• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Will Your Church Do When The Gay Movement Knocks...

• Members

At the moment there is no law saying a church must grant membership to any particular person. There are also no current laws that force a pastor to marry anyone.

Our churches by-laws are clear with regards to the biblical requirements for membership and the discretion of the pastor to determine if those conditions are met. Similar is set forth regarding matters of marriage.

If there comes a time when laws are enacted that would force such, our church and pastor has already determined to stand in accord with Scripture, even if that means losing State sanction to "legally" marry folks. The same is true regarding the issue of weddings held at the church.

Having already established our position in these areas on the grounds of Scripture, we don't worry about what will come to pass for we are prepared. Will the government do more to us than was done to Paul? If God's grace was sufficient for Paul in all things and he was able to be content in all things, surely we can face what the future holds.

• Members

At the moment there is no law saying a church must grant membership to any particular person. There are also no current laws that force a pastor to marry anyone.

Our churches by-laws are clear with regards to the biblical requirements for membership and the discretion of the pastor to determine if those conditions are met. Similar is set forth regarding matters of marriage.

If there comes a time when laws are enacted that would force such, our church and pastor has already determined to stand in accord with Scripture, even if that means losing State sanction to "legally" marry folks. The same is true regarding the issue of weddings held at the church.

Having already established our position in these areas on the grounds of Scripture, we don't worry about what will come to pass for we are prepared. Will the government do more to us than was done to Paul? If God's grace was sufficient for Paul in all things and he was able to be content in all things, surely we can face what the future holds.

This is good that your pastor and group members, all ready have spoken about this.

• Members

Same here and just in case...just yesterday...I added to my personal statement of faith and doctrines.

Marriage

Marriage is a special relationship God ordained between one man and one woman. Marriage was given of God for propagation of the human race. God made marriage to reflect the relationship of mankind with God; the very special relationship between Jesus Christ and the church. Any deviation from this ordinance is an attack on God’s authority and willful disOBedience to his word. Deviation is a direct assault on the Christian faith. (Gen 2.22-24; Pro. 5.18-19; Matt. 19.4-6; Mark 10.6-9; Eph. 5.22-33)

Homosexuality, Bisexuality, and Transsexuality

Homosexual, Bisexual, and Transsexual behavior is sin with no difference between this and other forms of sin (pride, drunkenness, lying, murder, slander, hate, etc.). It is a sin of the lust of the flesh. Continued practice of homosexual lusts will result in a reprOBate mind and blindness toward the Gospel. Persons who take pleasure in those who practice this sin are guilty of the sin too. (Lev. 18.22; Lev. 20.13; Deut. 22.5; Mal. 3.15; Rom. 1.24-32; 1 Cor. 6.9-10; 1 Tim. 1.8-10)

• Members

...and such is one of the dangers of being a 501c3 compliant church...

Did you realize that a church DOES NOT have to register as 501c3 to be tax exempt? Churches are already given tax exempt status...it's written right there in the tax laws.

What 501c3 does grant a church is for the government to be able to control them...when that time comes...and it's coming.

Okay...I'm ready for the lambasting.   :hide:

• Members

At its doors, in the very near future. When they start damanding membership and to be married? Will the faithful churches close it's doors. Some of us will live to see this. Lord help us...

No, they will not demand membership at our local church.  The preaching alone of the Word of God will have them squirming in their seat and they shall not return.  They will go down the street to the rock-n-roll churches where they will feel at home.

Only a saved person is a candidate for Believer's Baptism into our local church's membership roll.  Since an unrepentant sodomite cannot be saved, they are not a candidate for Believer's Baptism and therefore ineligible to join to a local New Testament Church.  

• Members

No, they will not demand membership at our local church.  The preaching alone of the Word of God will have them squirming in their seat and they shall not return.  They will go down the street to the rock-n-roll churches where they will feel at home.

Only a saved person is a candidate for Believer's Baptism into our local church's membership roll.  Since an unrepentant sodomite cannot be saved, they are not a candidate for Believer's Baptism and therefore ineligible to join to a local New Testament Church.  

The Laws of this Land, will over ride the faith or the Church.

• Members

The Laws of this Land, will over ride the faith or the Church.

I'm telling you they won't want to be part of our church.  They'll seek to destroy it though but the gates of hell shall not prevail against it as long as the members are faithful to God's Word.  When we're raptured, they can have the property, we'll all be in heaven then!

• Members

I'm telling you they won't want to be part of our church. They'll seek to destroy it though but the gates of hell shall not prevail against it as long as the members are faithful to God's Word. When we're raptured, they can have the property, we'll all be in heaven then!

Rature, count me in. I believe there will be one.

• Moderators

...and such is one of the dangers of being a 501c3 compliant church...

Did you realize that a church DOES NOT have to register as 501c3 to be tax exempt? Churches are already given tax exempt status...it's written right there in the tax laws.

What 501c3 does grant a church is for the government to be able to control them...when that time comes...and it's coming.

Okay...I'm ready for the lambasting.   :hide:

508c1a. Tax exception for churches. Its automatic.

• Moderators

I suspect faithful IFB churches won't see too many homosexual activists seeking membership, because there's no earthly benefits for them in that-if they are seeking membership, that just gives an open door for the gospel, once we explain that membership comes with salvation, and salvation comes by grace through faith which includes a realization of, and seeking forgiveness for, sins.

Now I DO see them trying to push churches and pastors into doing weddings, and this is where the line will need to be drawn. Its a good question for us to seriously consider it in advance, because we aren't ignorant of the works of Satan. As said above, NOT being a 501c3 corporation will be a big help-they can still try to force the issue, but we have at least NOT given the government place willingly like that. But as we know, we have a basically lawless government, and I can see them using emminent domain to force churches to do their will-you don't OBey OUR laws and accept what we say you will accept, we will no longer recognize you under the consitution as a true religion, (because of course, we know ALL religions are tolerant of everything), and we will take your property and run you out. So, in the other thread on house churches, some of you out there may have little choice but to become a house church if you will continue to stand for the Lord. 

• Members

I suspect faithful IFB churches won't see too many homosexual activists seeking membership, because there's no earthly benefits for them in that-if they are seeking membership, that just gives an open door for the gospel, once we explain that membership comes with salvation, and salvation comes by grace through faith which includes a realization of, and seeking forgiveness for, sins.

Now I DO see them trying to push churches and pastors into doing weddings, and this is where the line will need to be drawn. Its a good question for us to seriously consider it in advance, because we aren't ignorant of the works of Satan. As said above, NOT being a 501c3 corporation will be a big help-they can still try to force the issue, but we have at least NOT given the government place willingly like that. But as we know, we have a basically lawless government, and I can see them using emminent domain to force churches to do their will-you don't OBey OUR laws and accept what we say you will accept, we will no longer recognize you under the consitution as a true religion, (because of course, we know ALL religions are tolerant of everything), and we will take your property and run you out. So, in the other thread on house churches, some of you out there may have little choice but to become a house church if you will continue to stand for the Lord.

Security will be a must in the near future. "Prepare"

Archived