• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Defending Gods Truth

Fallan

• Members

When will the fundamentalist Christians make a stand against progressive Christians who are watering down the Word of God..Like Ive mentioned in my opening statement they attack "fundies" as they call those who uphold the WHOLE of Gods word as much as atheists and agnostics.If you look at their sites they are often praised by atheists for their pro abortion and same sex marriage views and what does it say about the company you keep.Im saddened to see the rise of these so called Christian sites and its good to have found my way here. Of course you might point me me to many who do make a stand but I havent seen hardly any on the sites Ive frequented.And dont make the mistake that those who run them are not that educated in theology THEY ARE and some of their points are incredibly difficult to rebut at least with my basic knowledge

• Moderators

Every time an IFB preacher, (or any preacher, for that matters) stands and preaches the truths of God without apology, they are making a stand against liberalism and new-evangelicalism. When we speak the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world, or a lost individual, we take a stand against doctrinal compromise.

What kind of 'stand', exactly, are you talking about? Picketing their churches? Marching on DC? Send letters in all red caps?

I know I prOBably sound like a wisenheimer, but that's not really my intention: honestly, I am curious as to what you consider a stand, as you put it? I believe that standing for thruth and doctrinal purity IS a stand. 

• Members

Most of those so-called christians are as lost as the atheists.  Since they are so militant towards us, why cast our pearls before swine?  Why not dust off our feet and leave them to their own destruction since they've rejected the gospel?  

• Members

The stand Im talking about is going on those sites especially those who are well read on scripture and debating with them defending the truth....Ive tried to do it but as Ive said Im nearly 70 and lack scriptural knowledge as those who post on them... surely progressives arent the only ones with PH-Ds in philosophy/theology.Im pretty sure if atheists can find their way to these sites then those who are learned in the word of God could also.When Jesus sent His disciples out it was to preach the gospel these sites need the gospel to be preached not liberal theology.

• Moderators

Would be nice to do so, but as you will see if you stick around here long enough, its too easy to first bombard the 'intruder', for se we would be seen as, with so many posts as to make it impossible to answer them all, then, once so bombarded, be accused of not having an answer, and thus, discredited in their eyes, and finally, just straight banned and unable to even try to give a word.

We get folks who come her to try to dispute with us from different positions, and, because that's not the pont of the site, they are usually removed  before long.

Now, if there were sites where arguments would be welcome, that were set up for the purpose of debate, then I suspect many here would be pleased to go-but not when there is really no chance to do any good. I've tried. Even other supposed IFB sites I have often found myself unwelcome.

On most boards, debate is not much of an option, and even if it is, healthy debate is rare.

• Members

A lot of sites calling themselves Christian are like sharks in the water just waiting for you to tell them the "truth". They have no desire to learn the real Jesus. You won't change their minds. You are wasting your time. You can argue day and night until your fingers rot off and you won't change any minds or thinking. They want God their way. Not the one, true God. Spend that time praying for them to let their hearts and minds be open to God pulling them closer to him. If they really want to know the truth, and seek it, and study the Bible, they'll find it.

Archived