• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Revival.......why No Revival In America? Why More And More Takeover By The Ungodly?

• Members

What's going on?  We see some souls saved here, some saved there, that's wonderful!....but why nothing near like what happened in the Walsh Revival or the Great Awakening?   When is the last time a community was turned upside down because of the increase of holiness pushing out ungodliness from it's positions of control?   When have the bars been shut down and the jails emptied due to people getting right with God and having more influence in their community than the devil has?  I attend a great soul-winning church almost overflowing with brothers and sisters who love the Lord and serve Him wholeheartedly, with a great pastor and many wonderful testimonies of believers who have been saved or got right with God in spite of the strongholds of sin's pleasures........but the bars remain unchanged any more than can be blamed on the stagnant economy, the jail has a continuing stream of local law breakers perpetually justifying the need to have a large police force, drug abuse and sexual deviancies becoming more and more acceptable and less and less shamed by the general populace.......

I have heard of some towns experiencing revival proven by the great number of people saved causing positive and unignorable changes in a community, but the reports are few and far between and I wonder if the fire of revival died down there as it seems to have died down  throughout the whole country.

We are in danger of government sponsored and protected persecution against the body of Christ.   If we don't make some changes, and the Lord does not call us out of here soon, persecution of Christians similar to what happened under Hitler and what is happening under communist and muslim governments around the world is sure to fall on the church in America........or whatever the name of the USA may be in the future.

• Members

2 Timothy 3:1-7 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disOBedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth

2 Timothy 4:3-5 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

That pretty much covers it.

• Members

Without the power of the Holy Spirit, not much can be accomplished.  Following WWII, there was tremendous prosperity in the U.S.

in the Middle-Class and they soon abandoned "walking in the Spirit". Instead, they sought to satisfy their own desires with posessions.

The Baby-Boomers fell victim to the dissolution of "family life" as moms across America went to work to "keep up with the Joneses".

The damage done since WWII is irreversable IMO.  BTW, I absolutely reject misapplying verses that are clearly directed at Israel - like

1 Chronicles 7:14.

You have 3 "states" of man:

Unsaved

Carnal (centered on flesly desires)

Spiritual (centered on the H.S.)

Unfortunately, the vast majority of church-goers fall into the second category.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;
but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit  
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Rom 8:1,5,6
Edited by beameup

• Members

Without the power of the Holy Spirit, not much can be accomplished.  Following WWII, there was tremendous prosperity in the U.S.

in the Middle-Class and they soon abandoned "walking in the Spirit". Instead, they sought to satisfy their own desires with posessions.

The Baby-Boomers fell victim to the dissolution of "family life" as moms across America went to work to "keep up with the Joneses".

The damage done since WWII is irreversable IMO.  BTW, I absolutely reject misapplying verses that are clearly directed at Israel - like

1 Chronicles 7:14.

You have 3 "states" of man:

Unsaved

Carnal (centered on flesly desires)

Spiritual (centered on the H.S.)

Unfortunately, the vast majority of church-goers fall into the second category.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;
but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit  
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Rom 8:1,5,6

This is so sad. -  " BTW, I absolutely reject misapplying verses that are clearly directed at Israel - like

1 Chronicles 7:14."

Christians are not really God's people?

It does apply. We are his people, and we are called by his name - Christians!

[bTW - It is 2 Chronicles 7:14!! Wow! Misquoted by 2 Christians!! Wee!] But I am sure you weren't walking in the flesh?

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members
In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

This is so sad. -  " BTW, I absolutely reject misapplying verses that are clearly directed at Israel - like

1 Chronicles 7:14."

Christians are not really God's people?

It does apply. We are his people, and we are called by his name - Christians!

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face,
and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chron 7:14

I will go and return to my place, untill they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

Hosea 5:15

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications:
and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son,
and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.  Zech 12:9-10

These promises, and much more, are for the Nation of Israel and will be fulfilled at the end of the Great Tribulation when

Jesus returns to HIS people (kinsmen) to set up his glOBal Kingdom headquartered in Jerusalem.

If you need to read about the church, the Body of Christ, read Paul's Epistles.

Edited by beameup

• Members

:11backtotopic:

I read a little Spurgeon this morning (from his New Park Street Chapel Sermons) and thought what I read applied here:

"There is no attribute of God more comforting to his children than the doctrine of divine sovereignty. Under the most adverse circumstances, in the most severe troubles, they believe that sovereignty has ordained their afflictions, that sovereignty overrules them, and that sovereignty will sanctify them all. There is nothing for which the children of God should more earnestly contend than the dominion of their Master over all creation—the Kingship of God over all the works of his own hands—the throne of God, and his right to sit upon that throne. On the other hand, there is no doctrine more hated by unbelievers, no truth which they have kicked about so much, as the great, stupendous, but yet most certain doctrine of the sovereignty of the infinite Jehovah. Men will allow God to be everywhere except on his throne. They will allow him to be in his workshop to fashion worlds and to make stars. They will allow him to be in his treasury to dispense his alms and bestow his bounties. They will allow him to sustain the earth and bear up its pillars, or light the lamps of heaven, or rule the waves of the ever-moving ocean; but when God ascends his throne, his creatures then gnash their teeth; and when we proclaim an enthroned God, and his right to do as he wills with his own, to dispose of his creatures as he thinks well, without consulting them in the matter, then it is that we are ridiculed, and then it is that men turn a deaf ear to us, for God on his throne is not the God they love. They love him anywhere better than they do when he sits with his sceptre in his hand and his crown upon his head.

For meditation: Do you have to think twice before addressing Jesus as Lord? Judas Iscariot could never bring himself to do it—the other disciples could say “Lord” (Matthew 26:22); Judas could only say “Rabbi/Master/Teacher” (Matthew 26:25, 49)."

• Members

Americans don't think they need God.  They have everything they need and need not God to get it.  Or so they think.  They believe in God and see churches all across America.  They see Benny Hinn and Tammy Faye and Oprah and Jimmy and Billy and say we're a Christian nation.  They have over 200 bible translations, rock music turned into christian music and concerts at their community churches, they don't need God.  The megachurch will see hundreds walk up at the end and pray a prayer and go on living like the devil, they don't need God.  The people will watch Benny or Billy from their television set and send in their money for blessings, healings and more money, they don't need God either.  So what if their kids go to government school, dress like the world and get tattoos?  They're christian tattoos, they go to church and church rock concerts and don't do drugs, why do they need God?

The United States as a whole has turned her back on the Lord and the Founders, who with God's blessings established this once great nation.  Today's corrupt and evil, self-serving government is a reflection of the people and their will.  Even the staunchest conservative republican politician (if you accept any as genuinely born-again) is a wimp for the cause of Christ.  

Will this nation return to her former glory?  Nope, the scriptures say so.  But that doesn't mean we quit contending for the faith and winning the lost, indeed we must work even harder for the hour is late and the return of our Risen Savior is nearer than ever!   

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Judgment must first begin at the house of God.  

​Yes, but the right kind of judgement.  There is a lot of judgement going on at the house of God, too bad it is judging those that are without, then those that are within.  If a pastor wants a lot of "amens" in his sermons, all he had to do is preach against sodomy, adultery, fornication, drunkenness,etc and don't forget Hollywood...you know, the kind of sins that mostly go on outside the church.  If he were to pick a topic such as Christians sending kids to public school and how it is sin, he wouldn't be hearing "amens" but most likely "get out"!