• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Goodbye

swathdiver

• Members

Another consequence is that people like me, who are trying to learn true doctrine, get confused and discouraged.  How is someone new supposed to know what is acceptable and unacceptable information when both are allowed?

You cannot be corrupted from what the Spirit of God teaches you. Just don't let 'man' be your main teacher.

It's not really that tough.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Swathdiver

I understand and feel your pain.  When bad teaching goes unchecked by those in leadership positions, it is a discouragement to those who are trying to do right and teach right.  It is no different from politics and the workforce.  When bad behavior at the worksite goes unpunished, it discourages the good employees, and takes away their courage to do their best, and also strips them of their incentive to do right and work hard.

There is a small number here who OBviously have an agenda to push their false doctrine who refuse to be silenced by sound Bible teaching - no matter how it is presented, or by whom it is presented, no matter how clearly it is presented. 

Since the leadership here has refused to rebuke them, they have been given the "green light" to continue promoting their heresy. 

It is discouraging to the rest of us that they continue promoting their false doctrine.

The end result is that the GOOD people get tired of it and leave.

And then what?

See you around, and may the Lord bless you in your efforts to serve Him!

And calling a 'difference' of guidance by the Spirit of God on how to understand the word of God a 'false doctrine' helps?

Swath leaving might be the leading of God's Spirit for him. Everything 'negative' in one's life doesn't have to be 'bad' for the child of God.

Nor for us who stay. Maybe the Lord is weeding. Whether us or them, God knows.

• Members

And calling a 'difference' of guidance by the Spirit of God on how to understand the word of God a 'false doctrine' helps?
Swath leaving might be the leading of God's Spirit for him. Everything 'negative' in one's life doesn't have to be 'bad' for the child of God.
Nor for us who stay. Maybe the Lord is weeding. Whether us or them, God knows.

False teaching is false teaching.
Are you suggesting that has been no false teaching here over the past ....say 4 months?

• Members

One of the prOBlems in this area is there are some things that are clearly false, but then there are areas without 100% clarity and there may be differing views in those areas. Do we call differing views false teaching or do we reserve the category of false teaching only for those matters which are 100% clear?

• Members

Swath my friend you will be missed as a brother in the Lord and I thank you for sharing your walk with the lord with many here. I may not know you as a personal friend but I do as A brother in the lord, my friend it will be only a short while and we will fellowship in heaven face to face and until that time stay strong in the Lord Jesus and share the love of Jesus with all whom you meet in the world.

from my heart with the love Jesus  you'll be missed.

God bless my friend. 

• Members

False teaching is false teaching.
Are you suggesting that has been no false teaching here over the past ....say 4 months?

Nope, not in the least. 

But with that said, lets get over it and move on. Everyone, OBviously here, is not going to agree with every jot and tittle.

I find that very hard to believe, amongst brethren, but I can live with that.

I have been saved since 1987, and have never seen the discussions that I have seen here among people who are supposed to be 'kin'.

I have been duped into believing that brethren had one way of taking the scriptures, and boy has this been a wake up call.

But no longer.

And having finished all things, I will stand fast.

• Members

"let's get over it and move on???"

Really?

No, I cannot "get over" people who persistently promote false doctrine, especially in light of those who consistently demonstrate that they are ignoring, twisting, and wresting the Scriptures to their own destruction.  All they are doing is creating confusion in the hearts and minds of believers.

• Members

No, I cannot "get over" people who persistently promote false doctrine, especially in light of those who consistently demonstrate that they are ignoring, twisting, and wresting the Scriptures to their own destruction.

most every Protestant since 1870 and subsequently most every Baptist preacher is guilty of "ignoring, twisting, and wresting Scripture."

They learneD the art from Catholic Popes.

• Members

Thought they had pastors, too.

Didn't you once say that you were kicked out of your church because of an ongoing prOBlem with your pastor?  Carrying a bit of a chip on the shoulder?

• Members

Indeed there are many differences even among IFBs, but which ones are we going to declare to be false teachings and which are simply differing viewpoints?

A few areas of difference are to be found regarding:

Alcohol

Tithe

Rapture (timing)

Hair length for women (sometimes men)

Pants vs dresses for women

Make-up

Jewelry

Modesty

Women as teachers (in and/or out of church)

Women in positions of authority (in and/or out of church)

Dispensationalism

CCM

Hymns

Musical instruments

Methods of soul winning

Various issues regarding separation

Those are just a few that immediately come to mind, there are likely many more, in which IFBs have differing views. Are all of these matters of false teaching? Differing views? Some one, some the other? Which of these can we have discussions as brothers/sisters in Christ and which are matters of actually dealing with false teaching?

• Members

I know I don't agree with majority opinion here, but I always seek to present Scripture arguments.

The recent covenant threads look as if they were started to provoke arguments.

Would IFB be better without me? Am I driving genuine folk away?

• Members

I know I don't agree with majority opinion here, but I always seek to present Scripture arguments.

The recent covenant threads look as if they were started to provoke arguments.

Would IFB be better without me? Am I driving genuine folk away?

If the 'view' of some are too indistinguishable from the wording of scriptures,

maybe that should be squelched, but there has to be something we can discuss.

It's not all about the lost here. (a little liberty here please?)

We are talking to brethren about the word of God, (which shouldn't be 'theories', but theories are kinda 'fun' to look at too.)

This is a meeting place for us, "an Independent Baptist Community".

Just because others 'get' to listen in, doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to express our 'views'.

I think those that are leaving, are leaving because the Lord 'might' have something else for them to do right now.

That shouldn't mean a negative thing for this site.

Besides Covenanter, "few there be that find it"... The truth is never a majority.

Archived