• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Witchcraft questions help!

RayJr

If only one could find Jesus as appealing when He stands with our Salvation in open arms just waiting for us to recieve it. Many people should be on their knees crying out to Almighty God in repentence, but blinded by their own pride so they don't.

Yes...So true, Truthseeking. The enemy has them blinded, though, to the truth...as all of us once were. That is why "The Great Commission" is so important. We need to get out the Gospel for Jesus Christ as children of God.

BTW, my pastor says...we don't give God the credit where it is due, either...sometimes. We are prideful (as human beings) and we want to take the credit when we pray for a person's salvation, and the Lord saves them...when God was the one that did the saving. :Green You know?

• Members

Which is exactly the draw for many people...getting power and riches, getting people who "dis" you outta the way...

Satan sure knows how to appeal to humankind!!

yep, like this article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,434123,00.html

(the person who paid for it may be innocent, but just pointing out the idea that a priestess would do things like this for people is horrible)

• Members

I have found some answers Ray. Hopefully this helps....

What is witchcraft?

Webster defined is

1 a : the use of sorcery or magic

b : communication with the devil or with a familiar

2 : an irresistible influence or fascination

1 syn MAGIC 1, bewitchment, conjuring, enchantment, incantation, necromancy, sorcery, thaumaturgy, witchery, wizardry

2 syn CHARM 3, allure, appeal, charisma, fascination, glamour, magnetism, witchery

The Bible also relates witchcraft to drug use and rebellion

The word witchcraft is related to the word ....

pharmakeia - medication ("pharmacy"), that is, (by extension) magic (literal or figurative): - sorcery, witchcraft.

Just a little something. Looking for more stuff......

[quote="Truthseeking"]I have found some answers Ray. Hopefully this helps....

What is witchcraft?

Webster defined is

1 a : the use of sorcery or magic

b : communication with the devil or with a familiar

2 : an irresistible influence or fascination

1 syn MAGIC 1, bewitchment, conjuring, enchantment, incantation, necromancy, sorcery, thaumaturgy, witchery, wizardry

2 syn CHARM 3, allure, appeal, charisma, fascination, glamour, magnetism, witchery

The Bible also relates witchcraft to drug use and rebellion

The word witchcraft is related to the word ....

pharmakeia - medication ("pharmacy"), that is, (by extension) magic (literal or figurative): - sorcery, witchcraft.

Just a little something. Looking for more stuff......[/quote]

:goodpost: :amen: Truthseeking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok this is strange, but I'm gonna state they are strange, ok heres the story, she has been speaking to my wife, we have got there kids going to church with us there oldest son got saved, ok so at least we are making headway right, this ladies husband had an affair with this other woman several years ago, he thinks she has put a curse on him, and I guess some bad things have happened to him lately, (My wife has been speaking to her about salvation, states she is, but can't get a real straight answer from her), anyhow the guy is one of those that just won't talk with you, and she has been in more religions than I even realized there was(exageration), so he is telling her that they are cursed, and there kids will be cursed for the next generation. If you can make heads or tells out of that yourbetter than I am cause I feel like I'm rambling.

WOW! This ex-girlfiend has gotten psychological control over this entire family! The only way they can break this psychological "spell" is to turn their lives completely over to God and the love of his Son, Jesus Christ! I would ask a preacher from your church to come to visit this family, pray for them and pray for God's protection over them and their household. They sound very superstitious, so just for good measure it would be nice if the preacher could annoint them all with oil and annoint the doorposts and windows as a visible sign of the Lord's protection on them. Keeping a cross in every room will serve as a reminder that God's Love is greater than Satan's Evil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

For some to cast a spell on a saved person the Lord has to allow it. God is in control and He has already won the war. Jesus Christ won the victory over sin and death when He died was buried and rose again on the third day. They are covered by the blood they are the redeemed.
If the person is lost that they are casting the spell on he has no protection in this life or in the next. I would share salvation with them through the Scriptures.

• Members

Actually, Ray, that isn't that strange!! People all over the world believe that bad things happen because people are cursed. We in this country don't see a lot of it because of the way our country was founded. But!!! Witchcraft and its compatriots are making their way into the warp and woof of our country, so we will all be seeing more and more of it, unfortunately!!! TV and books are spreading it quickly!!

That said - there is one shocking thing that you could say to her. You could tell her she's right - that he is under a curse. The curse of sin...be sure you have the verses that use those words and you could really witness to her using her own terminology!! And it might just resonate with him enough to be able to speak with him![/quote]

Great advice!
If I may add anything to the simplicity of the Gospel, I would, but hence God has done it all. It's sounds as if they've heard the Gospel, but not the curse of sin.
Watch and Pray about approaching them with any more doom and gloom, though. By telling your wife, the wife of the adulterer is reaching for help. Be a BIG HELP, cook special food for them, especially manly foods that the wife can give to her husband (boiled peanuts, a half cup of salt per pound plus hotsauce to taste) also sausages, repair things for them that they haven't had time to get to. You don't have to invite them into your home (I would be wary) but invite them into your life. Go on outings with their children, especially church outings. If you make things, make them something.Be a BLESSING, Get a BURDEN! Blessings are the opposite of curses. FILL THE GAP.

