• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

15 Minute History Lesson

ThePilgrim

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like how it's always because of the USA's actions. Sounds like how it's always the white man's fault.

Neither we nor the Europeans will go to war with Russia. Especially with our military that is at this moment being reduced to pre-World War II size by Barack OBama.

As for the Europeans, they have no guts.

• Members

I like how it's always because of the USA's actions. Sounds like how it's always the white man's fault.

Neither we nor the Europeans will go to war with Russia. Especially with our military that is at this moment being reduced to pre-World War II size by Barack OBama.

As for the Europeans, they have no guts.

In World War II the best German generals warned their leader not to take on the Russians but he did and it was a catastrophe.  Why does anyone think the leaders today are any smarter than Germany's leader was then.  One should never underestimate the ignorance of our intelligent people in Washington D.C..  Stumble bums just might be expected to stumble into something bad . . . . like war.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

The video simply gives a brief history of Russia from the standpoint of security. There is no mention of America in the video.

Since the fall of the Soviet Union both America and Europe have put pressure on Russia, causing unease and fear among the Russian leadership and Russian citizens.

In the most recent case, American and European interference in Ukraine, the fomenting and supplying of those willing to protest, riot and challenge the legally elected Ukrainian government (so much for respecting democratic elections), all in an effort to see that government give way with the expectation of a pro-West leader taking over.

Considering America and Europe gave support to neo-nazis, anarchists and anti-semites in this effort, it's little wonder their plans went bad.

How else was Russia to view this than as an anti-Russian move with the potential to turn Ukraine into a neighboring country joining the anti-Russian NATO military alliance and a possible move that would take away Russians only warm water port in Crimea.

What happened in Ukraine and the Crimea isn't that much different than what happened in Cuba in the early 60s. The main difference being that during the mess in Cuba, Kennedy hesitated and then outright failed to take decisive action that could have rid Cuba of Castro and seen a pro-American government established afterward. Putin didn't hesitate to seize control over the vital Crimea while being careful not to go any further, even while situating his troops so a strike into Ukraine could be quickly initiated if need be.

It's prOBable that OBama and his advisors are ignorant of the history of Russia, Crimea and Ukraine. The European leaders have no excuse for ignorance in this as most of their own nations have been involved in that history over the centuries.

Even without consulting history, even a dullard leader should be able to recognize that if any country feels they are being threatened and possibly backed into a corner, they will take whatever action they can to try and remedy the situation.

Larry, I believe the article you mention lends credence to what I'm about to propose. John, you stop short of calling the lack of leadership in Washington D.C. the bunch of bumbling buffoons they are (but close enough). It is about geography but, those Washington D.C. buffoons are only bumbling outwardly, their real efforts are very cold and calculated and effect every U.S. citizen.

The Ukraine, in February of this year, 2014, experienced a series of violent protests and outright lawlessness leading to near anarchy and the ouster of their president. The president fled to Eastern Ukraine where more pro-Russian Ukrainians were in greater abundance. During this time the pro-western regions of Ukraine sought to further align with the West (USA and Europe). The people in Kiev sought to have elections to replace the president with a pro-western preference.

Russia leases a naval port and ship repair facility in Crimea, required to service Russia’s Black Sea and Mediterranean Fleets.  This is Russia’s access to warm water facilities for their fleets. It is OBvious Russia’s now massing troops on the east of Ukraine and takeover of Crimea was insurance.

If you have any doubt of the above, then let’s jump back in history to an article written a little over a year ago appearing in RIA Novosti, the largest news agency in Russia. In this brief article we can see Russia’s deep concern over insuring they maintain their access to the port and repair facility in the Crimea. Let me quote Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin briefly in reference to a warm water port and repair facility.

“We must determine our priorities in this [black Sea] region as soon as possible,” Rogozin said, adding that the efforts should be focused on facilities in Novorossiisk, Sochi and other ports along the Russian Black Sea coast.

Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin

There is no mention of the port in Crimea but even a lowly retired U.S. Navy Chief (me) understands the significance of the statement. Sevastopol, Crimea, Ukraine is the “other” referenced by the Deputy’s statement above. Google "Russia's lease on ports in Crimea?" Little did the world know Russia almost let the entire cat out of the bag regarding their intentions. If I can figure all of this out then why can’t the leaders of our own government figure it out? I believe the reason is because the focus of all intelligence controlled by Washington D.C. is focused toward their own citizens; it’s the only plausible answer to missing Russia’s ‘hint’ from January 18, 2013. The unrest in Ukraine and the movement away from Russia’s influence became “unbearable” for Moscow.

The article I referenced:

Russia Plans to Revive Shipbuilding on Black Sea Coast 

• Members

Larry, I believe the article you mention lends credence to what I'm about to propose. John, you stop short of calling the lack of leadership in Washington D.C. the bunch of bumbling buffoons they are (but close enough). It is about geography but, those Washington D.C. buffoons are only bumbling outwardly, their real efforts are very cold and calculated and effect every U.S. citizen.

The Ukraine, in February of this year, 2014, experienced a series of violent protests and outright lawlessness leading to near anarchy and the ouster of their president. The president fled to Eastern Ukraine where more pro-Russian Ukrainians were in greater abundance. During this time the pro-western regions of Ukraine sought to further align with the West (USA and Europe). The people in Kiev sought to have elections to replace the president with a pro-western preference.

