• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Concealed Carry

Arbo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The requirements to receive a conceal carry permit are rather strict so I'm not too worried about the wrong people having such.

The Feds should have no say in such matters. Whatever the States and their citizens decide upon the matter is their business.

• Members

The requirements to receive a conceal carry permit are rather strict so I'm not too worried about the wrong people having such.

The Feds should have no say in such matters. Whatever the States and their citizens decide upon the matter is their business.

It's pretty easy to get a concealed permit here where I live. I worked with a guy who was always bragging and puffed up about how he carried and nOBody best mess with him. 

• Members

Perhaps some States have easier ways to get such. The States I'm familiar with require background checks, firearm safety courses and such.

There are always idiots with guns. Those are among the ones I wouldn't go hunting with. Someone is always going to be careless, be on some ego trip with his guns and what not.

Even so, I'm all for States setting their own policy regarding such matters.

• Members

It's pretty easy to get a concealed permit here where I live. I worked with a guy who was always bragging and puffed up about how he carried and nOBody best mess with him.

These types are the ones who have no business carrying.

• Members

A lot of info here although those against people having guns will prOBably po poo it because of the name of the site.  If you don't like the info on this site do a search for "statistics on concealed carry" like I did and there are lots of other sites.

http://www.carryconcealed.net/carrying-concealed-statistics

God bless,

Larry

• Members

I am all for it.  My husband has a concealed carry permit. 

He wants me to get one, as well.

As to a member, the other day, wondering why people talk about guns online?  One would be foolish to break into my house or his parents and siblings houses, as well.   :biggrin:   

• Members

I'm all for it. As the old saying goes, "if you outlaw guns the only people that will have guns will be the outlaws".

It seems most cases I have read about involving violence with guns had to do with people OBtaining their firearms less than legally. I also believe that if law abiding citizens were allowed to conceal carry in places like schools and bases some of these more heinous crimes would have been less costly.

On the other side of the spectrum you have Tennessee:

Tennessee Senate passes open carry bill

Following the logic of the liberals, this should make Tennessee something like the wild west. We shall see...

• Members

I'm all for it. As the old saying goes, "if you outlaw guns the only people that will have guns will be the outlaws".

It seems most cases I have read about involving violence with guns had to do with people OBtaining their firearms less than legally. I also believe that if law abiding citizens were allowed to conceal carry in places like schools and bases some of these more heinous crimes would have been less costly.

On the other side of the spectrum you have Tennessee:

Tennessee Senate passes open carry bill

Following the logic of the liberals, this should make Tennessee something like the wild west. We shall see...

Well, the last two people who shot up Ft. Hood got there guns legally at the same gun store.

I'm for conceal and carry even though I don't own a handgun nor have a permit. I've been thinking about getting one but the finances are a little tight. When I get a gun I want it to be a good one. I've been thinking about maybe a Taurus Judge. .45/410. I think it should be conceal carry instead of open carry though. 

• Members

If you are not used to shooting something like that, I'd suggest trying one out first if possible.

I've shot a .44 magnum Ruger Redhawk before and had no prOBlem with it (except next time I'll wear hearing protection). I'm a big guy. Actually, I've shot plenty of handguns. When I worked in Corrections I had to qualify once a year with a handgun (.38 in that case). So that isn't the prOBlem. I've just never gotten around to getting a handgun for myself. 

Archived