• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Repentance And How To Properly Share The Gospel

• Members

Michael, I recently took it down because I have changed my view of repentance. 

I use to view repentance as someone turning from their sin. but I no longer believe that.

I may someday put up another version of the message.

So, what do believe now? Have you had a change of 'where your heart lies', (i.e. repentance)?

• Members

I believe repentance means to change your mind about whatever is keeping your from believing on Christ, if it's your love of sin, then you must change your mind about sin, if it's thaty you think you are good, you msut change your mind, if your trusting in your idol, then you must change your mind and repent. 

I believe repentance is simply a change of mind about sin, God, and salvation.

Repentance is saying God i am sorry for my sin, pease forgive me.

• Members

I do not think it is coming to God with the attitude that you wont sin anymore, because a unregenerated heart cannot turn away from all of his sin, he can only hopelessly cast himself at the feet of Christ and trust him, after that God will regenerate him and give him a new heart that will no longer desire sin.

• Members

after that God will regenerate him and give him a new heart that will no longer desire sin.

​This part I am curious on. Is it a new heart God gives or is it a Spiritual part of man that God awakens. This Spirit indwelling still has to fight the flesh of the man continuously. When we resist temptation after salvation, the Spirit wins. When we succumb to sin, the flesh wins. The closer the walk with God, the less we succumb to sin. The farther away we walk from God, the more we succumb.