• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Advice Do You Have Or Same-Sex Couples

no name joe

• Members

We are in agreement!

Before I was saved I didn't give the evolution that much thought. I was in fifth grade before I really heard much about it and our science teacher that year really stressed it. To my young mind it basically made sense and it was fun to think about.

It wasn't until after I was saved, after I was out of high school, and I read a book dealing with the subject that I actually thought about it.

The same with homosexuality. Around this rural area there was never much talk about such or seeing any homosexuals around. All I knew was the very limited stuff I had picked up on TV and since I wasn't a homosexual it didn't mean anything to me. Again, until after I was saved, I didn't give the matter any real thought.

Abortion was another of those things. About all I knew was what little I got from TV and my basic thought was, that's their business, not others. Again, not something I had given any real thought to at all. Then after I was saved I took a real look at it.

So, were I still lost, I may have never given any of these things much thought and may still be like the ignorant and apathetic masses! Praise the Lord for salvation and opening my eyes!!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, the way science is proceeding, one of these days we may actually have to contend with the presence of children having DNA from two different people of the same gender. That is, unless God simply does not allow that to 'work.'

It still belongs in the SIN column...I don't know what further repercussions might occur in the offspring...sorrow comes to mind but, Godly sorrow only God would know. 

• Members

When my son was 2 years old (he is now 23) I took him to get his second haircut.  Somehow, I found a man who cut hair, with his partner, in a house in a nearby suburb.  Both of us went to him for years.  It turns out his dad died, when he was 12, then one of his brothers died shortly after that.  He was raised Roman Catholic until his mother re-married a younger man who was a Free-Will Baptist preacher.  This man was involved with the children's ministry for several years in his Baptist church.

When he was a young adult, he got his cosmetology license and began working for his older brother in a salon that his brother owned with a woman.  His brother was a womanizer.  This man began to go to gay clubs and partied with many homosexuals.  He met his partner in one of those clubs.  They lived together for years, and opened up a salon together.  I continued to go to the salon.  Then, he caught his partner with several other men.  That was the end of his relationship with him.  His former partner moved to FL and last I heard, he had AIDS.  I don't know if he passed on or not.  

Before I got saved (gaining head knowledge) I began to witness to him, and pray for him.  Although, I know my prayers were not heard b/c I wasn't saved, as my heart was not in alignment with my head.  Anyway, he told me that it was his lifestyle that made him a homosexual, not genetics.  He told me that God did not make him this way, it was learned.  He even voted for George W. Bush 2 times.  Anyhoo, he left the cosmetology business and began working for the airlines.  I haven't seen or heard from him since.

I do know from my college studies that homosexuality is caused by an overbearing mother and a distant father.  Not that all men, who grow up this way, will become homosexuals.  Of course not.  However, this is the primary root of the prOBlem along with life choices.

• Members

I was on another "Christian" forum and the topic was homosexuality. I mentioned that in the Bible it said how in the last days good would become evil and evil will become good. And that Christians will be persecuted for standing up for what is good and Godly. I gave some scripture verses and of course a poster said my interpretation of those verses were all twisted. They also said that God would reward the homosexuals in Heaven for all the persecution they endured on earth. It's simply amazing the stuff people come up with to justify sin.

• Members

I was on another "Christian" forum and the topic was homosexuality. I mentioned that in the Bible it said how in the last days good would become evil and evil will become good. And that Christians will be persecuted for standing up for what is good and Godly. I gave some scripture verses and of course a poster said my interpretation of those verses were all twisted. They also said that God would reward the homosexuals in Heaven for all the persecution they endured on earth. It's simply amazing the stuff people come up with to justify sin.

If they don't follow the scriptures, leave'em. Romans 1, and 1 Cor. 6 are enough in the new testament to condemn such filthiness.

Look at Sodom and the surrounding cities that GOD destroyed for such filth! YUK!

• Members

A "gay Christian" is an oxymoron....there is no such thing as a "gay" Christian.  Gay Christians don't exist. Gay is simply a euphemism (a "kinder" word) for the biblical word sodomite.

According to Scripture, sodomites will not inherit the kingdom of God:

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

IOW, there will be no sodomites in heaven!

Those who are saved and call themselves Christians are new creatures in Christ Jesus:

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Amen,that's like saying rapist christian, molester christian, etc pick your sin

• Members

What to do in this case? Easy, tell them to repent and get Saved. Find them self a husband, one man each. Then they can join and get baptized. Share the children in the raising or pay child support. Or join a modern lost church, where everything goes, and not change at all. Sell your soul and live for a short time.I would take the first choice. Would you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

the KJV does not say that good would become evil and evil will become good. :knuppel:

• Members

3) Divorce is only permitted in the event of fornication: (Matthew 19:7-9)

Divorce is not permitted at all in the church age.  The doctrine of marriage and divorce is found in 1 Corinthians 7.  Jesus' comments on the matter was in reference to the dispensation of the law which does not apply today.

• Administrators

Divorce is not permitted at all in the church age.  The doctrine of marriage and divorce is found in 1 Corinthians 7.  Jesus' comments on the matter was in reference to the dispensation of the law which does not apply today.

Not so.

Archived