• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Repentance And How To Properly Share The Gospel

• Members

Paul never used the Law to show a Gentile that they were sinners and/or to lead them to Christ.  He didn't even use it to lead Jews to Christ  and for us to do so is to use a NON BIBLICAL means of evangelizing.

Paul may not of had the New Testament he did have the Holy Ghost and direct Revelation from God himself.

I don't know who this Les guy is but anyone who says there are errors in the AV Bible is someone I would not listen too no matter how correct they are on right division.

• Members

Paul never used the Law to show a Gentile that they were sinners and/or to lead them to Christ.  He didn't even use it to lead Jews to Christ  and for us to do so is to use a NON BIBLICAL means of evangelizing.

Paul may not of had the New Testament he did have the Holy Ghost and direct Revelation from God himself.

I don't know who this Les guy is but anyone who says there are errors in the AV Bible is someone I would not listen too no matter how correct they are on right division.

I believe some are misinformed about Feldick, as I have never heard him say anything negative concerning the KJV.

He emphasizes, over and over and over again, when the scriptures are addressing the Jews (as in the Gospels).

Once you have heard how to rightly-divide the scriptures, and determine which scriptures are specifically addressed

to the Gentiles, then there is no reason to constantly be watching Feldick, because you already understand the concept.

Feldick rightly exposes the error of the Catholic Church, and those who unknowlingly follow their teaching, that they rely

heavily on Matthew, Mark, and Luke for their "doctrine".  They fail to understand the audience and Jesus' mission.

• Members

I believe some are misinformed about Feldick, as I have never heard him say anything negative concerning the KJV.

He emphasizes, over and over and over again, when the scriptures are addressing the Jews (as in the Gospels).

Once you have heard how to rightly-divide the scriptures, and determine which scriptures are specifically addressed

to the Gentiles, then there is no reason to constantly be watching Feldick, because you already understand the concept.

Feldick rightly exposes the error of the Catholic Church, and those who unknowlingly follow their teaching, that they rely

heavily on Matthew, Mark, and Luke for their "doctrine".  They fail to understand the audience and Jesus' mission.

Well I fully agree with all that.

• Members

Considering yourself and a couple others are still able to post here even after making so many posts filled with unbiblical stuff you shouldn't be whining about Mods noticing you or upset that others notice unbiblical crazy postings for what they are.

this is about you having the freedom to call people crazy for sharing their way of Study and those Mods and people agree with you let you slide while those they disagree with aren't given that same freedom.

The hypocrisy is not just seen on this thread.

I asked one who was quick to judge and correct my English Grammar mistake while not affording that same swiftness and or any correction of the one they agree with, when that person was absolutist incorrect in the identification of the type of Grammar an "A" is.  He called is a "conjunction" when all English Grammarians know it is an Article or more precisely and Indefinite Article.

This is not the fist time I have noticed it and have pointed out especially to a certain Mod.  But here the Mods are as gods.

Edited by AVBibleBeliever

• Members

I have tried countless times to find the episode where Les Feldick said that about errors.  I've also heard him say that there were errors in the translating process.

Les uses the KJV, because he thinks it's the best translation available...even though he thinks there are errors in it.

If I can ever find that episode (or the episode's transcription), I'll post a link to it.  I shouldn't have even mentioned it since I can't give the evidence; however, I do wonder if perhaps the episode has been done away with (or edited) because someone pointed out what he said and how bad it sounded.

• Members

I have tried countless times to find the episode where Les Feldick said that about errors.  I've also heard him say that there were errors in the translating process.

Les uses the KJV, because he thinks it's the best translation available...even though he thinks there are errors in it.

It matters not if you have the King James and don't know how to "rightly divide" it.

I left the "Cornerstone" IFB because the Pastor's wife was always finding some fault

with other ministries (picking splinters out of eyes of others), ministries that have done 

great good for the Lord and also only use the King James... but they were not "perfect" in her eyes.

• Members

It matters not if you have the King James and don't know how to "rightly divide" it.

