• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

We Refuse To Be Enemies - 1500 Fruit Trees Destroyed

Covenanter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the lad is still a bit disgruntled that England dropped to a third-rate world power after stabbing Israel in the back after the Balfour Declaration. That's what happens when you mess with the borders, as well as attempt to make deals with Nazis to prevent Jews from returning home (as Winnie the Pooh Churchil did). If England was such a great nation they'd still have an influential voice in the world. Now they are laughed at in any world council meeting, and the only people with any influence are the corrupt bankers that take up residence there who are loyal to the pope. The violence in England is so bad now after they took the guns from the people that now they want to start banning kitchen knives.

And let's not forget that half the reason that the US exists is because the citizens had to run from a bunch of tyrants and bullies in England that let power go to their heads. It is especially a great black mark on the story of England with the involvement that the Calvinists there and Geneva had in the black slave trade, and in the assistance of killing Indians when creating colonies in America in her infancy.

So yeah, and Englander criticizing Israel? You have less room to talk than a mime in a coffee cup. I could go on and on, but...

When someone can show me ANY nation on this planet that is GODLY or ever has been longer than the span of a few judges and/or kings, I'll stop pointing out the hypocritical bigots that always feel the need to attack Israel on a regular basis. 

• Members

There are several sects of Judaism, Covenanter.  I suspect this Rabbi is Charedi.  They are extremists who don't allow their children to serve in the IDF.  They also make nice with Ahmajinedad.  They meet him, shake his hand and kiss him on the cheek.  Charedi Jewish men believe the Muslims should have control of Israel until Mashiach (Messiah) comes.  They are frowned on by other religious Jews.  I question your source, and would need more information on this Rabbi.

BTW, my son and step-daughter have two trees in their name growing in Israel.  They are blooming after they were planted over 23 years ago, when my son was born.

• Members

Ha!  I found several articles on Rabbi Brant Rosen's stance.  He is all over the Internet.  When I read about J-Street, that told me all I needed to know about this Rabbi.  Many Jews would consider him a self-hating Jew.  No wonder you like him, Covenanter.  :)  He isn't a Charedi Jew, he is as liberal as they come.  I wouldn't even call him a Reform Jew.  He is one of those Jews who sides with the "Pals" and is proud of it.  I have come across these types on Facebook.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-brant-rosen/alan-dershowitz-and-the-p_b_572645.html

• Members

Language, folks. Disagree, but cut the language.

Are you addressing me, Salyan?  What language?  The Lord Jesus Christ took my foul mouth from me before I was saved. Please show me where I am in err?

Rabbi Arthur Waskow is another liberal Jew.  I found several articles on him.  I don't put any faith in anything this man has to say.  He is the Jewish equivalent of being ecumenical.  Sounds like Rome to me.  Below is another one from the Huffington Post. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-arthur-waskow/

• Members

Wow! That's sad then. I was thinking foul as in cursing.

The truth stings people when it should and that's what's happened when truth is posted on here and why only a FEW people get upset at Dr. Ach's postings because the Holy Spirit is trying to convict them but instead of them heeding to the spirit they attack people who know the truth and are willing to defend it!

• Moderators

Excuse me, I don't recall defining it. James, I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth. 

Calling people 'hypocritical bigots' unless absolutely founded is rude language and unnecessary. I heartily disagree with Covenanter's stance on the Palestinians, and I dislike this article as much as any. However, it is the only pro-Palestinian article that has ever been posted on OB, and has a right to be discussed (and disagreed with!). It certainly doesn't show a pattern of anti-Israel rhetoric on this board. Personally (feel free to correct me, C), I feel that Covenanter's position on Israel/Palestinians is a result of his theology and does not reflect a general attitude of anti-Judaism. It is for this reason that I defend him against accusations of racism. Perhaps your energies would be better spent in showing him from Scripture why the church has not replaced Israel.  If enough countering Scriptural arguments are given in any controversial thread, anyone coming to this board will get the sense of the prominent view among IFBs and be properly instructed.

The Bible tells us to 'speak the truth in love'. What has been happening lately has been a good deal of truth mixed with some lies and much general unkindness, harsh words and unChristlike attitudes towards the brothers and sisters in the faith. It is not right to only speak the truth if we do not do so in love - just like it doesn't do any good to 'love' without speaking truth. 

If it ever seems like the mods are getting upset at certain people, I'd suggest taking a look back at recent postings and seeing whether those folks are displaying a pattern of disregarding moderator instructions. This board does have an authority structure, and anyone who is unwilling to submit to it is disruptive to the board, no matter how good their theology. 

• Members

While I agree that Covenanter's views on the Jews is a result of his theology, many on this board have tried to explain through scripture on why he is wrong in his thinking.  It has been pointed out so many times, that I want to say, Ad Naseum.  I posted a wonderful, factual video, this morning on the Jew/"Palestinian" conflict.  Covenanter conveniently passed looking it over.  I posted another article months ago, and Covenanter never responded to that, either.  Could it be that he doesn't want to know the truth?

"And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:  3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." ~ Genesis 12:2-3    

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:  they shall prosper that love thee.  7 Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces." ~ Psalm 122:6-7

• Members

Selective prophecies ! They did receive the land, & defiled it as Scripture records.

How about Gen. 12:3 or Micah 2:1-7 or Hosea 6:6 quoted by the Lord in Mat. 9:13 Mark 12:9 ????

Have the commandments been repealed in Israel, so that stealing is now OK?  Have the rulers of Israel now recognised their Messiah, & are they beginning to implement Isa. 11:9-10 ? Is the Gospel now closed to the Gentiles? Has the middle wall of partition been re-erected? Eph. 2:13-22  The continuing practise of injustice will not endear them them to the LORD, nor is it evidence of the LORD's favour.

And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Genesis 1:3

Covenanter, I was saved back on May 11, 1986 but have sinned a good many times since then. You have too. God Almighty made a covenant with his people Israel as a BLESSING to all of us; Jew and Gentile alike, and He has not forsaken them. Remember the 'six day war'? I believe God did that too.....and I read something in my KJB about the mighty King of Glory, the Lord of hosts, the Lord Jesus wiping out all those who come to destroy Israel. God is not finished with them. The land of Israel, as defined in the Word of God, still belongs to them 'forever', I believe the Bible says.

Archived