• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Sodomy: A Choice Or Natural?

• Members

you will notice in this verse the word sodomite is a small letter which shows it as a Action verb and not a noun. Deut 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

Is that celar enough for you all to understand that this is an act that violates nature.  Not just the natural use but goes totally against it?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Again, Sorry girls! 

If any of you are not mature enough my suggestion is to not get involved here.  As the explanations were put in place because some were trying to make this something other than what it was and thereby revealing what it truly is was necessary and it was done as conservative as possible. 

• Members

Considering AV has told us how intelligent he is surely he knows that saying someone is "intimate" with another is a euphemism for that which we don't need to be going into detail about here. Which begs the question of why he felt the need to be so graphic and then carry on after he knew such wasn't necessary or welcome here.

• Members

Avbiblebeliever,

Forgive me, but I believe that it is you that is playing semantic games.  I used the term "intimate" because I did not see the need to be graphically descriptive.  The fact is, God's word does not limit the description of a sodomite to the actions that you described, although they are included.  

intimacy and sodomy or the practice of it are two very different things.  There is one verse with the word sodomite and it is not a title is a verb, either you understand it or you don't.  But God does not leave us without the understanding if you study it out.

You guys all shout me down because the word sodomy is not found in the scriptures but at the same time you fail to see that the word intimate is also not found in the scriptures.  God does not use the word intimacy or intimate when speaking of sexual relations he uses the word, and you will have to follow it through with its different uses of Knew, Known, Know.  i.e. Gen 3:7; 4:1,17; 9:24 and God also uses these words "Lie and Lieth Carnally".

So the next time you all start getting all semantic on me just judge the words you use first.

When subject like this are brought out it is a go figure that you best have some maturity about yourselves or don't get involved in the subject at hand.  Because it was OBvious by your use of the word you were misrepresenting what sodomy was.

• Administrators

No, it's not usage of the term sodomite to which I OBjected - and an honest person will admit that. AVBB, it is a decided lack of maturity to attack as immature those who expect decency from Christian adults. Noone was supportng homsexuality and everyone knows what it is. If you feel so fired up about getting into details then, as I said, take it to the men's forum. Remember that anyone - member or not, adult or not, guest or just browser, can access this forum.

Judge you? How silly. There was no judging (talk about sensitive). Simply statement of fact: dont be graphic. Easy enough for anyone to understand.

Stop means stop. And mature people understand.

• Members

As far as I am concerned it is the detail of description for something that we do indeed all understand.
It is unnecessary, it is foul, and it should have no place coming from a Christian.

And this is a family friendly forum where there is no restriction on children reading.

I don't think anyone here disagrees with your definition, but that kind of description is neither necessary nor edifying.

• Members

the OP although he realized that a sodomite is a Biblical word and somewhat belittled God's word as if the term is derogatroy but it is God's choice not ours.  By the context of the verse the act of it was confined to males.  So to say that sodomy in the "bible to describe same sex relations" when in fact that word only describes action between two males in Duet is in fact more his opinion than the word of God.

The word was never used referring the woman with woman which is also a as you called it "same sex relation". Paul spoke of it and said they changed the natural use for that which was against nature.  But today things are as perverse as they ever were and possibly as they were even before the flood.

While I agree with the OP conclusion that any sinful lifestyle can be overcome by the cross of Christ.

It is OBvious that God word calls it unnatural.   And ALL sin is a choice to say that both the camps are partially true is error to God's word.  The first one is accurate and truthful not a partial truth as the OP states.  to say that it is a choice and unnatural and then qualify it as being partially true or in the case of all half truths or partial truths a FULL lie, is to go against God plain word.

It is a sinful choice to be a sodomite and it is unnatural.  It is unnatural For men to be with men and women to be with women and it is a sinful choice to do such.  God's word is true.  But sodomy itself and to be one who practices it (a sodomite) should never be confused with two people showing love towards one another as the gay sympathizers within the body of Christ would have us believe it is a far more grievous sin and an abomination a front to God and his Holy Word.

We need be careful about using terms like "sodomic relations" because you are making it out to be a woman on woman thing but Gods word is clear as seen by their actions in Sodom "all the men of the city" in Genesis and the term used by God in Duet only confine it to men.  Woman at the time of Paul most likely did have "sodomic relationships" in the sense of Duet and Genesis lead us to understand. (though today anything goes and only proves God's word has advanced revelation that will cover all times). 

The four times the word "sodomites" it in all context is speaking of men who were known as this by the practice in which they participated not that they were from Sodom.  The one time the word sodomite it to is speaking of the action not the region.  and it is about men with men not women with women.  So a deeper study would be helpful but know this.  Sodomy is not just relations between to members of the same sex to say it is is to lessen God's word which is truth.

Archived