• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Reply To A Lancaster Supporter

RSS Robot

• Members
May 15, 2014 (David Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061, 866-295-4143, fbns@wayoflife.org

zz_west-coast-exhalted_00002
Recently I received the following from a supporter of Lancaster Baptist Church who justifies of their use of contemporary worship music:

“I have been reading some of your stuff online about Lancaster Baptist Church and West Coast Baptist College. In particular, the music, I don’t understand where you’re basing all this information on. I would appreciate it if you would respond. How do you know that the music is contemporary and that Paul Chappell is leading people the wrong way. Have you ever been to one of the services?

“I think that you are making a big issue out of nothing. Who said contemporary worship songs are wrong? A lot of the songs that are in the old time hymn book were written by methodist, catholics etc.

“How about we start worrying about souls being saved? I was at the easter musical and hundreds of visitors came and scores of people got saved, but you don’t care because they sing contemporary songs in a non-contemporary way.

“I am not claiming to know everything about the Bible, but I do know a few things. You are going to be accountable for the bad things that you have said against the Man of God. No matter if you agree with him or not, it is not right for you to criticize a man that has spent his life trying to reach people for the cause of Christ. Yes, you may not agree on a few things that he does, but you will be held accountable unto God for the things you say about Pastor Chappell and Lancaster Baptist Church.  

“Sir I'm not fussing at you. I just want you to realize the harm and hurt you are doing. On some issues you are correct. I'm not confronting you about your opinion. I'm just solely confronting you on your method of spreading your opinion.

“If you have a prOBlem with another Man of God, go confront Him. Don't cowardly spread it over the internet. Just as you are going to be held accountable for your actions, so is Paul Chappell and every other pastor” (e-mail from a supporter of Paul Chappell and a justifier of his use of contemporary worship music).

REPLY FROM BROTHER CLOUD

When your e-mail arrived, I was in the midst of a three-week trip, traveling about 25,000 miles from S. Asia to various places in the States from the West Coast to the East, and back to S. Asia, preaching and teaching nearly 20 times, and visiting some of my kids and grandkids. I am always deluged with mail at the best of times, but I want to try to help you by answering your questions, even if my answer is a bit delayed.

View the full article

• Moderators

The comment from the person at Lancaster is a classic New Evangelical response to music challenges. Sad. But Br. Cloud chooses to make his response all about him and defending himself, instead of taking the opportunity to explain the fallacy of such an evangelical approach. Argh!

• Members

Brother when one responds to you about CCM  and if you wish to pass it on to me I will respond, I was part of the leadership of a praise team for four and a half years and know all the dangers and deceptions of CCM the music which I call repenting music because if you're a born again christian you'er gonna be on you knees repenting being involved with it.

I've been working on my testimony which has become a book of how CCM overcame a small baptist church and destroyed it from within. it is my hearts desire to share this with others to know the dangers of the CCM deception creeping into the doors of the churches today.

Thank you for doing the same my friend'

God bless     

• Members

Brother when one responds to you about CCM  and if you wish to pass it on to me I will respond, I was part of the leadership of a praise team for four and a half years and know all the dangers and deceptions of CCM the music which I call repenting music because if you're a born again christian you'er gonna be on you knees repenting being involved with it.

I've been working on my testimony which has become a book of how CCM overcame a small baptist church and destroyed it from within. it is my hearts desire to share this with others to know the dangers of the CCM deception creeping into the doors of the churches today.

Thank you for doing the same my friend'

God bless     

I have been a member of two IFB churches in my life.  Neither church has ever been involved in CCM.  I have listened to CCM in the past (on radio) b/c it is all we get in my area.   Anyway, I was convicted of listening to it on OB.  I am in the process of adding to my Gospel music collection.  Lots of great Gospel music out there.  

I can see where Salyan is going with this, though.    

went to spiritual leadership conference last year at Lancaster, it was really well done. Don't stand by everything they've ever done but, no hate towards Lancaster from me.

I agree, brother!

• Members

For those that are not closely affiliated with West Coast Baptist College and Golden State Baptist College, both have just fired their music directors.  Dr. Mike Zachary of WCBC, and Brad Boruff of GSBC have both lost their jOBs.  Our church has students at both, and it is still unknown who their replacements will be and if that will be any kind of change in music standards. 

• Members

I have been a member of two IFB churches in my life.  Neither church has ever been involved in CCM.  I have listened to CCM in the past (on radio) b/c it is all we get in my area.   Anyway, I was convicted of listening to it on OB.  I am in the process of adding to my Gospel music collection.  Lots of great Gospel music out there.  

I can see where Salyan is going with this, though.    

I agree, brother!

God bless sister for many today are being taken captive by the many deceptions concerning this music and all that follows, keep pressing forward Sister

• Members

For those that are not closely affiliated with West Coast Baptist College and Golden State Baptist College, both have just fired their music directors.  Dr. Mike Zachary of WCBC, and Brad Boruff of GSBC have both lost their jOBs.  Our church has students at both, and it is still unknown who their replacements will be and if that will be any kind of change in music standards. 

I have heard of WCBC but I am not familiar with GSBC, Brother Garry.  What is the story in regards to music with each college?

God bless sister for many today are being taken captive by the many deceptions concerning this music and all that follows, keep pressing forward Sister

Thanks so much, brother:)  CCM has been bothering me for several years.  It had been grating on my nerves.  I knew why, too.  I prayed about it, and I believe that God, through OB, convicted me of listening to it.  I am going to talk to my hubby about getting satellite in my Jeep.  Satellite will be nice b/c we have been traveling so much these days.  When I drive, I listen to the more conservative radio station, however when CCM comes on I turn it off and sing to myself or pray.  

• Members

Golden State Baptist College is in Santa Clara, CA and headed by Dr. Jack Trieber and North Valley Baptist Church. If you want a sample of their music standard, that is easy, just go to their online radio station KNVBC.com.  

Bro. Garry

• Members

Basically, an effeminate musician was hired by NVBC/GSBC , and he put out a hymnal, that included maybe 100 Southern Gospel Songs. "Songs and Hymns of Revival", none of which have ever been connected to any revival. Bro. Garry tried to defend him, and took me to task over it. Now, it has been exposed that he has been "recruiting" from among the queer and effeminate musicians that showed up to the 3 IFB Bible Colleges that he has been busy ruining the music at. Boruff was fired, we are to assume, over the cover-up of his son's victimization. CCM Those chickens will come home to roost. Anishinaabe

Archived