• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

We Refuse To Be Enemies - 1500 Fruit Trees Destroyed

Covenanter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I would like to know what 'peaceful resistance to occupation' means exactly. The use of the term 'occupation' tells me that this organization did not recognize the Israeli government's authority over their own land. Peaceful rebellion against the government is still rebellion. I'm thinking there's another side to this story... 

• Members

I would like to know what 'peaceful resistance to occupation' means exactly. The use of the term 'occupation' tells me that this organization did not recognize the Israeli government's authority over their own land. Peaceful rebellion against the government is still rebellion. I'm thinking there's another side to this story... 

Always three sides to any story - his side, her side, and the truth.

And no two of those three are the same........... ;)

• Administrators

And how can common ground be found when one looks upon the governing group as occupying?  It cannot be, unless one or the other cedes to the opposition (just as in America right now....there is no common ground between BO and a large number of Americans who see him as destroying the country - not meant to derail the thread, just used as an illustration of what I meant).  This article was, IMO, biased toward Tent of Nations because there was no rebuttal given, nor any statement even that Israel was asked and didn't respond.  At first blush, it seems poor thinking to raze 1500 fruit trees.  But, as salyan said, we don't get the whole story here.

Dave, when it's my side, it's always the truth.   :nuts:

• Members

Didn't the Lord give the land of Israel to Abraham and his seed?(the jews)

Genesis 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

It looks to me like they have the right to clear out a few more trees to occupy all of what He promised them.

• Members

Genesis 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

It looks to me like they have the right to clear out a few more trees to occupy all of what He promised them.

Selective prophecies ! They did receive the land, & defiled it as Scripture records.

How about Gen. 12:3 or Micah 2:1-7 or Hosea 6:6 quoted by the Lord in Mat. 9:13 Mark 12:9 ????

Have the commandments been repealed in Israel, so that stealing is now OK?  Have the rulers of Israel now recognised their Messiah, & are they beginning to implement Isa. 11:9-10 ? Is the Gospel now closed to the Gentiles? Has the middle wall of partition been re-erected? Eph. 2:13-22  The continuing practise of injustice will not endear them them to the LORD, nor is it evidence of the LORD's favour.

• Members

Here is a Rabbi's blog -

I am heartbroken to report that the Israeli military has destroyed between 1,500 and 2,000 fruit trees at the Tent of Nations – the Nassar family farm located south of Bethlehem.

• Members

The use of the term 'occupation' tells me that this organization did not recognize the Israeli government's authority over their own land.... I'm thinking there's another side to this story... 

Such as the reason the IDF was interested in it to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Deuteronomy 20:19 forbids destroying fruit trees as an act of war. 

• Members

Still gotta wonder what the truth of the story actually is.
You present only one side of the story - and that side is clearly biased against Israel if you check their own website.

• Members

:thumbdown:Covenanter. Your anti-Israel postings are shameful. Fruit trees? Really??! You'll find ANYTHING to try and sway us against Israel.

If the Rabbi's blog is an accurate representation of the facts, is he being "anti-Israel" ?  And if the Nasser's are Christians,should we, as fellow Christians be supporting them against persecution.

Here's another anti-Israel Rabbi:

Rabbi Arthur Waskow

“When you besiege a town for many days, waging war against it, to seize it, you are not to bring ruin on its trees, by swinging-away an ax against them, for from them you eat; them you are not to cut down — for are the trees of the field human beings, able to come against you in a siege?” (Deut 20:19, transl by Everett Fox, The Five Books of Moses; (Schocken, 1998).

Torah could hardly be clearer, or more in the great tradition of menshlichkeit that is the best fruit of the Jewish people. Was it for cutting down that fruit and these verses that generations worked so hard to create a “Jewish” state?

• Members

The Israeli government is secular, why would a Rabbi or anyone else expect them to base their decisions upon Scripture?

What nation hasn't, or doesn't today, do things we don't like, that doesn't agree with Scripture, that we don't understand, that is done with hidden motives, or may even be outright sinful?

With all the prOBlems in our own countries we should be contending with, the matter of fruit trees over there seems like a very local issue for the people there to work out; not us.

• Members

Seems like 1500 fruit trees would make a great place to hide when in full bloom. Something like that on or near a boarder has smuggling written all over it. Just an opinion.

• Members

And how can common ground be found when one looks upon the governing group as occupying?  It cannot be, unless one or the other cedes to the opposition (just as in America right now....there is no common ground between BO and a large number of Americans who see him as destroying the country - not meant to derail the thread, just used as an illustration of what I meant).  This article was, IMO, biased toward Tent of Nations because there was no rebuttal given, nor any statement even that Israel was asked and didn't respond.  At first blush, it seems poor thinking to raze 1500 fruit trees.  But, as salyan said, we don't get the whole story here.

Dave, when it's my side, it's always the truth.   :nuts:

With posts like this (which have been NUMEROUS as even noted by several others noting "anti-Israel threads" on this thread) which has zero theological/doctrinal significance, you wonder why I keep refering to Covenanter as a RACIST??

Archived