• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why Do So Many Baptists...

• Members

despise the KJV? On another forum I lurk at, some Baptists were discussing whether or not a person can be convicted about what translation they should use. Most people said "no". That God speaks to us through any translation, and that translation discussions do nothing but divide Christians. One member said that the KJV is "outdated" and "pointless" in today's society. That the NIV is far superior, because it reads easier. Another member said that the KJV is "full of errors" and "should not be read until the Christian has matured in their Bible understanding". These were all, supposedly, Baptists saying these things :(

• Members

1. Consider Satan.

2. Look to the Doctrinal Statement of most Bible Colleges and you will begin to see your answer. I went to Liberty University because they were recently discussed here, but most are similar:

We affirm that the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, though written by men, was supernaturally inspired by God so that all its words are the written true revelation of God; it is therefore inerrant in the originals and authoritative in all matters. It is to be understood by all through the illumination of the Holy Spirit, its meaning determined by the historical, grammatical, and literary use of the author’s language, comparing Scripture with Scripture.

inerrant in the originals opens up the floodgates to whatever Satan wants to introduce.

As an aside, has anyone living today ever seen the originals? I submit that Moses didn't even have the original "10 commandments" after he came off the mount that first time. Also, the originals of Jeremiah 36 didn't last very long...

Just sayin'.

It's a pity that so many so-called "Bible colleges" sell out our God's ability to preserve His word, even after God has promised to do so. (Psalms 12:6-7)

• Members

The Holy Ghost convicted me on what bible to use.  First, I ignorantly ignored the leading and went with a suggestion from a librarian but three years later as I grew in grace I was able to notice and take heed and then became King James Only.

I believe Brother John81 was also led of God to His Word and not one of the many perversions out there.

Those "Baptists" display their gross ignorance on the subject with those comments you reported.  They're in desperate need of some proper discipling.

• Members

That's right Swath, as clear as day the Holy Ghost directed me to use the KJB only and as soon as I did the Word was opened to me like never before. I also found that Scripture memorization became almost easy.

One thing I've noticed about many of those who denounce the KJB, they've never actually attempted to use a KJB. Most simply parrot the false sayings of others. Those who do claim to have read a KJB, when pressed, usually admit they just looked at a couple passages or read a tiny amount and gave up.

The fact that so many of these "any Bible will do" crowd really mean "any MV will do, but absolutely not the KJB" seems to indicate a coordinated effort against the KJB and thus satanic influence. Why, out of the literally scores of English versions out there today do these people only attack one, and that always being the KJB? I do believe this is Satan led and the ignorance (in it's true meaning) of so many Christians on this issue makes it easy for the old devil.

The dropping of the KJB and switching to one of the many weak MVs is one of the main reasons so many Baptist churches have gone astray. It's far easier to support or at least make an argument for aspects of feminism, homosexuality and many other points using an MV than it is with a KJB which is very clear on these things.

• Members

That's right Swath, as clear as day the Holy Ghost directed me to use the KJB only and as soon as I did the Word was opened to me like never before. I also found that Scripture memorization became almost easy.

One thing I've noticed about many of those who denounce the KJB, they've never actually attempted to use a KJB. Most simply parrot the false sayings of others. Those who do claim to have read a KJB, when pressed, usually admit they just looked at a couple passages or read a tiny amount and gave up.

:amen:  :amen:  :amen:

That's right John, I barely knew about doctrine until the KJV.  

• Members

line up the differences between the KJB and modern versions... someone is right and someone is wrong. Therefore people will get upset. I mostly here it from "baptist Calvinists" who are vicious of anything that comes against the Elected standard version. Unfortunately I wasn't predestined to understand its "superiority".

• Members

If someone doesn't want to put the time into learning the balancing aspect of riding a bicycle, they might say that is is easier to balance on a bicycle with wide, square boxes instead of wheels;

why you gotta hate on tricycles ...

:knuppel:

• Members

despise the KJV? On another forum I lurk at, some Baptists were discussing whether or not a person can be convicted about what translation they should use. Most people said "no". That God speaks to us through any translation, and that translation discussions do nothing but divide Christians. One member said that the KJV is "outdated" and "pointless" in today's society. That the NIV is far superior, because it reads easier. Another member said that the KJV is "full of errors" and "should not be read until the Christian has matured in their Bible understanding". These were all, supposedly, Baptists saying these things :(

I see this all the time with many Baptists on Facebook, JHM.  I try to post the errors in the NIV and explain the validity of the KJV, but it always falls on deaf ears.  It is the same argument every time.  The KJV is too hard to understand, I am handicapped and can't read it, and the list goes on...

• Members

Tell them people would they rather learn from God's Word that came out of the church at Antioch; the same church that sent out Paul on his missionary journeys or learn from the Egyptians who didn't believe that Jesus was God and the Christ?

An Antioch Bible or an Egyptian Bible?  There's an emoticon for this...

:th_wellduh:

• Members

Tell them people would they rather learn from God's Word that came out of the church at Antioch; the same church that sent out Paul on his missionary journeys or learn from the Egyptians who didn't believe that Jesus was God and the Christ?

An Antioch Bible or an Egyptian Bible?  There's an emoticon for this...

:th_wellduh:

Great idea, swath.  I never thought of that one.

Archived