• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Goodbye

swathdiver

• Members

Folks, my time here has come to an end.  In the beginning I really enjoyed the time spent here sharpening my irons so to speak and learning when I was wrong.  

Over the past year I've become increasingly frustrated with the rampant false teachings and some dear online "friends" whom I persuaded to stay on board for a time, finally left.  Others strong in the faith rarely post anymore, while others who used to be strong seem to be adopting the doctrines of fools.

Brother Matt, thank you for providing this forum for Independent Baptists and the lost and I pray that you'll be able to devote more time to it in the future and set it aright on the tracks again.

My family has appreciated your prayers and we've been honored to pray for your needs as well.

Goodbye for now.

:wave:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Folks, my time here has come to an end. In the beginning I really enjoyed the time spent here sharpening my irons so to speak and learning when I was wrong.

Over the past year I've become increasingly frustrated with the rampant false teachings and some dear online "friends" whom I persuaded to stay on board for a time, finally left. Others strong in the faith rarely post anymore, while others who used to be strong seem to be adopting the doctrines of fools.

Brother Matt, thank you for providing this forum for Independent Baptists and the lost and I pray that you'll be able to devote more time to it in the future and set it aright on the tracks again.

My family has appreciated your prayers and we've been honored to pray for your needs as well.

Goodbye for now.

:wave:

Have a happy life my friend, the truth is the internet faith forum websites are not the best place to find true friends. I have non here, but I still post. Come by once in a while. I left and came back too, and will leave again someday. This is not a church here, many here may not even go to a local church. Take Care.... TGL

• Members

Swathdiver

I understand and feel your pain.  When bad teaching goes unchecked by those in leadership positions, it is a discouragement to those who are trying to do right and teach right.  It is no different from politics and the workforce.  When bad behavior at the worksite goes unpunished, it discourages the good employees, and takes away their courage to do their best, and also strips them of their incentive to do right and work hard.

There is a small number here who OBviously have an agenda to push their false doctrine who refuse to be silenced by sound Bible teaching - no matter how it is presented, or by whom it is presented, no matter how clearly it is presented. 

Since the leadership here has refused to rebuke them, they have been given the "green light" to continue promoting their heresy. 

It is discouraging to the rest of us that they continue promoting their false doctrine.

The end result is that the GOOD people get tired of it and leave.

And then what?

See you around, and may the Lord bless you in your efforts to serve Him!

• Members

I can empathize with your inner struggle, Brother, because after some irritating "confrontations" online (not here) I've realized that the internet in general has more often rOBbed me of my peace, joy, and time than it has edified me and strengthened my faith and knowledge of the Scriptures. Hold fast to the Lord and if I don't see you back here on OB, we shall meet again in Glory. God bless, Swath. 

Archived