• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Animals Before People....this Is It.........

heartstrings

• Members

It appears that he has been ignoring the applicable rules since 1998.  At some point he's bound to reap the consequences.

It appears to me, by what I read, that they had been on this land since sometime in the past before there was such an entity as the BLM and that they had water rights and other rights granted them by the U.S government and that the U.S. government had changed the rules in the middle of the game (which they often do) and that that is what precipitated this whole mess.  This all sounds very confusing because that is what happens when the government is involved.  Of course I could be wrong because it all depends on what the meaning of is is in the courts of law.

One should never assume that because the government says so, it is true.  It is always more complicated that that.  They do that on purpose.

God bless,

Larry

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is true...but he does have a point, too.  However, my big question is: why did it take so long for the BLM to act?  And does it have anything to do with the oil leases the federal government has been selling?  There's a reason much deeper than not paying grazing fees (that aren't Constitutional anyway) or protecting tortoises.

Does he have actual title to the land in question?

As for the timing of the Fed's actions, delayed enforcement does not mean he's acting legally.  He should count himself lucky he got away with it for as long as he did.  I wonder how much money he made off of that land during the period that he was violating.

• Administrators

Does he have actual title to the land in question?  I don't know.

As for the timing of the Fed's actions, delayed enforcement does not mean he's acting legally.  He should count himself lucky he got away with it for as long as he did.  I wonder how much money he made off of that land during the period that he was violating. 

• Administrators

I don't know - I'm not there and haven't talked to him, but I'm kinda coming down on the side of the rancher.  This is an interesting speculation (and I say speculation because, again I don't know.  But nothing surprises me about Harry Reid):

http://toprightnews.com/?p=2422  

Back in 2012, the New American reported that Harry Reid’s son, Rory Reid, was the chief representative for a Chinese energy firm planning to build a $5-billion solar plant on public land in Laughlin, Nevada.

And journalist Marcus Stern with Reuters also reported that Sen. Reid was heavily involved in the deal as well.

“[Reid] and his oldest son, Rory, are both involved in an effort by a Chinese energy giant, ENN Energy Group, to build a $5 billion solar farm and panel manufacturing plant in the southern Nevada desert,” he wrote. “Reid has been one of the project’s most prominent advocates, helping recruit the company during a 2011 trip to China and applying his political muscle on behalf of the project in Nevada.”

• Members

I don't know - I'm not there and haven't talked to him, but I'm kinda coming down on the side of the rancher.  This is an interesting speculation (and I say speculation because, again I don't know.  But nothing surprises me about Harry Reid):

http://toprightnews.com/?p=2422  

Reminds me of how the Feds China (and I heard even Vietnam!) to drill in the Gulf of Mexico but not the USA.

Archived