• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How To Be A True Christian Online....

• Members

These are those that are still are trying to add works for Salvation or just mad at life in general. I don't need to mention names.

time to start practicing your dictation for saying  "anathema" ? :smug:

• Members

I'm not going to fall out with my son, who was baptised in the RCC before marriage to a Polish girl. We didn't go to their baby's baptism, in Poland. They live near us & we often look after baby Michael - who is a delightful little chap (15 months) - who enjoys me singing Gospel songs & choruses. Jason was never baptised as a believer - & I don't think he accepts Catholicism - but it is a loving marriage.

Nor with his older brother, married to the daughter of an Anglican priest who became Canon of the Gibraltar Diocese - Spain. Her parents divorced when she was 7, & she did not see her father again for 25 years - at a funeral. The reported conversation went:
"Who are you?"
"I'm your daughter."
End of conversation. What no loving embrace? No, "sorry about what happened, we must get together now I've retired & am living near you."
My son then introduced himself as future son-in-law.
They haven't seen father since, even though they told him about their baby girl, now 18 months, & lovely. He hasn't bothered with the two older children either - we've accepted as grandchildren.
Why do I think that man of religion is not a man of God?
Jon looked him up on the web, & there is no reference to his first daughter - only to a "failed marriage."

Our concern is to support them in every way we can.

I would have gone to the baptism.

• Members

You sinned by not going to the baptism. I would have gone to it. Now they will never listen to you. The Word of God, will come to them through others. You need to learn how Gods loved, and came to all the sinners.

Unless you can cite a Scriptural reason for your condemnation, you are out of line. Perhaps your break was too short?

• Members

You sinned by not going to the baptism. I would have gone to it. Now they will never listen to you. The Word of God, will come to them through others. You need to learn how Gods loved, and came to all the sinners.

It was in Poland. We went to our son's baptism in the local RC church, & to the wedding in Poland. There is even a wedding photo of me standing on the platform in front of a picture of the late Polish pope, & reading the Bible in English.

• Members

It was in Poland. We went to our son's baptism in the local RC church, & to the wedding in Poland. There is even a wedding photo of me standing on the platform in front of a picture of the late Polish pope, & reading the Bible in English.

For what it is worth, I do not think that you need to justify yourself to others.

• Moderators

For what it is worth, I do not think that you need to justify yourself to others.

I agree, we will always do what we want too. No need to participate in anything.

Now THAT was funny -- I really think you'll find that it was in reference to not needing to justify his motives to you.

• Members

You read the Bible to the Pope John Paul?  If so, what did he think of that?

Archived