• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christians That Are Paid Serve Christ Better....

• Members

If you find a church that is maintained very well, you will find that the workers are getting paid to do it. Christians don't volunteer any more like they use too. Many say they will come and never show up. If you're having this prOBlem, just take or use the tithing money. It OK, God know how busy the modern Christians are.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the same in our church, volunteers do the work.  It is usually the SAME volunteers, but we do not pay to get the church cleaned, the yard mowed,

the musicians are not paid, and neither are the singers or music director.

• Moderators

If you find a church that is maintained very well, you will find that the workers are getting paid to do it. Christians don't volunteer any more like they use too. Many say they will come and never show up. If you're having this prOBlem, just take or use the tithing money. It OK, God know how busy the modern Christians are.

This is not true. In our church, the janitors are paid, but maintenance/upkeep is voluntary.

Truth be told, TGL, I'm getting rather fed up with your negative comments. Can you ever present a positive view of the church and pastors? 

• Members

Why don't you come on down to the Treasure Coast this Sunday and visit my New Testament Church TGL?  We'll show you how its done!

• Moderators

TGL,

Since I am new to the IFB community, I was wondering if you could tell me how you came up with your list in you post: "Start an Independent baptist Church."  It looks to be very detailed and seems to follow a sort of formula.  As someone new, I was hoping you could explain that to me.

Joseph, you may want to take TGL with a grain of salt. His comments usually reflect a rather dysfunctional view of the church and the pastoral ministry. I would definitely not take them as indicative of how IFB churches should or do function.

• Members

This is not true. In our church, the janitors are paid, but maintenance/upkeep is voluntary.

Truth be told, TGL, I'm getting rather fed up with your negative comments. Can you ever present a positive view of the church and pastors?

You can try avoiding me, like I avoid you.

• Members

Christians that are paid serve Christ better ?? for 15 years I was a youth pastor never taking any pay for serving the Lord leading many lost teens to trust in Jesus as their savior and training them to become disciples to go out into the world  to share the gospel I was replaced by a young person that was payed to entertain the youth and within a year our church lost most of it's youth to other churches with better entertainment.

Today I work in the Evangelist ministry training disciples and don't get payed and would refuse pay if it was offered I was called by God to serve Him for His Glory and not that of myself.

To serve= giving freely of one's self from the heart. 

Archived