• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God Is Not A Man!

• Members

Post any scripture, why you believe, Jesus the man, is God.
And why you believe, that scripture means to you that
Jesus the man is God.

There have already been many good Scriptures posted.  So just a few more.

6)  For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His Name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.     Isaiah 9:6   So that we know that Mighty God is the same as Almighty God  we see Jehovah called Mighty God in Isaiah 10:21, so yes Jesus is called God in this passage of Isaiah along with Isaiah 40:3; 44:6; 48:16-17.

And John calls Jesus God in John 8:58; I John 5:7 I know many try to question I John 5:7 but we must remember that Cyprian quotes it in 250 AD long before the supposed oldest and best manuscripts were written.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true, even in His Son Jesus Christ.  This is the true God, and eternal life.   I John 5:20

• Members

In the OT Job cry the following:  32)  For He is not a man, as i am, that I should answer Him, and we should come together in judgment.  33)  Neither is there any Daysman betwixt us, that might lay His hand upon us both.  Job 9:32-33    When Job make this statement He crying for someone that is a Daysman who could both be God and Man, so as to understand both parties, and mediate between both.  So in the New Testament we see Paul speaking of Jesus Christ as the Man (I Timothy 2:5) and part of the Trinity/Godhead (Galatians 3:20) who mediated between both parties.  For no mediator is  one yet the Trinity is One, and yet God the Son is both Man and God.

• Members

At the time Numbers was written, (some fourteen hundred plus years prior to Christ being born in the manger) God was not a man.  However, there are many verses that identify Jesus as being God in the flesh.  So, at one point, God became man.  And even today, we have a Mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.  Jesus, who is identified as God in the Bible, is still aidentified as a man.