• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Deleted Mozilla And Moved To Chrome, Are You In?

4everHis

• Members

Hi.  In response to Mozilla's ousting of the CEO based on a donation he made personally to a pro marriage cause, I have deleted all Mozilla and Firefox products from all of my computers and devices.  Additionally, I left them feedback to alert them that their intolerance is the reason I have migrated to Chrome.

I want to encourage everyone to do the same.  (Not move to Chrome necessarily, but to delete Firefox and use something in its place.)  In life we get very few chances to have our voice be heard by the big companies, but here is our chance to make our voices. heard.  

I  hope you join me.

• Members

Hi.  In response to Mozilla's ousting of the CEO based on a donation he made personally to a pro marriage cause, I have deleted all Mozilla and Firefox products from all of my computers and devices.  Additionally, I left them feedback to alert them that their intolerance is the reason I have migrated to Chrome.

I want to encourage everyone to do the same.  (Not move to Chrome necessarily, but to delete Firefox and use something in its place.)  In life we get very few chances to have our voice be heard by the big companies, but here is our chance to make our voices. heard.  

I  hope you join me.

I went from Firefox to Pale Moon and told Mozilla what I thought of them.  I didn't go back to Chrome because of all the baggage that they carry being so chummy with the NSA.

God bless,

Larry

• Members

What OS are you guys using?  If your are using Microsoft Windows, are you going to be consistent and get rid of your OS?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CE8QFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2Fblogs%2Fpolitics%2F2013%2F03%2Fbill-gates-former-boy-scout-lift-the-gay-ban%2F&ei=nzZCU7OREsaE2gXXnIDgAw&usg=AFQjCNGcC2MoloTh3sHgaHcIAwMVvtGJbg&sig2=2IsLd9aEAR5dTxHv7AcdbQ

Bill Gates, billionaire inventer of the Microsoft OS, supports homosexuality.

• Administrators

I know others who got rid of Firefox because of what Mozilla did.  I don't believe it's inconsistent to keep OS because of Bill Gates' stance - there's never been any question of that.

The prOBlem is why Mozilla did what it did.  They fired the man because of an 8-year-old donation.  And in the "reasoning" they gave, they said they are all about being fair and accepting other's beliefs.  :ROFL:  They didn't see the irony in their words at all...

Sadly, I think the only way we can get away from somehow supporting someone who supports homosexuality is to move to the mountains, build a cabin, and grow our own food completely, with no contact outside of our perimeter. So, if we're going to say we have to get rid of OS, we have to quit buying a lot of groceries because most companies support it... (before I'm attacked, understand that I am 100% against sodomy)

4ever - I don't have Firefox, never have.  And now, unless they rescind the firing, never will...

• Members

Well, maybe we should have had our own grocery stores, farms, textile and computer industries, automakers, etc?  Such would have been a much more powerful witness to this lost world than we are today.

• Administrators

Maybe so. But too many Christians are against Christians getting any training from outside the church...

There are Christian owned businesses. But even those businesses deal with those who support sodomy, even on the peripheral level.  We cannot go out of the world - the Bible is clear that we are in it, just not of it.  If we can stop supporting those who deal in sin, good stuff.  But we can't.  There isn't a one of us on here that in some way doesn't support those who do.  Even in our ignorance of it.

• Members

The point I was trying to make is the fact that no matter what we replace because of evil connections, there will always be evil connections.

Mozilla Firefox itself is not evil.  It is a program just like IE, Safari, or any other.  Any browser can be used for good or evil... depending on the mindset of the user.

I won't drop Firefox yet.  Unless Mozilla puts out a statement that every time I use it they will donate "x" amount to the LGBT community.  or if they say we now have to pay them to use it.

• Administrators

The point I was trying to make is the fact that no matter what we replace because of evil connections, there will always be evil connections.

Mozilla Firefox itself is not evil.  It is a program just like IE, Safari, or any other.  Any browser can be used for good or evil... depending on the mindset of the user.

I won't drop Firefox yet.  Unless Mozilla puts out a statement that every time I use it they will donate "x" amount to the LGBT community.  or if they say we now have to pay them to use it.

I agree that there are evil connections.  That was my point, too.

Dropping Firefox is some people's way of protesting the firing of the man. If enough people do it, they will feel it in their bottom line. If you don't want to, fine. But don't accuse someone of being inconsistent because they choose to and they might have OS.

• Members

I agree that there are evil connections.  That was my point, too.

Dropping Firefox is some people's way of protesting the firing of the man. If enough people do it, they will feel it in their bottom line. If you don't want to, fine. But don't accuse someone of being inconsistent because they choose to and they might have OS.

But they did not say they were dropping Firefox because of the man being fired.  They said they were dropping it because he was rescinding his position on the homosexuals.

• Members

But they did not say they were dropping Firefox because of the man being fired.  They said they were dropping it because he was rescinding his position on the homosexuals.

Didn't say it.  But I did.

God bless,

Larry

• Administrators

I don't know who "they" are you are referencing, but 4ever did not mention any rescinding.

4ever did say it was because he was fired....

In response to Mozilla's ousting of the CEO based on a donation he made personally to a pro marriage cause, I have deleted all Mozilla and Firefox products from all of my computers and devices.  Additionally, I left them feedback to alert them that their intolerance is the reason I have migrated to Chrome.

Larry was the only other one who mentioned dropping it in his thread - his answer to this being "I did."  I'm not sure what he meant by that, though - Larry?

It doesn't make sense that it would be because he rescinded, because he's still fired.

• Members

I don't know who "they" are you are referencing, but 4ever did not mention any rescinding.

Larry was the only other one who mentioned dropping it in his thread - his answer to this being "I did."  I'm not sure what he meant by that, though - Larry?

It doesn't make sense that it would be because he rescinded, because he's still fired.

I dropped it because they forced the man out for something he did right years ago and because I don't think queers should win all the battles.  They could really care less whether I go elsewhere but that matters little to me.  I will attempt to do the right thing whether anyone else does or not.  I have always been the sort to go out on a limb even though sometimes it gets sawn off.  If one must take a stand standing alone, so be it.  It is easy to make a stand in a crowd because the enemy may miss you and hit someone else.  This excuse that some make, "you can't beat em all" is getting old.  Easy to do nothing, but you never win either.

God bless,

Larry

Archived