• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Advice Do You Have Or Same-Sex Couples

no name joe

• Members

I find the original post to be vile, wicked, and disgusting. I have reported it to the moderators and I hope it will be deleted.

You also do not think that those who have not 'checked' the IFB box ought not be allowed to post on this site.

I believe it is a valid question.  There is nothing wrong with seeking wisdom from other Christians.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same as other non-members I suppose. It is my opinion that in order to serve in any capacity with in the local church one must be member of it. Otherwise you're letting the unsaved represent the body of Christ, and that's untenable in every way. You can't equivocate on the minutia. They are either born-again church members or they are not. Additionally, you cannot hold the children accountable for the sins of the parents.

• Members

I can see not letting them join.  What policy should a church have as to their involvement if they choose to keep their family together?  Should their children be allowed to take part on children activities?  Should they, as a couple, be permitted to help out in the children's area?  Help prepare snacks for VBS?  Should they be allowed to volunteer in other roles in the church?  Or should they just be allowed to attend and not participate in anything? 

1 Corinthians 2:14   :icon_pray:

• Members

The first thing for most all of those attending that Anglican church is to get saved the bible's way.

The prOBlems keep coming up for you KOB because the Bible is not your final authority for all matters of faith and practice. If it was, you would be asking us (if you couldn't find it yourself) what the Lord says about something, not how a church should position themselves over a matter.

A sound New Testament Church of the kind that Christ built and died for would never allow unregenerated people into the body of believers. These ladies are living in unrepentant sin, period.

All you can do is show them from God's Word (your King James Bible) what he says about various questions they may have and pray for their salvation. How they divide their assets and such, should they repent and trust Christ as Lord and Savior is their business, not yours or mine. There is ZERO biblical justification for their remaining in this condition only that it is a bible truth that people take pleasure in sin.

But what about the law of love? You want to hit them over the head with the bible instead. How about loving them???

If I have not love, I am nothing Paul said. Love conquers all and covers a multitude of sins. There you have it, the Gospel.

• Members

But what about the law of love? You want to hit them over the head with the bible instead. How about loving them???

If I have not love, I am nothing Paul said. Love conquers all and covers a multitude of sins. There you have it, the Gospel.

It is not loving to let an unrepentant homosexual join in Christian fellowship with the body of believers, and especially not serving in any form of leadership, teaching, or ministry capacity. Love them, yes, but not their sin (which the Lord calls an abomination). Too many people are bound for hell, because well meaning people will love them straight to its gates with their doctrine that tickles ears and makes people feel warm and fuzzy. The most loving thing a Christian can do for an unbeliever is sit them down with the King James Bible and plant the seed. Let the Holy Spirit do the work from there. But if they refuse to repent (which means to literally turn away from their sin), there is no place in the fellowship of believers for them.

• Members

I can see not letting them join. What policy should a church have as to their involvement if they choose to keep their family together? Should their children be allowed to take part on children activities? Should they, as a couple, be permitted to help out in the children's area? Help prepare snacks for VBS? Should they be allowed to volunteer in other roles in the church? Or should they just be allowed to attend and not participate in anything?

The churches need to add language to their Constitutions, or whatever statement of faith they present to prosective members, that deals with this.
We are not to eat with anyone who calls themself a Christian, and is in fornication.
We would be wise to be very careful to protect our churches from various types of child molestors.

Anishinaabe

• Members

I feel like this is pretty easy;

They need to realize in Gods eyes they are not married,
Repent, and seperate in their relationship, physicalities aside this is still an un holy union.
who ever had the children, those are her children, the church can support her in anyway possible as she grows in Christ and prays for a mate to help her.

• Members

Love is not the Gospel.  Sharing the gospel, telling someone the consequence of their sins and the consequences for rejecting Christ is love.

Watching a car speed past you as they head for the broken bridge because you don't want to inconvenience them is not love.  Sodomites cannot work their way into heaven by joining a dead church which accepts their sin.  Only by making repentance towards God and putting their faith in Jesus Christ can they be saved from the fire and brimstone that awaits them.

• Members

If I understand your post correctly, it smells of relativism.

Love is not counting the unacceptable (as found in Scripture) as acceptable.

• Members

There's an awful lot of that on this forum lately which I find disheartening.

And I am sure some think that I am one of the guilty parties, which is laughable. :face:

(Not saying that you are one of them.)

• Members

I can see not letting them join.  What policy should a church have as to their involvement if they choose to keep their family together?  Should their children be allowed to take part on children activities?  Should they, as a couple, be permitted to help out in the children's area?  Help prepare snacks for VBS?  Should they be allowed to volunteer in other roles in the church?  Or should they just be allowed to attend and not participate in anything? 

I am the head usher at my church and as such am responsible for noting every visitor (new and repeat), properly greeting them & providing a visitor package, noting where everyone sits and what their needs may be (i.e. provide Bible if they don’t have one), and maintaining the overall general welfare of the church and all in attendance. I have seen all kinds enter our church from all walks of society and I’m sure in all forms of sin. I also know of several instances when homosexuals have come to visit.

What I’m about to say I would have to say prOBably applies to any IFB church that is worth any salt whatsoever.

If an unsaved and/or overtly sinful individual(s) visits our church and they are not in the market for salvation and/or the true Biblical message…, they are not staying. We may get 1 or 2 repeat visits, but that is as far as it goes and even that is not likely. It is not because we are not friendly or loving on them as individuals: it is because they are not comfortable with the truth of the Bible exposing the sin they do not want to be rid of.

These types of people are not interested in “involvement” for themselves or their family in a true IFB church. They are not likely to allow their children to take part in our activities or our VBS because to do so would give their children a conflicting message between what is in the Bible to what they are living.

• Members

I am hereby withdrawing from Online Baptist. I will not participate on a forum that allows members (such as kindofblue1977) to promote ungodly and wicked lifestyles. Yes, that is exactly what this member is doing. In the name of tolerance and love, he or she (I am not sure if this member is a man or woman) is promoting homosexualty and lesbianism. I have asked the moderator to delete this thread and have also asked him/her to ban kindofblue1977. Neither one has happened, so (with a heavy heart) I am hereby withdrawing my membership from this board.

Sincerely,

Bro Steve Smith

brosmith@pioneerbaptist.org

Archived