• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"'handicapped' Is Outdated And Offensive"

282Mikado

• Members

New York has sooooooo many fiscal and social issues, yet this is what the state legislature deems important:

NY bill would remove "handicapped accessible" from signs

[sarcasm] I would think that if the term is offensive, the special parking spaces and entrances would even be more so. What a slap in the face to these people to imply that they are not "mOBile" enough to get around just like everyone else.[end sarcasm]

This is a case of the asylum being run by the inmates!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Continually changing descriptive terms is the liberals answer to everything but does nothing productive. Basing rulings and laws upon emotionalism and perceived "feelings" makes some people feel good, makes some feel as if they are doing something, when the truth is they have done nothing of substance at all.

• Members

Amazing how the liberal push for "equality", "color blindness" and what not always leads to further separation among peoples and feeds divisions and antagonisms. Of course those who pay attention know this is for political purposes of power.

• Members

Right, it's not an accident that these things happen.  It's of Satan for many of the participants are blind to what is actually happening; the bubble around their head protecting them from reality.

• Moderators

My f-i-l spent 20 yrs in a wheel chair and with a useless left arm following a sever stroke. He said that it's STUPID to say he was physically challenged -- he said "No, I'm a cripple!". Did it damage his "self-esteem"? What a hoot!!

While tending his above ground garden (built in 4'X4' frames 18" of the ground) he ran one wheel off the patio throwing him onto the same. 4 hours passed before he was able to gain assistance (a neighbor saw and called my wife). When my wife was treating the abrasions (he was in his late 70's at the time) and asked if he was okay he responded, you can't hurt a Marine by throwing him on concrete.

I know a preacher who says, "Visually challenged implies needing glasses, I'm as BLIND AS A BAT!!".

I don't have a "speech impediment" for it doesn't hinder me from articulation, I have a "speech defect" because it doesn't come out tonally proper (it is DEFECTIVE!) and is an impediment to the hearer (or makes them listen more carefully, which is a positive  :D).

These people need to get a grip on reality and quit trying to airbrush life!!!!!!!

• Members

What a waste of time. The term "handicapped" has been socially acceptable for as long as I can remember. I remember having a discussion recently with some liberals. I made the mistake of saying, "wow, that's pretty lame" and they jumped on me. Said I was being "insensitive to disabled people". Apparently saying something is lame is the same as saying that a crippled person is awful, or something ridiculous like that. Some other terms I've been told are no longer "PC". Beside each word, or phrase, I listed the reason liberals claim these words are offensive, and people should no longer use them:

Homosexual(ity) (homophOBic)

Retarded (ableism)

Gypped (racism)

Crippled (ableism)

Nuts (ableism/mental health shaming)

Crazy (ableism/mental health shaming)

Mental (ableism/mental health shaming)

Black (racism)

Eskimo (racism)

Indian (unless the person is from India) (racism)

Ghetto (racism)

Insane (ableism/mental health shaming)

Stupid (ableism/mental health shaming)

Sped (ableism)

Chick (sexism)

Psycho (mental health shaming)

Idiot (albeism)

Spaz (epilepsy shaming)

"Are you blind/deaf?!" (ableism)

"Hey, you guys?" (gender bias/sexism)

"oh, man!" (gender bias/sexism)

Mankind (gender bias/sexism)

Chairman (gender bias/sexism)

Amputee (ableism)

Queer (homophOBic, although the sodomite community uses it regularly to describe themselves as a means of "reclaiming the word")

Queen (homophOBic)

It's ridiculous, and most of the people who claim these words are offensive aren't even affected by them, because they are straight, able bodied, white folk.

Archived