• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Glenn Beck Invokes Joseph Smith, Mormon Beliefs During Liberty University Speech

RSS Robot

• Members

Well, Barton is the first I've actually seen proof of...and if he said he was a Baptist, I'm thinking he lied to you (something he has done before)...he was a youth pastor at his parents' charismatic church...

Um, I think I did say that Beck wasn't a Christian...if you read my post carefully...

Just out of curiosity and interest, could you find and cite who claimed he was a Christian? Thanks. (it's not that I'm doubting...it's just that all too often we tend to claim that nebulous groups of people say this or that without having sources...)

Point 2:  Not about you or your post at all.  I was just adding to my earlier to add clarity.  Sorry for any confusion.

Point 3:  Here's 3 links from a quick search:

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/mwest/110906

http://apprising.org/2012/11/23/word-faith-pastor-rOBert-morris-calls-mormon-glenn-beck-a-believer/

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/wordpress/i-am-beckoning-by-glenn-beck.html

Point 1:  Well, his bio page has changed and the internet is fraught with attacks against him making it hard to do research.  I have seen such in print either on a book on my shelf or his website and from the memory of our personal conversation.

I am thankful for the work he's done with regards to telling America's real history and not that rewritten by the victors, the Godless Statists who rule today.    

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Point 2:  Not about you or your post at all.  I was just adding to my earlier to add clarity.  Sorry for any confusion.  Ok - thanks for clarifying.  I wondered because I thought we were on the same page.  LOL

Point 3:  Here's 3 links from a quick search:  Thanks for the links - will look them over.

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/mwest/110906

http://apprising.org/2012/11/23/word-faith-pastor-rOBert-morris-calls-mormon-glenn-beck-a-believer/

http://www.thepropheticyears.com/wordpress/i-am-beckoning-by-glenn-beck.html

Point 1:  Well, his bio page has changed and the internet is fraught with attacks against him making it hard to do research.  I have seen such in print either on a book on my shelf or his website and from the memory of our personal conversation. Yeah, that's what I found (that it was hard to find anything).  The info that I did find points to the fact that he's evangelical (I know anyone can be), with a charismatic background. Nothing about Baptists, so I have to wonder, especially in light of his Beck comments, if he's not just being all things to all people....

I am thankful for the work he's done with regards to telling America's real history and not that rewritten by the victors, the Godless Statists who rule today.    I do appreciate the work he's done, but, sadly, he's been called out for falsifying some stuff, too.  More than once, so where there's smoke...KWIM?  I have bought some of his books, but with him, as with most, it's "trust, but verify".  :biggrin: 

• Administrators

What about Frank and Billy Graham? Didn't they go Mormon for Romney?

They didn't go Mormon, but did remove reference to it as a cult from the website (billy's).  Basically embracing it as mainstream and acceptable - thus blurring the lines on what Christianity is yet again...

• Moderators

If Beck was a true born-again believer, in time the Spirit of God should cause him to be very discontent and uncomfortable listening to the teachings of the Mormons, and its doubtful he would have said that following any 'god' as long as they don't teach violence is an okay 'god'.

Beck. I suspect, is whatever he believes its necessary to be, to gain followers. At one time mormons were at least honest enough to declare themselves to be very different than other Christians-now like the new evangelicals, they want to hide and pretend to be mainstream Christians.

• Moderators

Another issue of course, that must be considered when talking about the Mormons, is their close connection to the Freemasons. Joseph Smith was a mason, for a short time, and the mormon temple worship was designed very closely to it. In fact, until fairly recently when a lot of information came out about that connection and it was changed, the initiation into the LDS temple was virtually identical to the initiation into the Masons, complete with aprons, handshakes and blood oaths surrounding exposing the rites. The Mormon temples are replete with Masonic symbology.

09f.jpg  tnauvoo3.jpgHow about those "Eastern Star" pentagrams?

In 1990 they changed a lot of things when they got into the public forum, though the temple imagery is a bit difficult to change.

• Administrators

MissDaisy, he became Mormon because his daughters went to a Mormon stake and felt comfortable there.  The family visited and he felt comfortable and so the rest is history.

He didn't talk religion then. He began a bit before he left Fox (more on the radio), and then really began to focus on it after he left tv.

Mike, Mormons also wear the underwear that is patterned after Masonic underwear (for protection). A good Mormon never took it completely off. Don't know about now, but when I was growing up it was that way.

• Members

Mike, Mormons also wear the underwear that is patterned after Masonic underwear (for protection). A good Mormon never took it completely off. Don't know about now, but when I was growing up it was that way.

:mock:  Phew!  

• Members

MissDaisy, he became Mormon because his daughters went to a Mormon stake and felt comfortable there.  The family visited and he felt comfortable and so the rest is history.

He didn't talk religion then. He began a bit before he left Fox (more on the radio), and then really began to focus on it after he left tv.

Beck is also a recovered alcoholic.  He finds solace in the Mormon "church."

Archived