• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Israeli Institute Prepares Priests For Jerusalem's Third Temple

• Members

Any "Middle-East Deal" will include a "shared arrangement" of the Temple Mount.  The "Temple proper" is not all that large.  Blood sacrifices will once again be conducted in OBedience to the Law of Moses.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/04/10/israeli-institute-prepares-priests-for-jerusalems-third-temple

On April 10, at 5 p.m., hundreds of Jews will gather at the Maimonides rabbinical institution plaza in the Kiryat Moshe neighborhood in Jerusalem and start learning the Jewish laws of Passover. Rabbis and experts, including Rabbi Yisrael Ariel, the head of the Temple Institute in the Old City of Jerusalem, the leading body preparing for the establishment of the third temple, will teach the audience the laws of the Passover sacrifice. Alongside Ariel, the ritual slaughterer (shohet) Rabbi Yehudah Giatt will teach the audience about the unique elements of the slaughter of the Passover sacrifice. After the lessons, the real thing will start: the simulation of the Passover sacrifice.

The timing of the gathering isn’t coincidental: This was the date on which the people of Israel were commanded to take a lamb and sacrifice it, before the exodus from Egypt. The ceremony on Thursday will be, in Israel Defense Forces (IDF) lingo, “practice with live fire.” Slaughtering lambs, sprinkling their blood on the altar by priests dressed in kosher priestly garments and roasting the lambs, with their heads, legs and innards. Just as God intended.

Isn't it time to "set aside" that 4th Century Catholic "Replacement Theology"?

• Moderators

Slaughtering lambs, sprinkling their blood on the altar by priests dressed in kosher priestly garments and roasting the lambs, with their heads, legs and innards. Just as God intended.

And yet by their 'OBedience' they are being disOBedient.

"For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.  Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, this is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin." Hebrews 10:1-19

• Moderators

God intended it as a picture of Christ's sacrifice, not a permanent act. No one can find any help in the blood of bulld and goats-not even lambs, since the Lamb of God, His Passover Lamb, shed His perfect blood.

However I do believe that this is answer to prophecy, that a temple WILL be rebuilt, and that there will apparently be a Millenial temple, though not for the shedding of blood sacrifices, but as the seat of power of Jesus Christ.

Though again, i Do admit that I could be wrong about this. We tend to think we have prophecy all figured out, but the only ones, it seemed, who got it right about the prophecy of Jesus' first coming were a bunch of pagan priests from the east. PrOBably from following the writings of Daniel.

• Members

God intended it as a picture of Christ's sacrifice, not a permanent act. No one can find any help in the blood of bulld and goats-not even lambs, since the Lamb of God, His Passover Lamb, shed His perfect blood.

However I do believe that this is answer to prophecy, that a temple WILL be rebuilt, and that there will apparently be a Millenial temple, though not for the shedding of blood sacrifices, but as the seat of power of Jesus Christ.

Though again, i Do admit that I could be wrong about this. We tend to think we have prophecy all figured out, but the only ones, it seemed, who got it right about the prophecy of Jesus' first coming were a bunch of pagan priests from the east. PrOBably from following the writings of Daniel.

Pagan priests from the east? Could it be they were actually Israelites living in the east who had the scriptures to learn from? Israel was scattered 'all-over' the world at that time.

• Moderators

Pagan priests from the east? Could it be they were actually Israelites living in the east who had the scriptures to learn from? Israel was scattered 'all-over' the world at that time.

All the Bible says is that they were 'wise men' from 'the east'. I suppose its possible they were Jews, but seeing as they identified His coming from a star, seems more likely they were more of the Chaldean-type wise men. But you're correct, they may have been.  I admit to my assumption.

For what its worth, the note from the Geneva translation says, " Wise men, or Magi, in the Persians and Chaldean’s tongue signify Philosophers, Priests, or astronomers, and here the firstfruits of the Gentiles that came to worship Christ.

