• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers Needed

paid4

• Members

I need prayers for wisdom and guidance handling a situation within the church. There is strife and hard heartedness along with a lot of hurt. Myself and another deacon within the church will be visiting some members Thursday. Pray that we have patience and wisdom to say (or not say) what the Holy Spirit leads. pray for healing in the church as well as firmness to deal with sin. This is my call out to the elders of THE church. Please pray for us.

James 5:13-16

Thank You.

• Members

A prayerful study of Philippians in times of troubles within the church

The Philippians are urged to exhibit exemplary behavior and maintain effective ministry for the benefit of the gospel. (1:27 -2:18 )

they are summoned to display conduct consistent with ,and for the good of the gospel (1:27-30)

the exhortation to commendable conduct is expanded and illustrated (2::1-11)

the antinomians worldly life style can corrupt them (3:17-21)

Peace among the brethren is to reign in the congregation (4:2-5)

Peace in the midst of prOBlems will guard their minds from worry (4:6-9)

Peace in all circumstances will give them contentment (4:10-20)

I don't now all the prOBlems you're having ,but I do know when these things occur  "Satan is attacking'' 

I hope this scripture can encourage you and help you, and in all things do them with love. 

Will be praying

God bless 

• Members

I need prayers for wisdom and guidance handling a situation within the church. There is strife and hard heartedness along with a lot of hurt. Myself and another deacon within the church will be visiting some members Thursday. Pray that we have patience and wisdom to say (or not say) what the Holy Spirit leads. pray for healing in the church as well as firmness to deal with sin. This is my call out to the elders of THE church. Please pray for us.

Thank You.

Praying for your church, brother!

• Members

Thank You.

Been down this road. From your statement above "Myself and another deacon" I assume you are a deacon??? If so; what role is the Pastor (if one) is taking?

There should be only one visiting person doing the talking; if not the individual may feel as if they are being interrogated. Many, many variables to be considered.

Let God be your guide.

• Members

Been down this road. From your statement above "Myself and another deacon" I assume you are a deacon??? If so; what role is the Pastor (if one) is taking?

There should be only one visiting person doing the talking; if not the individual may feel as if they are being interrogated. Many, many variables to be considered.

Let God be your guide.

Yes I'm a deacon. The pastor has no knowledge of this. This is something that's laid on my heart. I do know I'm to have someone there with me, that's why I chose another deacon. The members we're going to see are very valued and hard workers within the church. There is some hard feelings toward the pastor's wife is all I know. Right now I just want to talk to the couple and listen to what they have to say.

Thanks for all the prayers and to all that have responded.

If you all can remember....Thursday between 7:00 and 8:00pm send a quick prayer concerning the matter as this is when we plan to go see them.

• Members

Huh?  What does "THE" mean?

THE church is the body of believers aka the bride of Christ instead of "the church" being my physical location where I worship. My call out for prayers is for the body of believers (THE church). Just trying to distinguish between the two.

• Members

Not the format for that argument-we know what he is talking about-he wants prayers from believers. Period.

Praying for you, brother. Been there!

You're so pleasant today.  

#1:  I'm not arguing or gonna argue.

#2:  I'm glad you know, but I didn't, hence the question.

#3:  Have a nice day.   :godisgood:

• Members

Thank You.

did the pastor ask you to visit them?

the deacons and elders are two different groups in the body of Christ for organizations.  and if either group is going against the pastor they should just leave don't cause more strife.  I don't have all the details but if the elders and deacons are not behind the pastor and vise versa get out and get out fast don't visit unless you support the pastor.

• Members

Yes I'm a deacon. The pastor has no knowledge of this. This is something that's laid on my heart. I do know I'm to have someone there with me, that's why I chose another deacon. The members we're going to see are very valued and hard workers within the church. There is some hard feelings toward the pastor's wife is all I know. Right now I just want to talk to the couple and listen to what they have to say.

Thanks for all the prayers and to all that have responded.

If you all can remember....Thursday between 7:00 and 8:00pm send a quick prayer concerning the matter as this is when we plan to go see them.

no no no you do not go unless the pastor asks you too.  You will cause division otherwise.

You should just pray for the situation and unless the pastor asks you don't visit anyone.

Archived