• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why I Left The Pre-Trib Position

Ukulelemike

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amen! And AMEN!!

By the way, no one mentioned if Christ was gonna have 2 wives. One bride Christian, another bride Jews?

I am trying to remember the name of a learned disp who among other assertions on his Q & A site insisted that Israel is the wife of Jehovah, while the church is the bride of Christ ...

Found it -

• Members

I am trying to remember the name of a learned disp who among other assertions on his Q & A site insisted that Israel is the wife of Jehovah, while the church is the bride of Christ ...

Found it -

THE WIFE OF JEHOVAH AND THE BRIDE OF CHRIST -By Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum

If you are going to accuse someone, then maybe you should get your facts straight first.
This guy is not a dispensationalist like the guys here are promoting right now.
(And I certainly don't agree with him on everything.)

• Members

If you are going to accuse someone, then maybe you should get your facts straight first.
This guy is not a dispensationalist like the guys here are promoting right now.
(And I certainly don't agree with him on everything.)

Sorry - I got my information from his website.

From Ariel Ministries Doctrinal Statement

The Dispensations

We believe that the dispensations are stewardships by which God administers His purpose on earth through man by varying responsibilities; that they are chronologically successive; that they are not ways of salvation nor different methods of the administration of the Covenant of Grace but are a test of man's submission to God based on progressive revelation; that they are a necessary view of Scripture based on literal interpretation, a consistent distinction of Israel and the Church, and that the ultimate purpose of God is His own glorification; that they are not different ways of salvation but in every dispensation the basis of salvation was always the blood of Christ, the means of salvation was always by grace through faith, the OBject of faith was always God, but the content of faith changed in different dispensations dependent upon progressive revelation.

- See more at: http://www.ariel.org/doctrinal-statement.htm#sthash.AA98vnwl.dpuf

• Members

Sorry - I got my information from his website.

From Ariel Ministries Doctrinal Statement

Which is exactly my point - if you have bothered to pay attention to the 'dispensationalists' currently polluting this site you get a very different thing from what is spoken of in that quote.
Under the current circumstances on this site, that distinction needs to be made.

I make no comment on his wife-bride thoughts..........

• Members

In Rev 4 John sees the door and gets to look around. In Rev 5 John sees the book and the one who can open the book and unleash the wrath of God. In Rev 6, John sees all the bad things happening to mankind and even mankind says the wrath of God is come. Mike in your mind you move from chapter 4 "come up hither" to where? When the book is opened God's wrath begins, those aren't blessings from God. While John is looking around in chapter 4, and seeing the Lamb in chapter 5 how much "earth time" is passing? How did you arrive at that amount of time?

• Members

I heard years ago, while a yungin' that Pre-Trib was invented by a woman. A charismatic woman at that. Don't remember her name, but it would prOBably be recognizable if anyone had any info.

Not saying it was true, but that is the 'skinny'. Might have been in the prewrath info back in the '80's.

Anyone ever hear that?

Found it... Margaret McDonald in or about 1830.

• Members

I read the entire Doctrinal Statement of Ariel Ministries and found this under the "Salvation" and "Man: Created & Fallen" statements:

Salvation

Section One - The Means of Salvation

We believe that salvation is wholly a work of God's free grace and not the work of man in whole or in part, nor due to man's goodness or religious ceremony; that it is a gift to man received by personal faith at which time the righteousness of Christ is imputed to the sinner, thereby justifying him in God's sight; that those who are saved have been unconditionally elected to salvation in eternity past and have been effectively and irresistibly called by the Holy Spirit.

Man: Created & Fallen

We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he fell through sin and lost his spiritual life; that he is dead in his trespasses and sins and, hence, is totally depraved; that this fallen nature is transmitted to every descendent of Adam, the man Christ Jesus excepted; that man has no spark of divine life and is unchangeable apart from divine grace.

According to those statements in their Doctrinal Statement, Ariel Ministries believes and teaches a 4 point TULIP Calvinism theology. 

Total depravity (total inability)

Unconditional Election

Limited Atonement

Irresistible Grace

What type of "dispensational" teaching do they present?.  Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum did not always believe and teach TULIP Calvinism.  His writings before 2000 were very traditional pro-Israel and traditional dispensational.  I believe Ariel Ministries teaches a very confusing and mixed theology...mixing Calvinsm (TULIP) with dispensationalism...but really not defining the type of dispensationalism being taught.

