• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Advice Do You Have Or Same-Sex Couples

no name joe

• Administrators

Yes so.  One has to twist and ignore the scripture verses to be taken any other way.  

Well, you can claim that the 3 1/2 years Christ was on the earth ministering doesn't apply to us, because that is actually what you are saying.  Christ went to great efforts to explain to us what was expected of us under grace because he was about to fulfill the law.  If you choose to believe that  His teaching ended with His death, that's up to you.  But don't accuse people who accept what Christ said while on earth as being applicable to their Christian lives as twisting scripture...they aren't the ones doing so...

Besides which, if the church started with Christ and His disciples, as you believe, then His teachings are to the church...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Evil will never be good and good will never be evil.. true. But many evil men will call evil good and good evil.

Yeah. That's what I meant. I guess I didn't word it well enough. I thought people would understand what I meant instead of picking it apart. I tend to get myself in trouble that way sometimes.

• Members

Well, you can claim that the 3 1/2 years Christ was on the earth ministering doesn't apply to us, because that is actually what you are saying.  Christ went to great efforts to explain to us what was expected of us under grace because he was about to fulfill the law.  If you choose to believe that  His teaching ended with His death, that's up to you.  But don't accuse people who accept what Christ said while on earth as being applicable to their Christian lives as twisting scripture...they aren't the ones doing so...

Besides which, if the church started with Christ and His disciples, as you believe, then His teachings are to the church...

No, no and no.  Jesus simply reiterated the exemption given by Moses under the Law.  This is the plain reading and it is in accord with Paul when he gives us the doctrine later.  Jesus gave us nothing new.  Paul did, or rather, it was a restoration of the time before the law, no divorce for any reason.

Under your thinking, you make one of them wrong and that is not so.

• Administrators

No, no and no.  Jesus simply reiterated the exemption given by Moses under the Law.  "But I say unto you..." coming on the heals of what He said Moses said is not re-iteration. It is correction.  This is the plain reading haha - no, the plain reading sees where He says there is an exception that is not simply based on the hardness of man's heart, as it was under the law...and it is in accord with Paul when he gives us the doctrine later.  Jesus gave us nothing new. Jesus clarified an awful lot about what grace would expect, not just on the issue of divorce. Paul did, or rather, it was a restoration of the time before the law, no divorce for any reason.

Under your thinking, you make one of them wrong and that is not so. Nope.  Scripture is to be dovetailed, not parsed and snipped out of existence as you do with this. It isn't "under my thinking." It is what scripture states.  Clearly.  Too bad you can't see that.  Again, if, as you claim, Christ started the church, He was speaking to the church.  Can't have it both ways...

• Members

You're way off base LuAnne.  Because their hearts were hardened, the Lord allowed divorce for one reason only during the Law, for fornication.  This is what Jesus was referring to when he spoke to the Pharisees in Matthew 19, not the disciples or church.

If we accept that Jesus gave us something new, then Paul contradicts it with 1 Corinthians 7.  That's ridiculous.  I forget the verse but there's a saying that Jesus didn't tell us everything, some things he left for later, for Paul to reveal to us.  

The Holy Spirit had Paul write no divorce for any reason.  Jesus, the Holy Spirit and Paul are not going to contradict themselves so you have to be, you are, incorrect.

• Administrators

You're way off base LuAnne.  Because their hearts were hardened, the Lord allowed divorce for one reason only during the Law, for fornication. Oh, my word, but you need to read the OT. You are the one that is way off base.  There were a number of reasons, among them the man simply not being pleased with his wife.   This is what Jesus was referring to. No, it wasn't.  If it were, He wouldn't have said, "but I say unto you."  And it wasn't just divorce. It was a lot of things. Like murder...Christ changed it from the actual act under the law, to hating one's brother.  Now, try to tell us that hating one's brother was murder under the law.  T'ain't so. No matter how you try to fit it under there.  

If we accept that Jesus gave us something new, then Paul contradicts it with 1 Corinthians 7.  That's ridiculous.  I forget the verse but there's a saying that Jesus didn't tell us everything, some things he left for later, for Paul to reveal to us.  Jesus did give us something new.  He gave us grace - and He explained an awful lot of what grace was in comparison with the law.  And it does dovetail with the rest of scripture. Sorry you can't see that.

The Holy Spirit had Paul write no divorce for any reason.  Jesus, the Holy Spirit and Paul are not going to contradict themselves so you have to be, you are, incorrect.  Nope, they aren't going to contradict each other.  But they do dovetail. Quite well, in fact.

• Administrators

Wow. Now I'm a heretic because I'm standing on what God's Word says.  Mmkay.  Methinks you'd better be reading what the law actually teaches before you try correcting people and scripture.  Shame on you for calling someone who stands on scripture a heretic because they don't subscribe to your restrictions.  Manmade doctrine personified.

It's awful easy to apply the label of heretic to someone who is showing you to be wrong...

• Members

:thumbdown:

"A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;" - Titus 3:10

Think I went over.

It would be better to close your browser, and quit embarrassing us all with your evident non-knowledge on this subject.

(I think that was nicely said, even if I do say so myself.)

• Members

Wow. Now I'm a heretic because I'm standing on what God's Word says.  Mmkay.  Methinks you'd better be reading what the law actually teaches before you try correcting people and scripture.  Shame on you for calling someone who stands on scripture a heretic because they don't subscribe to your restrictions.  Manmade doctrine personified.

It's awful easy to apply the label of heretic to someone who is showing you to be wrong...

Just my opinion, and I have lots of those sometimes, but I think you just squashed him very well with your 'big book'!

• Members

So following this logic.....we can go ahead and find six various and assorted gendered roommates, then adopt children together....and buy a house together.....and then get saved but say " Well, God understands we have to all stay together because of the money, and because the kids are too used to our sin"...... Because Christ died for us but it's too much to ask to sell the house and split custody of the kids and start over....sin has consequences.

If a man and a woman are living together they can get saved and fix it by getting married. Not so same gender....it's considered abomination. I didn't write it.....God did.....

• Members

For years the Church has been telling the world to repent, and warning them of the consequences of sin which is death.

On the other hand the world has been telling the homosexual that it's O.K. to be gay; it's a natural and normal feeling.

The world has also been telling them it is an alternate life-style. the world also gave them an alternate way of creating their own family, and said lets redefine marriage, lets redefine family.

in vitro fertilization made it possible for this redefined marriage to create this redefined family.

The result: two mothers and no father.

Thank you modern science for your contribution to this "situation" without your help none of this would be possible.

This "situation" was created by the world, not by the Church; it is not our responsibility to straighten out their predicament, or solve their prOBlems. it is of their own devices, and a result of bad decision making, they made their own choices.

They made the choice to live together for 12yrs.

They made the choice to get married.

They made the choice to have 3 children, without a father.

The Church is not responsible to answer for their situation, the world is.

Go ask the world to answer your questions and see what they say.

THIS IS AN ATTACK AND A PROVOCATION AGAINST THE CHURCH!

STOP ATTACKING AND PROVOKING THE CHURCH!

This is my advice to you...

You are being used by your friends to provoke and attack the Church, whether intentionally or unintentionally. My advice to you is to cut off your friendship with them, and stop taking their side. get away from them and be separate! 

To them:  REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL!

accept ye repent ye shall all likewise perish!   

Archived