I don't know who wrote the footnotes. I got it from genevabible.org the author seems to agree that it was Gentiles. But again, it is a footnote, and I won't try to make an argument from a footnote. Just mentioning it. I actually looked to see if the same word, wisemen, was used there. It is.  

For those who won't hate me over it, the greek word is Magos, from which we get Magi, or mage, according to Strongs:

a magus

1. the name given by the Babylonians (Chaldeans), Medes, Persians, and others, to the wise men, teachers, priests, physicians, astrologers, seers, interpreters of dreams, augers, soothsayers, sorcerers etc.

2. the oriental wise men (astrologers) who, having discovered by the rising of a remarkable star that the Messiah had just been born, came to Jerusalem to worship him

3. a false prophet and sorcerer

• Members

All the Bible says is that they were 'wise men' from 'the east'. I suppose its possible they were Jews, but seeing as they identified His coming from a star, seems more likely they were more of the Chaldean-type wise men. But you're correct, they may have been.  I admit to my assumption.

For what its worth, the note from the Geneva translation says, " Wise men, or Magi, in the Persians and Chaldean’s tongue signify Philosophers, Priests, or astronomers, and here the firstfruits of the Gentiles that came to worship Christ.

I don't know who wrote the footnotes. I got it from genevabible.org the author seems to agree that it was Gentiles. But again, it is a footnote, and I won't try to make an argument from a footnote. Just mentioning it. I actually looked to see if the same word, wisemen, was used there. It is.  

For those who won't hate me over it, the greek word is Magos, from which we get Magi, or mage, according to Strongs:

a magus

1. the name given by the Babylonians (Chaldeans), Medes, Persians, and others, to the wise men, teachers, priests, physicians, astrologers, seers, interpreters of dreams, augers, soothsayers, sorcerers etc.

2. the oriental wise men (astrologers) who, having discovered by the rising of a remarkable star that the Messiah had just been born, came to Jerusalem to worship him

Thanks. Someone actually used the Geneva Bible.

I am VERY familiar with that particular note, but like you say I do not put extreme emphasis on the notes. 

I just question the use of 'pagan' people for the Lord to send messages to about the Christ coming.

Although if the Israelites were amalgamated into eastern society, they could be compared to them as such.

Interesting stuff, thank you for the response.

• Members

a magus

Perfect example of where the KJV is superior to the Greek. They were not astrologers (i.e. Magi) that came to see Jesus, they were WISE MEN. 

• Members

Perfect example of where the KJV is superior to the Greek. They were not astrologers (i.e. Magi) that came to see Jesus, they were WISE MEN. 

The 1560 Geneva also says Wisemen in the text. And in the gloss "Wisemen, or Magi, in the Persians and Chaldeans tongue..."

Maybe the 'tongue' does not matter, but the 'meaning'?

Good stuff here. :godisgood:

• Members

Most I know say that these "wise men" were from a sect of Judiasm formed by the Prophet Daniel in Babylon.

The Mosiac sacrificial system was the only religion designed by God.  As far as Israel is concerned, they are "OBeying God" when they reinstitute the Temple Religious System. 

Also, keep in mind that "the twelve" headed up by Peter, continued to OBey the Law of Moses for almost 40 years (until the destruction of the Temple).  They only saw that the Yom Kippor

(day of atonement) offering was superseded by Christ dying on the cross.  Otherwise, circumcision and offerings made to the priests for newborn, etc. etc. etc. were still OBeyed.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
stand in the holy place, [holy of holies] (whoso readeth, let him understand:)  Matthew 24:15
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be
in Judaea flee to the mountains:  Mark 13:14

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.  Matthew 24:21

• Members

beameup - surely that applies to the destruction- as Luke makes clear.

Prophecy fulfilled. Why look for another time of"days of vengeance" ? Unless you believe that the Jews are as a race perpetually guilty, and a future generation must be punished.

No no no! These are Gospel days for Jew and Gentile until Jesus returns.

Archived