• Members

I didn't want to discuss Fruchtenbaum but in response to another post here, I found his teaching on the wife of Jehovah & bride of Christ which I encountered years ago. I think you can safely add the P of TULIP to his beliefs - we all agree on that.

• Members

Genevan

I heard that there was a guy that lived several hundred years ago that taught that Revelation was past history, that there was only one kingdom, that the church replaced Israel, and that the church would "bring the kingdom in." 

I can't remember his name...

Oh yeah...

The great heretic Augustine, whose theology helped the RCC usher in the Dark Ages.

Just sayin'

I have an idea. 

If you can't substantiate something, then why continue to promote it as if it were true?  You passed on second hand information, and it appears from your statement that you never checked it to see if it was true or not....so why spread it here?

As to my comment about Augustine, it is an historical fact that can very easily be documented.

• Members

In Rev. 1, John is told he is being given visions for the encouragement of his companions in tribulation, & the assurance of their high position in Christ: kings and priests unto God and his Father; further, he is in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ as we all are: hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son (Col. 1.) How many Kingdoms are there? OBviously that kingdom relationship is spiritual, even though Jesus Christ, [who] is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Jesus is King & has all power in heaven & earth.

The vision in Rev. 4 & 5 reassures John that he & his tribulation companions are on the victory side - the Lion-Lamb HAS prevailed to be worshipped with his Father: Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. 

When we move to Rev. 6, & the book is opened, what does John expect to see? Surely the activities of the triumphant Lion-Lamb executing judgement? And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. He has gained the victory over Satan, death & hell, and is implementing that victory by the deliverance of his redeemed people & judgement of his enemies. Jesus has the crown, the white horse, & until he returns he implements his victory in time by saving sinners, translating them into his kingdom.

The opened seals reveal the plan of campaign - the judgement of his enemies to be put into action, as John sees further visions.

Back to the beginning of Rev. we see that the events must shortly come to pass; ..... for the time is at hand. If we allow Jesus to mean what he says, the events are to take place within the lifetime of John & his readers, not thousands of years away. Jesus prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem & the temple in Luke 21 - the Olivet prophecy. That is not recorded in Acts, but must take place before what Jesus repeated calls this generation passes. 

Revelation was therefore written before AD 70, & is concerned with the judgement of the Jews who rejected him, & the Apostolic Gospel. Note Ezekiel prophesies:

14:21 For thus saith the Lord God; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth, both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it. 23 And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord God.

Jesus warns the Jewish Christians of the signs before the destruction - history records that they did escape the city. Rev. 7 shows the faithful Jews sealed before the destruction - the firstfruits.

Ultimately all wicked & wickedness will be removed from the Kingdom, but in this age of grace, the wicked - tares - are allowed to live - but harvest is coming. (Rev. 14)

• Members

I read the entire Doctrinal Statement of Ariel Ministries and found this under the "Salvation" and "Man: Created & Fallen" statements:

According to those statements in their Doctrinal Statement, Ariel Ministries believes and teaches a 4 point TULIP Calvinism theology. 

Total depravity (total inability)

Unconditional Election

Limited Atonement

Irresistible Grace

What type of "dispensational" teaching do they present?.  Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum did not always believe and teach TULIP Calvinism.  His writings before 2000 were very traditional pro-Israel and traditional dispensational.  I believe Ariel Ministries teaches a very confusing and mixed theology...mixing Calvinsm (TULIP) with dispensationalism...but really not defining the type of dispensationalism being taught.

No prOBlem there, J N Darby, known as 'the father of dispensationalism' was a Calvinist.

• Members

Genevan

I heard that there was a guy that lived several hundred years ago that taught that Revelation was past history, that there was only one kingdom, that the church replaced Israel, and that the church would "bring the kingdom in." 

I can't remember his name...

Oh yeah...

The great heretic Augustine, whose theology helped the RCC usher in the Dark Ages.

Just sayin'

I have an idea. 

If you can't substantiate something, then why continue to promote it as if it were true?  You passed on second hand information, and it appears from your statement that you never checked it to see if it was true or not....so why spread it here?

As to my comment about Augustine, it is an historical fact that can very easily be documented.

Its called 'conversation', and part of my past that I was sharing.

Good grief Charlie Brown, don't get so offended, it was just a comment. :clapping: Look and see, I edited it after I found her name.

Archived