• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Poll Shows Most Americans Reject The Big Bang & Evolution

Dr. Roberson

• Members

There was a new poll that came out last week that showed that most Americans, by 51%, reject the big bang. Similar numbers for evolution and man made glOBal warming hold true too.

This got alot of traction and a hot debate (with plenty of name calling too) on other forums I frequent, but I've not seen it mentioned here.

I tried ot post it last week but I was having issues with the forum letting me post links to that artical. I've posted on below ( I hope) to the artical mentioned in the Huffington post. Yes the huffpo is very left wing, but it will show you how they feel about us if you read the coments below the artical.

So what's your take on this? Some Christians I know are ok with the big bang and thiestic evolution. Myself, I'm what you would call a young earth creationist. I believe in a literal reading of Genesis, and 6 24 hour days of creation. However, your mileage may very.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/21/big-bang-poll-american-doubt_n_5184931.html

Dr. ROBerson

• Members

I find this paragraph about says it all:

"When you are putting up facts against faith, facts can't argue against faith," said 2012 NOBel Prize winning biochemistry professor ROBert Lefkowitz of Duke University. "It makes sense now that science would have made no headway because faith is untestable."

Their assumption that the so-called science facts are true or proven is not wise.  If a scientist says it, it is true, that's it for them.  Don't do any further study . . . . none is needed.  The scientist said so.

Who are the fools?  Who are the wise?  I'll stick to what God says because it fits with what I see all around me . . . . it fits with the OBservable facts.  They can rely on their unproven theories and suffer the consequences of their ignorance.  It's a free country, or so the old saying goes.

There, that's the end of my rant.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

The pro-evolution crowd has had well over a century now to prove their theory and yet they have nothing. Supposed "missing links" and examples of evolution over the decades have all be proven either false or fakes. Their dating methods have been shown to be not only extremely faulty, but in some cases some of these scientists basically just pull a date or time frame out of thin air and expect everyone to believe them.

Then there is the whole prOBlem of saying that everything came from nothing. Which is harder to believe, that out of nothing came everything or that a Divine Being created all we see and know of?

All of that said, it's sad to consider that possibly close to half the population does believe in this nonsense. Also, out of the half that doesn't believe in evolution, only a small fraction of those likely actually believe in biblical creation.

It's a real shame that in some of our churches this same survey could be taken and we could end up with similar results from folks who sit in the pews every Sunday.

It wasn't long ago I heard a group of church ladies (all born again as far as I can tell) who were talking about something when somehow evolution and creation was mentioned. One of the ladies said, "who cares, does it really matter how the world came into being?" Another responded that the first was exactly right, it doesn't matter if God said the word and created everything or if he used evolution and a big bang or if God used a mix of these things. At that point all the other ladies, about ten of them, chimed in their agreement.

Unfortunately, that's not an isolated thing among Christians anymore. Some Christians just don't care, or they are tired of hearing the arguments and don't want to take the time to look into the matter themselves, and many don't grasp the rather simple fact that if the creation account in Scripture isn't true, then that means the whole of Scripture is subject to corruption and places Jesus in a corner as a liar because He referred to creation as fact.

• Members

I find this paragraph about says it all:

"When you are putting up facts against faith, facts can't argue against faith," said 2012 NOBel Prize winning biochemistry professor ROBert Lefkowitz of Duke University. "It makes sense now that science would have made no headway because faith is untestable."

And here is an evolutionist's method of testability:

"This fossil is 100 million years old"

How do you know?

"Because it was retrieved from a rock layer 100 million years old"

How do you know the layer is that old?

"Because the fossils we get from that layer are 100 million years old".

Sound circular?

The Institute for Creation Research has a great website that dispells much of modern science falsly so called. Their magazine Acts and Facts is a great read and gives detailed analysis of the supposed scientific fact the left keeps pushing, how easily it can be challenged and solid scientific evidence that supports the Biblical account of creation.

True science should consider all possible scenarios when developing support for a theory but evolutionists rarely if ever consider creation and the flood. Many of the hardest questions evolutionists face can be easily answered if they would just get over themselves and consider God and the Flood:

Hundreds of jellyfish fossils!

• Members

True science comes up with a theory and then tests to see if that theory can be proven wrong.

These false scientists come up with theories, declare them to be fact, and then attack anyone who actually uses the true scientific method and proves their theory false.

• Members

I would also consider myself a young-earth creationist. I'm always so baffled at how a professing Christian can embrace a system that must be embraced by faith and exists solely to explain existence without God....especially when it relies on incredibly bad "science" and has to throw every scientific method out the window in order to make it work...

• Members

There was a new poll that came out last week that showed that most Americans, by 51%, reject the big bang. Similar numbers for evolution and man made glOBal warming hold true too.

Frankly, I have my doubts.  Americans are too stupid.

• Members

There was a new poll that came out last week that showed that most Americans, by 51%, reject the big bang. 

So what's your take on this? Some Christians I know are ok with the big bang and thiestic evolution. Myself, I'm what you would call a young earth creationist. I believe in a literal reading of Genesis, and 6 24 hour days of creation. However, your mileage may very.

Such a number shows the success satan has had even among christians.  The number oeople who call themselves christians is far higher than 51%.

These are the end days when apostasy and heresies are the norm.  The Bible teaches a young earth creation and no other.  No bangs, no gaps, no nonsense.  Such comes from man's mind and not God's Word for he is not the author of confusion. 

Archived