• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

New Christian

Robert Sanders

• Members

New Christian

I am in the process, of becoming a Christian. I have been to several different churches and been visiting Christian websites and forums on the Internet. I have noticed that Christians believe many different things among themselves. I myself are not completely clear just as to how I believe on certain scriptures pertaining to the Bible. I have come here to discuss with you the way you believe and why you believe the way you do. I want to compare your belief of the scriptures and the Bible, to the other Christian denominations. Then I can decide for myself which way I ought to believe.

ROBert Sanders

• Administrators

ROBert, that's quite a broad topic. Could you be more specific?  How about if you start with letting us know what you have been told/believe makes a person a Christian?  Because having one's eternity settled is of utmost importance. 

• Members

Welcome, ROBert.   :)   Being a "Christian" is a loosely used, term.  Online Baptist is a Bible Believing site.  Follow the Bible and you can't go wrong.  Feel free to ask questions and make comments.  

• Members

As Candlelight has said: "Being a "Christian" is a loosely used, term."  The word must be taken in context to the subject being discussed. One could call him/herself a Christian based on their Salvation. One could call him/herself a Christian based on the way they live their life. One could call him/herself a Christian based on them judging their own lives against those who profess to be a Christian. 

• Members

The true meaning of the word Christian only means one thing.

If you're born in America you're an ........American

If you're born in Africa you're an............ African

If you're born in Mexico you're a............Mexican

Being born in Christ is the one and only TRUE Christian that there has ever been or will be.

Christian is not the name of a religion, feeling, fad, or fashion statement.

There is no name it and claim it like all other "religions"  on earth

Marvel not that I say unto you that YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN!!!!

• Members

ROBert, that's quite a broad topic. Could you be more specific?  How about if you start with letting us know what you have been told/believe makes a person a Christian?  Because having one's eternity settled is of utmost importance. 

Alright I will do that.

• Members

As Candlelight has said: "Being a "Christian" is a loosely used, term."  The word must be taken in context to the subject being discussed. One could call him/herself a Christian based on their Salvation. One could call him/herself a Christian based on the way they live their life. One could call him/herself a Christian based on them judging their own lives against those who profess to be a Christian. 

Would you say that there are good Christians and there are

bad Christians as say for example there are good kids and

there are bad kids but they are both kids?

• Members

Would you say that there are good Christians and there are

bad Christians as say for example there are good kids and

there are bad kids but they are both kids?

I would say that there are Christians and then there are non-Christians and "good" has very little to do with which category one falls into. The basic truth is that no one is good except God (Matt 19:17) and everyone on earth is a sinner, which would necessarily put them in the "bad" corner (Rom 3:10-23). What defines a Christian is that he or she has acknowledged this and realized their only way to heaven is having faith in God's promise to save them through the work of Jesus Christ. A Christian is simply one who believes in and follows Jesus Christ. After that it's a matter of spiritual maturity. There are spiritual/Christian infants and there are mature Christians and the spectrum between them. It doesn't really matter what you call yourself, it's what you believe in your heart that makes you a Christian or non-Christian and how you let that belief affect the rest of your life is an expression of your maturity.

Archived