• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Word Is The Spirit Of Life.

• Members

Here I will teach you the difference between Jesus and God.
By using the scriptures from the Bible.

Matthew, Chapter 26

39: And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

42: He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

THEY EACH HAVE THEIR OWN WILL.

More UNDENIABLE ABSOLUTE PROOF...from the SCRIPTURES...
that God is not Jesus and Jesus is not God.

John
1:In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

The WORD is The SPIRIT of LIFE.

Jesus is The LIGHT.

The LIGHT came from The WORD.

• Members

Sad really. The trinity is conplex but not all that hard to understand. Three equal influences acting with one accord never conflicting one another.

If people can seperate Jesus from God then our God is the same as theirs and they have nothing to fear.......BUT......praise God!!........people have no say in the matter. He is risen and alive forevermore. The ONLY ONE to ever have that power makes my salvation and my God THE TRUE and ONLY one.

Happy Easter!!!!!

• Moderators

Here I will teach you the difference between Jesus and God.
By using the scriptures from the Bible.

Matthew, Chapter 26

39: And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

42: He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

THEY EACH HAVE THEIR OWN WILL.

More UNDENIABLE ABSOLUTE PROOF...from the SCRIPTURES...
that God is not Jesus and Jesus is not God.

John
1:In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

The WORD is The SPIRIT of LIFE.

Jesus is The LIGHT.

The LIGHT came from The WORD.

He has been banned, but will most likely be back in another form, as it were. So let's answer this, shall we?

Did Jesus have a will separate from God?  No, He did not. However, He WAS fully man, as well as being fully God, thus the potential of sin remained, though there was no sin. Jesus' will clearly followed His father's will-they WERE one. That Jesus was weak while in flesh is undeniable-He felt weariness and temptation, yet without sin. HIs will perfectly matched His Fathers, as evidenced by the fact that He always did His father's will.

Jesus said, "I am my Father are one". He said, "Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. " To know One, is to know the Other. 

Jesus told Satan, "Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God and Him only shalt thou serve", yet He, Himself, received worship from Thomas, and didn't rebuke him.

Jesus, in the works he did, showed the attributes of the Lord of creation, in that the elements, the devils, all things of spirit and flesh, even life and death, were completely subject to His will. He did not pray for things to be, he COMMANDED things to be.

Jesus was said to be the spiritual Rock from which Israel drank in the wilderness, and the Angel that led israel through the wilderness.

Jesus assumed the right to teach and interpret the correct understanding of the Law of God, even above the priests, Levites and Pharisees, even the High Priest. He claimed authority to declare what could be done, or not done, in the temple, His Father's house.  

In the garden of Gethsemane, when the soldiers came seeking Jesus, he said to them, "I AM", (the 'he' was added by the translators). At these words, the soldiers fell back to the ground. Why? The power of the fact that Jesus claimed to Himself the very name of Almighty God. And not the first time He did it. Earlier he made the statement, "Before Abraham was, I am." At this point, the Pharisees sought to kill He, because they understood that He was claiming the name and place of God for Himself.

Either Jesus was God, or fraud. I believe He was the former, for he could be nothing else.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Yet this same Jesus in His pre incarnated form as the Word calls not only Himself but the Father and the Spirit God in the Book of Isaiah:

16)  Come ye near unto Me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret, from the time that it was, there Am I: and the Lord GOD, and His Spirit hath sent Me.

17)  Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer , the Holy One of Israel, I Am the LORD thy God which teacheth the to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Isaiah 48:16-17

• Members

Acts 2:22  Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23  Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24  Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25  For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

This is quoting from Psalm 16:8

8 ¶  I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. 9  Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. 10  For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 11  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

In a strange interpretation (for them) the JW bible has Jehovah instead of Lord in Acts 2:25, showing that Jesus in not only Lord, but LORD.

Edited by Invicta
Spelling