• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Cain's Descendants Survived the Flood

• Members

I heard a new one yesterday. I was flipping channels last night and saw a TV preacher giving a Q & A session. I stopped to listen in because I'm the curious sort. :cool

He seemed pretty straight until he said that someone questioned his teaching that Cain's descendants survived the Flood. :loco His "proof" was a couple of O.T. passages talking about the Kenites - who he says are Cain's descendants. Haha, I had never heard that before! Never mind that the Bible tells us only 8 persons survived. It seems like some preachers just have to have a fringe doctrine or two that no one else has ever heard of before. As if God only shows special things to them. I can only stomach those guys for about 5 minutes.

• Members

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

People who try to see hidden things should heed verses like this.

• Members

Sounds like this guy although hiw son does most of the preaching lately

ARNOLD MURRAY

THE SHEPHERD?S CHAPEL

Arnold Murray?s Shepherd Chapel is located in Gravette Arkansas. His TV program is seen on over 325 stations throughout the country, even here in Hawaii. As one tune?s into his program what they see is a man who thunders his message and answers questions from behind a desk in front of an American flag. He sometimes subtle and sometimes not. The Gospel of Christ as Savior to pay for our sins is spoken of, but it is often eclipsed by other doctrines that are part of his whole exclusive package. As he wields the word, he comes up with some very unique interpretations. The message Arnold Murray is spreading is unfortunately a mixture and can be lethal to one's spiritual life. Because he is divisive on almost all points of core beliefs. When we carefully examine his teachings one can only come to the conclusion he is not a shepherd feeding sheep. His personal doctrine many consider to have much falsehood. He is often seen scolding against orthodox teachers saying they, don't know their Bibles, but his followers should check who it is that really does not know their Bible. The historic Christian faith is under attack from this mans pulpit, as he comes off authoritative and sometimes arrogant, belittling those who do not agree with his views as they are identified as unspiritual and Kenites. In his teaching there is promotion of bias against the Jews, blacks and all non Anglo-Saxon people. I realize these are strong words but one needs to listen to his attitude and certainly pay attention to his doctrine and words.

He has attributed to himself special honor in the past, claiming to be God's end time messenger for the world (one among many today). ?I am a servant of the living God that carries the end time message, and it's either time to wake up now, or go down with your boat, friend? (The Shepherd's Chapel Questions and Answers period, aired 5/16/91). This has to do with his unique interpretation of the mark of the beast. While most of those who enjoy Murray do not feel that this is what he meant by the statement, the attitude certainly comes through if you listen long enough.

Requesting further information from The Shepherd?s Chapel is often refused, what is sent is Murray's standard audiotape entitled ?The Mark of the Beast.? This insinuates that if your not with them ?on the same page? you are a good candidate for it. The tape actually starts off fine and well within orthodox teaching, but it is not where it ends (more will be forthcoming on this). In the newsletter that accompanies it he states ?They could tattoo ?666? from your head to your feet and it would not change your feelings or mind about Christ. This is important. I hope you understand? (Newsletter #264 Oct.2000).

This is important! And this is unacceptable. Does Murray think one can receive the mark and still love Jesus? His interpretation is much like the 7th Day Adventists, that it is not a literal mark but is in your mind only. Rev.13:16 ?He causes (forced) all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark ON their right hand or on their foreheads? The word on is epi in Greek and it means upon. Don' t just read the English, be a bible student, the Greek word is charagma, and it means ?a stamp? or ?imprinted mark and almost every Bible scholar worth his salt agrees with this interpretation. It's something they need to buy and sell. No matter what you may think the mark is, it is clear that it is something that will be seen. The mark is accompanied by worship to the beast. This is very concerning that one can tell his listeners you can have 666 on you and it would not matter and still be a Christian. This is flat out dangerous.

I have actually had those who are so convinced by this statement that they write me to contest what I'm saying, agreeing with Murray that one who receives the mark can still worship Christ; the mark does not matter. Does the Bible say this? Of course not. Here is what I have heard - You can tattoo me from head to foot with the number called the mark of the beast it does not matter as long as I love the Lord. Well one would not receive the mark if they really loved the Lord. The bible says that those who believe refuse the mark, the number or his name and are killed. Yet Murray?s followers think they are immune to this despite the clear Bible verses about the punishment for those who take it.

To read the rest of the article go here http://www.letusreason.org/Poptea4.htm God bless.

Hey Bakers. Would you be able to find that chart on the descendent's of Noah that you posted awhile back? I have barely anything left in my house. :lol: It is at the new house. I really want to study that. Thanks in advance. :thumb

Sure' date=' let me do a search real quick...[/quote']

Thank you. :) I still am holding onto my computer. This thing will be the last thing to go in the move along with my Bible, of course, and us. :lol: I hope the printer doesn't mess up on me again. :P I am getting more technical, though. LOL.