Did I mention PEANUTS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok this is strange, but I'm gonna state they are strange, ok heres the story, she has been speaking to my wife, we have got there kids going to church with us there oldest son got saved, ok so at least we are making headway right, this ladies husband had an affair with this other woman several years ago, he thinks she has put a curse on him, and I guess some bad things have happened to him lately, (My wife has been speaking to her about salvation, states she is, but can't get a real straight answer from her), anyhow the guy is one of those that just won't talk with you, and she has been in more religions than I even realized there was(exageration), so he is telling her that they are cursed, and there kids will be cursed for the next generation. If you can make heads or tells out of that yourbetter than I am cause I feel like I'm rambling.

This is gonna be long, sorry... and I only got half way through the postings, so maybe some of this was answered better... sorry again..........

As a basis, first off, the catholic religion will certify although be it quietly, physics,
fortune tellers, etc... so I have fun into people who think they are "saved" but also witches, due to the catholic church. That being said I continue:

Witchcraft works as well as many watered down versions of it:
A devil; a fallen angel, witness to creation and everything sense then; witness to thousands of years of mankind dabbling with occult spiritualism; Sees a modern day person do X with an X and knows what that person is trying to do, thus does what it can to make it come true.
( I will not give details on spells.. deal with the X stuff please )

Reasons for doing so: The person "casting" the spell, would be much less likely to accept Christ as a Saviour, when they feel they have a higher knowledge/ higher power, that they can be control of. Dong so for a saved person, would cause this person to champion the cause of idolatry, instead of Christ.

How they do it: John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

As a saved person, God has the authority to offer some protection, given that your body was bought at a price... but the unsaved, are at the will of Satan, and God seems to only intervene so as you can get saved. If a person is unsaved, and a fall down the stairs is not going to intervene with salvation, the devils have free reign to cause that fall.

Devils are self serving, with the priorities of keeping people from getting saved, secondary is to keep the saved from spreading the word. An unsaved person is quite able to cast a spell on another unsaved person is this fits the will of the devils, there is one around to actually witness it, and no Godly interference happens along.

If you find a spell book from 620 Germany, and try and cast a spell... if there is a devil around to witness this, even if it doesn't know what you're doing, it can quickly ask and find out what exactly you are trying to do with your ribbons and candles and such. Some devil that remembers the junk from 620 germany fills in his buddy. If it fits their plan, it will work. The "witch" doesn't really have power, and the devils have no interest in giving power nor being subject to a person, they simply find it worth their time to distract from the real truth.
They have full right to do what they want, as we see above, people are owned by and at the will of Satan until they are saved.

If you have questions, Just message me... kinda tired of typing sorry

This is gonna be long, sorry... and I only got half way through the postings, so maybe some of this was answered better... sorry again..........

As a basis, first off, the catholic religion will certify although be it quietly, physics,
fortune tellers, etc... so I have fun into people who think they are "saved" but also witches, due to the catholic church. That being said I continue:

Witchcraft works as well as many watered down versions of it:
A devil; a fallen angel, witness to creation and everything sense then; witness to thousands of years of mankind dabbling with occult spiritualism; Sees a modern day person do X with an X and knows what that person is trying to do, thus does what it can to make it come true.
( I will not give details on spells.. deal with the X stuff please )

Reasons for doing so: The person "casting" the spell, would be much less likely to accept Christ as a Saviour, when they feel they have a higher knowledge/ higher power, that they can be control of. Dong so for a saved person, would cause this person to champion the cause of idolatry, instead of Christ.

How they do it: John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

As a saved person, God has the authority to offer some protection, given that your body was bought at a price... but the unsaved, are at the will of Satan, and God seems to only intervene so as you can get saved. If a person is unsaved, and a fall down the stairs is not going to intervene with salvation, the devils have free reign to cause that fall.

Devils are self serving, with the priorities of keeping people from getting saved, secondary is to keep the saved from spreading the word. An unsaved person is quite able to cast a spell on another unsaved person is this fits the will of the devils, there is one around to actually witness it, and no Godly interference happens along.

If you find a spell book from 620 Germany, and try and cast a spell... if there is a devil around to witness this, even if it doesn't know what you're doing, it can quickly ask and find out what exactly you are trying to do with your ribbons and candles and such. Some devil that remembers the junk from 620 germany fills in his buddy. If it fits their plan, it will work. The "witch" doesn't really have power, and the devils have no interest in giving power nor being subject to a person, they simply find it worth their time to distract from the real truth.
They have full right to do what they want, as we see above, people are owned by and at the will of Satan until they are saved.

If you have questions, Just message me... kinda tired of typing sorry

Great information, qwerty guy! WOW! I didn't know all of that. That sounds very logical, and so like Satan.

Acts 26:18...To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified (set apart) by faith that is in me. The Words of Jesus Christ. KJV 1611 AV.