• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Concealed Carry

Arbo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There should be no restrictions on open or concealed carry nor what to carry.  The penalties should be on using weapons in the commission of a crime.  

Last year 200,000 women prevented sexual assaults with their weapons.

In 2003 there were 200 million guns in America and 1.3 million violent crimes.

In 2013 there were 300 million guns in America and 300,000 violent crimes.

It was old news back in the 1990s, whenever citizens were allowed to arm themselves, violent crimes against them plummeted. 

• Members

Did you know tha

Did you know that burglars fear dogs more than guns when it comes to home invasions?

That doesn't make any sense.  All it takes to stop a dog is a good steak.  To stop a speeding bullet it takes superman. 

God bless,

Larry

• Moderators

if you check the FBI crime stats, they show a significant drop in firearm related crimes as does the CDC stats. The media likes to include firearm suicides in their numbers. As if elimination of guns will stop despondent people from committing suicide.

• Moderators

That doesn't make any sense.  All it takes to stop a dog is a good steak.  To stop a speeding it takes superman. 

God bless,

Larry

With a burglar who prefers to hit with no one home, you're right. For home invaders (as I read the inferred specificity) who prefer to hit with people home, it removes the element of surprise.

• Moderators

I have a friend in Canada who cannot comprehend US gun laws, and I learned quickly not to even broach the subject of shooting or concealed carry with her. Although she lives in a low crime area and cannot conceive of needing a gun.

But in the US for some reason illegal gun use is rampant....and more laws won't stop that....so I guess around here you just gotta do what you gotta do.

She must be from Ontario... :frog:

My opinion on concealed carry is - I wish! For that matter, I wish we could have open carry. The prOBlem with laws restricting guns is that only law-abiding citizens OBey them...

• Members

She must be from Ontario... :frog:
My opinion on concealed carry is - I wish! For that matter, I wish we could have open carry. The prOBlem with laws restricting guns is that only law-abiding citizens OBey them...

Nova Scotia. :-)

• Members

Kennesaw, Georgia is known as "The Gun City", because in 1982 they passed a law that every single household must have a firearm. Since passing the law there have been only three murders in the whole city. One was a tragic situation in which a cancer-stricken woman beat her blind son to death then hung herself. The other was a road rage related incident. I'm not aware of the third murder. Still, for a college city those are not bad statistics. Prior to the law being passed, Kennesaw had a significantly higher crime rate than the national average. Today, it has one of the lowest. It is believed the mere notion that every single person is packing heat is a deterrent to would-be criminals. 

I'm all for carry conceal and open carry, so long as the person is legally permitted to carry (of legal age and without a criminal record). Every man in my immediate family carries. Georgia recently passed a law saying you can carry in churches now. Our pastor is a gun owner, but doesn't carry at church, because he says it is intimidating when people hug him and they feel a gun on his side. But he told the congregation they are always welcome to carry in his church. 

Archived