• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How To Be A True Christian Online....

• Members

Makes me wonder sometimes,how many undercover ones are here. Non Christians, people that knows the bible. The devil or Satan, knows the bible very well.

Without naming names, what sort of posts make you wonder about particular people? Even yourself? My faith has been questioned because of my position on eschatology, "calvinism" & my use of modern hymns (not CCM style.) It's normally because of prejudice from a strong & established counter position, rather than what I actually post.

• Members

Without naming names, what sort of posts make you wonder about particular people? Even yourself? My faith has been questioned because of my position on eschatology, "calvinism" & my use of modern hymns (not CCM style.) It's normally because of prejudice from a strong & established counter position, rather than what I actually post.

I was convicted when I read this, Covenanter.  When we spoke privately, I said I never questioned your faith and called you brother.  I apologized for calling you a heretic, and told you that I picked this up from some of the men that were throwing it around on the forum.  I hope we are okay with that.  :)  

• Members

I was convicted when I read this, Covenanter.  When we spoke privately, I said I never questioned your faith and called you brother.  I apologized for calling you a heretic, and told you that I picked this up from some of the men that were throwing it around on the forum.  I hope we are okay with that.   :)

I forgive you.

• Members

we may defer about some things brother but I love you with the love of Jesus our savior

• Members

Thanks folk - we are brothers & sisters in Christ - I have stayed for fellowship & discussion. It is important to understand where the position held by other believers is potentially dangerous, where it is the result of a Bible college emphasis or the teaching of our Pastors since conversion.

Posted testimonies show the genuineness of posters we may otherwise disagree with. And we don't have to agree with everything David Cloud writes. Secondary separation is a disruptive doctrine. (You're friends with .... who is a friend of .... who believes .... So you can't be a friend of mine.) No - you're a friend of Jesus - we're in the family of God. [[[[Hugs]]]] We'll fully agree in glory.

• Members

I'm not going to fall out with my son, who was baptised in the RCC before marriage to a Polish girl. We didn't go to their baby's baptism, in Poland. They live near us & we often look after baby Michael - who is a delightful little chap (15 months) - who enjoys me singing Gospel songs & choruses. Jason was never baptised as a believer - & I don't think he accepts Catholicism - but it is a loving marriage.

Nor with his older brother, married to the daughter of an Anglican priest who became Canon of the Gibraltar Diocese - Spain. Her parents divorced when she was 7, & she did not see her father again for 25 years - at a funeral. The reported conversation went:

"Who are you?"

"I'm your daughter."

End of conversation. What no loving embrace? No, "sorry about what happened, we must get together now I've retired & am living near you."

My son then introduced himself as future son-in-law.

They haven't seen father since, even though they told him about their baby girl, now 18 months, & lovely. He hasn't bothered with the two older children either - we've accepted as grandchildren.

Why do I think that man of religion is not a man of God?

Jon looked him up on the web, & there is no reference to his first daughter - only to a "failed marriage."

Our concern is to support them in every way we can.

• Members

Ah, TGL is definitely back. LOL

Hehehe, HC.  Yep, he is.  ;)

I don't think about these kind of people because they need Jesus and all I can do is pray for them be kind and show them love.  

As John stated in another thread (along with Covenanter - above) "we are brothers and sisters in Christ."  I agree.  However, we have differences in eschatology, which leads to other avenues.  ;)  I really appreciate your prayers and showing love and kindness of Jesus our Saviour, EK.  We so desperately need that.

• Members

Thanks folk - we are brothers & sisters in Christ - I have stayed for fellowship & discussion. It is important to understand where the position held by other believers is potentially dangerous, where it is the result of a Bible college emphasis or the teaching of our Pastors since conversion.

Posted testimonies show the genuineness of posters we may otherwise disagree with. And we don't have to agree with everything David Cloud writes. Secondary separation is a disruptive doctrine. (You're friends with .... who is a friend of .... who believes .... So you can't be a friend of mine.) No - you're a friend of Jesus - we're in the family of God. [[[[Hugs]]]] We'll fully agree in glory.

You're welcome Covenanter.  (((Hugs))) brother:)  Amen.  Our testimonies are so important.  As I stated in another thread, I will post mine in the future, although many OB members know some of it from my posts.

I'm not going to fall out with my son, who was baptised in the RCC before marriage to a Polish girl. We didn't go to their baby's baptism, in Poland. They live near us & we often look after baby Michael - who is a delightful little chap (15 months) - who enjoys me singing Gospel songs & choruses. Jason was never baptised as a believer - & I don't think he accepts Catholicism - but it is a loving marriage.

Nor with his older brother, married to the daughter of an Anglican priest who became Canon of the Gibraltar Diocese - Spain. Her parents divorced when she was 7, & she did not see her father again for 25 years - at a funeral. The reported conversation went:

"Who are you?"

"I'm your daughter."

End of conversation. What no loving embrace? No, "sorry about what happened, we must get together now I've retired & am living near you."

My son then introduced himself as future son-in-law.

They haven't seen father since, even though they told him about their baby girl, now 18 months, & lovely. He hasn't bothered with the two older children either - we've accepted as grandchildren.

Why do I think that man of religion is not a man of God?

Jon looked him up on the web, & there is no reference to his first daughter - only to a "failed marriage."

Our concern is to support them in every way we can.

One of my husband's brothers is married to a Roman Catholic woman.  Her grandmother, who is the matriarch of the family, is devout RC.  While his wife, her family and friends are not devout Roman Catholics, they still hold allegiance to the RCC.  Anyway, their toddler was baptized in the RC.  My husband and I went to the Baptism along with other members of his family, including my in-laws.  It was interesting to see almost a dunking of the baby in the baptismal.  They are doing that in the RCC, at least in my neck of the woods.  We also gave the baby (now toddler) a baby dedication card.  I also picked out a baby dedication plaque along with a KJV Bible with his name printed on it.  My BIL and SIL work crazy hours.  The family bonds together and watches their little boy.  We also bring him to church, when we can.  He says, "Praise the Lord" and prays before his meals.  It is so adorable. 

As a former RC it is so difficult to witness to the precious people of the RCC, many of whom are fallout Catholics.  I support and love them while giving them the gospel of Jesus Christ.  That is what Jesus expects us to do, along with much prayer of course.

• Members

Glory.... Someone calling for me... :)

• Moderators

These are those that are still are trying to add works for Salvation or just mad at life in general. I don't need to mention names.

I've never added works FOR salvation --- but after I got saved the Lord has added many works TO my salvation (Eph 2:10) 

Archived