• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Demonic Possession/ Attachment/ Oppression

Miss Daisy

• Members
In the past 2 days I've talked with 2 neighbors who live within my apartment community, not in my actual building thankfully. 

The first neighbor, the lady went to church with me a few times, then her boyfriend wanted her to attend Pentecostal church with her and she's still attending but he's not. Their apartment is covered with religious stuff, Jesus pics, tons of angels, etc. I don't think either is saved, but think they are. (?) She told me that since a guest of hers brought someone else with her to her home that things haven't been same since in the apt. Non-violent boyfriend verbally threatened to bash her head in with a footstool.
Angel figurines (multiple) have fallen off shelves and landed uprightly, she picked up and put back on shelves walked away heard a noise, turned around the angels were back on floor uprightly.
Example 2: different neighbor lady claims to be a born again Christian in between multiple tall beers, excessively loud rock music and every other word a cussword, worse curser I’ve ever heard, occasionally peppered with GD’s.  She tells me that while living in apt. where someone she knew or was related to died in that apartment (before she moved in), her clocks in separate rooms would go off every night at midnight. No alarms were set on either. She bought different alarm clocks and same thing would happen every night. She moved to a different apartment and same prOBlem with different clocks! 
Same lady also tells me her sister is demon possessed she thinks.  When her and her sister were young, her sister went into the woods with friends and “played” with Ouija board on an Indian burial ground and her sister has never been the same since. She gave me multiple examples of occurrences with her sister throughout their life that sound very demonic to me.

Second lady I couldn’t get far with her because company came to her house.  But she is VERY ANGRY at God for last 2 years because her boyfriend of 10 years died of heart attack in bed next to her and everyone blamed his death on her. I offered her a Bible but that’s when that story came out. The only reason I was in her apt. was the boy across the hall has gone to church at my invite and I was looking for him and she heard me knocking on his door and heard me and he was in her place.

NOW, what do I do? Talked with my pastor and he’s not really sure what to do either and says he’s never dealt with demonic possession or attachment. ( I say attachment because I’ve read that demons will attach themselves to certain OBjects and whoever owns them have similar, eerie experiences once it’s in their home. )

• Members

Sounds to me like these people are OBsessed with the occult and preoccupied with it. The mind is powerful enough to imagine almost anything you overwhelm it with. I have known folks in the past that want to believe supernatural phenomenon so badly that they actually exaggerate and even lie to garner support.

• Moderators

The best things you can do for such folks is to pray for them, and seek to give them the gospel. To try to deal with much else would prOBably be fruitless, because until they are saved, or at least convicted, its doubtful they are willing to get rid of their devils. Most (unsaved) people who hold to some sort of possession see it more as hauntings, and ghosts, not really devils. So  they are more likely to seek out someone to exercise them. But remember, even if the Lord casts them out, if they aren't saved, the devils will just return with more, finding their former abode swept, garnished and empty.  

If they don't want to be saved, don't want to consider the possibility, there's not much else you can do for them.

• Moderators

The best things you can do for such folks is to pray for them, and seek to give them the gospel. To try to deal with much else would prOBably be fruitless, because until they are saved, or at least convicted, its doubtful they are willing to get rid of their devils. Most (unsaved) people who hold to some sort of possession see it more as hauntings, and ghosts, not really devils. So  they are more likely to seek out someone to exercise them. But remember, even if the Lord casts them out, if they aren't saved, the devils will just return with more, finding their former abode swept, garnished and empty.  

If they don't want to be saved, don't want to consider the possibility, there's not much else you can do for them.

:goodpost:

• Members

:nuts:

• Moderators

That's painting with a broad brush. Maybe they just don't have anything to add to Uke's excellent advice. There's not a lot to do in the case of unbelievers except seek to see them saved - and perhaps pray for God's grace and preservation of their life until they can receive the Gospel.

• Members

All my encounters with demons have been when they attacked me through another person ("host").

It all started on the evening of Nov. 16, 2010, and it was through a very "close relative".  I don't look at

people the same any longer since that horrific incident... but, I'm no longer "afraid" of such things either.

I really question these "ghost stories" and such.  However, IMO, there are a LOT of people that are either

fully posessed or, in the case of Christians, have a demon or demons somehow "attached" to them.

I guess I'm sort of a "magnet" for these evil spirits now - apparently, they don't like me very much. :)

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh  2 Cor 5:16a

• Members

I can see from this thread with so few responses that a lot of you either aren't aware of the constant spiritual warfare going on all around us or just don't believe it. 

Miss Daisy,

When I refer to devils, I am referring to what is commonly called demons...I call them devils, because that's what the Bible calls them...but I'm not opposed to calling them demons. Anyway, I am fully persuaded that spiritual warfare, devils, and such are real. If it's in the Bible...and it is...I believe it. I've only had one instance when I was sure that the person I was dealing with was either devil-possessed or controlled. However, my story pales in comparison to what you have described.

A good friend of mine confided a terrifying account of someone that he personally dealt with; therefore, I'm not at liberty to share it.

Devils didn't just disappear or stop their opposition to God when the Bible was completed, but most people only consider that a belief of the past since modern psychology has become so prevalent...including Christians. Then there are those who do believe in what is called "the paranormal", but they credit such events to ghosts.

I think that with the indoctrination of modern-day psychology, and the wide acceptance of "paranormal activity", people...even Christians...are somewhat reluctant, ashamed, or embarrassed to enter a conversation concerning devils...but that's just my view...I could be wrong.

Stay strong sister!

• Members

Mike and NN made good points.

Prayer is a key weapon in dealing with such matters. There is little we can do outside the spiritual realm, where the real battle is. They need to hear the Gospel, they need to know that Jesus can save them (their soul as well as from what's happening).

I've known people who have encountered the Enemy through playing with a ouija board. A few of them turned to the Lord for deliverance but the others either just stayed away from the ouija board and hoped the "bad stuff" would stop or a few of them seemed to take secret pleasure in their situation.

We have the example of how Jesus dealt with such matters, some Apostles in Acts dealing with such, and we have a few direct references to spiritual warfare in the Epistles. The answer to our dealing with such matters is there.

• Moderators

I just posted this as a private conversation that I am having with another member

I believe, wholeheartedly, that spiritual warfare exists and have experienced it myself in the past, but I have also been witness to many false claims of warfare by people that were either unstable, or attention seekers.

I would suggest that you speak with your pastor about it.  Perhaps he could visit these people with you and lead them in prayer.  I feel it is a good idea not to do it alone for safety reasons. 

I believe that Ukulelemike meant "exorcise," not "exercise."

Of course I did. Though actually it was a rare spelling error and not a fat finger. I admit.Maybe my fat fingers need to be exercised?

Archived