• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is Anyone Else Getting Confused...

candlelight

• Members

with some of the threads on here?  It seems like the same topics are talked about in other threads and it is hard to tell which thread I am replying to.  I have been spending less time on OB and it seems like the threads are blending together, so to speak.  It is hard to keep up with some of them.  Thoughts?

• Members

Perhaps Bakershalfdozen has been in clearing up threads--she's a mod isn't she? Oh hang on... ;-)

Hehehe, Al.  I think I am just overly tired today.  I think I will lie down and take a short nap with my dog.  We had to put our 10 year old dog to sleep the other day.  He scarfed down a chicken bone, from the garbage, and he was bleeding internally from his intestines.  The weather here is still dreary and rainy here, too.  We are all tired, or tired of it.  LOL  Come on, sun!  It's just been a long week.

• Members

I stay so confused that I'm usually confused as to whether I'm confused or not. Confused or not confused that is --- ummm, what was the question???

If you are NOT confused - you  haven't understood ......

• Moderators

I tend to get Salyan and OFP confused because of their avatars--na, just kidding.

:knuppel:

I guess that's okay. My mental picture of Alimantado is a yellow alley cat... :wink

• Members

What's confusing is seeing nearly every thread filled with personal attacks and other speech which is in direct violation of Scripture, all while arguing for their view on some other point of Scripture.

Scripture has many commands about our speech and many Christians here have been freely violating these commands as if it doesn't matter.

Scripture is equally clear that if we are right on every point but whatever we say or do isn't said or done in love, it's worthless.

• Members

What's confusing is seeing nearly every thread filled with personal attacks and other speech which is in direct violation of Scripture, all while arguing for their view on some other point of Scripture.

Scripture has many commands about our speech and many Christians here have been freely violating these commands as if it doesn't matter.

Scripture is equally clear that if we are right on every point but whatever we say or do isn't said or done in love, it's worthless.

Being harsh, blunt or rebuking false teachings is not a personal attack. I haven't seen too many personal attacks other than an occasional charge against someone's character in handling scripture which personal I don't care about. Just don't say anything about my mother!

I don't believe anyone in here hates anyone else. Maybe a little put off or frustrated, but no hatred. Paul turned people over to Satan for teaching heresies. How's that for love? (Not suggesting anyone in this forum should be turned over to Satan.)

You can't be thin skinned when debating the truth. 

Archived