Russia leases a naval port and ship repair facility in Crimea, required to service Russia’s Black Sea and Mediterranean Fleets.  This is Russia’s access to warm water facilities for their fleets. It is OBvious Russia’s now massing troops on the east of Ukraine and takeover of Crimea was insurance.

If you have any doubt of the above, then let’s jump back in history to an article written a little over a year ago appearing in RIA Novosti, the largest news agency in Russia. In this brief article we can see Russia’s deep concern over insuring they maintain their access to the port and repair facility in the Crimea. Let me quote Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin briefly in reference to a warm water port and repair facility.

“We must determine our priorities in this [black Sea] region as soon as possible,” Rogozin said, adding that the efforts should be focused on facilities in Novorossiisk, Sochi and other ports along the Russian Black Sea coast.

Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin

There is no mention of the port in Crimea but even a lowly retired U.S. Navy Chief (me) understands the significance of the statement. Sevastopol, Crimea, Ukraine is the “other” referenced by the Deputy’s statement above. Google "Russia's lease on ports in Crimea?" Little did the world know Russia almost let the entire cat out of the bag regarding their intentions. If I can figure all of this out then why can’t the leaders of our own government figure it out? I believe the reason is because the focus of all intelligence controlled by Washington D.C. is focused toward their own citizens; it’s the only plausible answer to missing Russia’s ‘hint’ from January 18, 2013. The unrest in Ukraine and the movement away from Russia’s influence became “unbearable” for Moscow.

The article I referenced:

Russia Plans to Revive Shipbuilding on Black Sea Coast 

Yes it is unbearable for them and that is why the U.S. should step back from the precipice.   To Russia this is a matter of survival.  We have pushed a nuclear armed Bear back to it's last stand and it will fight to stay alive.  Any government on this earth would do the same if it had the capability.  We or NATO do not have the wherewithal to conquer the Russian without it coming to a nuclear catastrophe.  We could not win in Iraq or Afghanistan.  Napoleon or Hitler could not beat Russia by their invasions . . . . neither can we. 

The people that really run things must have Russia and China under control or out of the way to have their New World Order.  These people all have their little hideaways to retreat to.  I don't don't have anywhere to hide except in God's hand.  How about you.

I am feeling a little like Jeremiah here tonight as I write this.  God help us all.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

In World War II the best German generals warned their leader not to take on the Russians but he did and it was a catastrophe.  Why does anyone think the leaders today are any smarter than Germany's leader was then.  One should never underestimate the ignorance of our intelligent people in Washington D.C..  Stumble bums just might be expected to stumble into something bad . . . . like war.

God bless,

Larry

The USA is not going to go to war with Russia.  Next war up is the Battle of Armageddon.  It will be a series of three wars that make WWI and WWII look like picnics in the park.  All born again believers will be gone for that.  Rest assured, we are not going to war with Russia.

• Administrators

Well, candle, I don't know that we can guarantee no war with Russia.  Armageddon is definitely prophesied in the Bible, but that doesn't preclude war with Russia now.  BO would have sent us into Syria if he could have (we still aren't out of the woods with that one, though), and I wouldn't put it past him to push us into a conflagration just as soon as he's finished decimating our military ranks.

• Members

The most dangerous aspect with BO is he seems to have no overall foreign policy strategy so he just bumbles his way around, reacting in a haphazard manner to what ever happens to be going on at the moment. It's such bumbling that has started very ill advised wars in the past.

So, while I don't think BO would purposefully go to war with Russia, it's conceivable he could stumble into to such; and not just with Russia, but others as well.

In any event, since we don't know when the end will come, perhaps today, perhaps a hundred years from now, or any other time, it's possible there could be no more major wars before the end, or there could be dozens or scores of major wars between now and the end.

• Members

Well, candle, I don't know that we can guarantee no war with Russia.  Armageddon is definitely prophesied in the Bible, but that doesn't preclude war with Russia now.  BO would have sent us into Syria if he could have (we still aren't out of the woods with that one, though), and I wouldn't put it past him to push us into a conflagration just as soon as he's finished decimating our military ranks.

I don't think any of our politicians are that stupid, HC.  Even OBama and his cronies.  Don't forget he has George Soros guiding him.  Soros knows better than that.

• Administrators

I don't think any of our politicians are that stupid, HC.  Even OBama and his cronies.  Don't forget he has George Soros guiding him.  Soros knows better than that.

Does he?  One method of destroying a country is over-extending it.  We've seen those in DC doing that for years now with our money, our troops, and our laws.  

• Members

I attended a so-called institution of higher learning (but not until I was in my 50s) and I have seen for myself the "intelligent" people.  I have heard the intelligent express their wisdom.  You may not believe me on this, but the educated elite are not really all that intelligent.  The educators are the least intelligent of the lot, and they are the ones who educated the educated fools that run our government. From the president on down to his advisers and department heads they are but arrogant fools . . . . the flotsam that has risen to the top.  They are just human beings like you and me, except, not having God as their supplier of wisdom, they rely on their own. . . . and they ain't got none.  (Bad English intended as emphasis)

God bless,

Larry

• Members

Does he?  One method of destroying a country is over-extending it.  We've seen those in DC doing that for years now with our money, our troops, and our laws.  

True.  Soros is a rat, but I don't think he will make the mistake of putting our troops in Russia.  If he does, he is really stupid.  God help the USA.

Archived