I left the "Cornerstone" IFB because the Pastor's wife was always finding some fault

with other ministries (picking splinters out of eyes of others), ministries that have done 

great good for the Lord and also only use the King James... but they were not "perfect" in her eyes.

You're absolutely right.   :thumb:

• Members

Spirituality is not measured by how well you expose others weaknesses, but by how well you restore them.

Galatians 6:1 (KJV)
1  Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 

Bro. Garry

In His will.  By His power.  For His glory.

• Members

If the Mods were gods they would have banished you for your false teaching, disrespect to them and others. If you think it's so bad around here, you are free leave, the Mods won't hold you back.

the point is you have free run while others do not and it has nothing to do with being banned and it is your opinion as there are more of us here that agree to the type of STUDY we do.  It is your opinion that it is false teaching you have yet to prove it as such. :smilie_loco:4

• Administrators

it is ok to use emotiocons to say some one is crazy or Cookoo and not get a rebuke from the Mods and members is fare game.

I guess that is what one should do to say something without words and not be rebuked.  NOT!  If I had done this Happy and the lots would be all over me.

But using them is just like saying it and where is the rebuke and scolding?

This is not the first time this type of favoritism and prejudice was evident among some members and some mods here.

Oh the Hypocrisy.

Wow, are you presumptuous.  Yes, it is okay to use emoticons - and this conversation is crazy.  And I never even told you to stop with the disrespect of Miss Daisy by calling her Missy.  SMH. You sure do have a martyrdom complex.

No, John does not get free run.  Ask him how often I've gotten onto him.  Heh.  As for disproving what "more" of you believe, it doesn't matter what "proof" is given to you and your buds...you don't accept it.  So why bother.  *shrugs*  You are totally disrespectful of others. And yet you haven't been banned.  Hmmmm  -  maybe we haven't been targeting you.  

Back to topic, which, BTW, isn't about whining about how the mods treat people....

• Members

If I can ever find that episode (or the episode's transcription), I'll post a link to it.  I shouldn't have even mentioned it since I can't give the evidence; however, I do wonder if perhaps the episode has been done away with (or edited) because someone pointed out what he said and how bad it sounded.

Taken from Les Feldick's website. 

http://www.lesfeldick.org/lesqa-a.html

Book 4 LESSON TWO * PART II

"What I try to emphasize is that you and I can rest on this Book. It is letter perfect (in the original). I realize that all we have are translations and there have been some slight errors in translation. But God has so brooded over His Word that He hasn't allowed any gross error to come in, not even in our translations, so that we can rest on this as the inspired God-breathed, Word of God. When we can just believe it without doubting, whether it is the account of the creation, the Flood, the call of Abraham, the Covenant with the Nation of Israel, the Gospel of the Cross, the writings of Paul or the Book of Revelation, what do we say? - It is the Word of God! It is miraculous from start to finish and we have no room for doubt."

• Members

Either we have the preserved Word of God, or we don't. If we say there are "some errors" (for whatever reason) then that opens the entire Bible up to dispute. If "some errors" are found here or there, then the search will be on for more errors elsewhere. This is part of what has led to those "Christians" who believe the Bible is only partly accurate, taking it upon themselves to decide what is and isn't actually from God.

I don't recall the name of the group, but our pastor mentioned some "scholarly" group that gathers together to decide what verses in the Bible Jesus actually did or said. The way they decide? They vote on it!! A majority vote for or against a particular verse, saying, teaching or event in Scripture determines what is to be declared the actual Word of God.

Those who claim the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, our final authority, and yet accept all or most of the various translations and versions out there are on that slippery slope. If and when any of them reach the point where they must sit down with a dozen different versions saying a dozen different things and they have to decide which is right they will be faced with having to accept that only one of the Bible versions can be right, meaning the others are in error, or they are all in error and thus a process needs to be undertaken to separate the error from the truth in each one.

It still amazes me that some preachers claim the Bible to be inspired, accurate and our final guide, all the while preaching from a half dozen different versions that are not in full agreement with one another. Why can they not see the prOBlem with this and the inconsistency of their position?