that's me.

I've seen this "hyper-dispensationalist" accusation thrown around a lot (I won't mention any names, but if you arent a certain -ite then you are dismissed as a heretic).

It's real simple: Feldnick does not have a massive religious "business" to run as is the case with 99% on "Christian T.V." (we have 11 channels here - totally useless).

The rightly-dividing is illustrated in Galatians 2:7:

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me [Paul]
as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

It's a simple enough concept, but most Christians are "left in the dark" concerning it.  Replacement Theology hates the thought that some scripture wasn't written directly to "the Church". 
Edited by beameup

• Members

Paul taught what he learned directly from Jesus over a period of three years in Arabia (prOBably Mt. Sinai).

His Epistles reflect what he learned.  In three places Paul tells us that he is the Apostle to the Gentiles.

Galatians 1:15-17 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

I'm surprised you can't figure out Les Feldick.  It's real simple: Paul is your Apostle and much of the N.T. is not directed to you, but to the Circumcision.
The Catholics always "elevate" the Gospels above the rest of scripture, as that is where they get their "doctrine".  Feldick rightly exposes this as the error of the Catholic Church.

Its good to expose Catholic errors. I want to glean that and keep it. Its correct when Les says Paul is my apostle. Does that mean everything else Les teaches is right? 

Its wrong to teach the book of John can not be used for the gentile church. Then turn around and teach being born again using John 3 to a room full of church gentiles, on a gentile TV station, in a gentile nation. It breaks my heart when Les makes himself a hypocrite. Les isn't fake he's like the rest of us, he can't see his own faults. 

I've watched Les and I've download many of his teachings from his website. I feel sorry for him when teaches something wrong and I fear it will hurt people who watch his show. Les isn't perfect the things he gets wrong will be burned up and the things he got right will shine forth as gold. Why can't I keep the things he gets right and throw away the things he gets wrong? 

• Members

Its good to expose Catholic errors. I want to glean that and keep it. Its correct when Les says Paul is my apostle. Does that mean everything else Les teaches is right? 

Its wrong to teach the book of John can not be used for the gentile church. Then turn around and teach being born again using John 3 to a room full of church gentiles, on a gentile TV station, in a gentile nation. It breaks my heart when Les makes himself a hypocrite. Les isn't fake he's like the rest of us, he can't see his own faults. 

I've watched Les and I've download many of his teachings from his website. I feel sorry for him when teaches something wrong and I fear it will hurt people who watch his show. Les isn't perfect the things he gets wrong will be burned up and the things he got right will shine forth as gold. Why can't I keep the things he gets right and throw away the things he gets wrong? 

Only the Holy Spirit can teach you,  He can show you how to "eat the meat, and spit out the bones".  

In the case of John, he was prisoner on Patmos with Gentiles and it was written in 90 A.D., 20 years after the destruction of the Temple.

So, in that respect, John "transcends" Judiasm.

No human teacher is perfect.

• Members

:smilie_loco:4

it is ok to use emotiocons to say some one is crazy or Cookoo and not get a rebuke from the Mods and members is fare game.

I guess that is what one should do to say something without words and not be rebuked.  NOT!  If I had done this Happy and the lots would be all over me.

But using them is just like saying it and where is the rebuke and scolding?

This is not the first time this type of favoritism and prejudice was evident among some members and some mods here.

Oh the Hypocrisy.