• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anyone Else Getting Pm's From Preacherofrighteousness?

• Members

I've tried TOR out after the NSA scandal came to light and found it almost useless. Also, once it's on your computer there's no way to uninstall it.

I've played with TOR and it works ... very well ... in fact you can use TAILS and start an operating system in the RAM on a library computer and use TOR to circumnavigate library restrictions without even using the library login ... I did it just because I was curious and did not do anything on the internet that I shouldn't... I don't want you to think I use that for anything improper ... I had prOBlems with windows viruses and moved to Linux and I had to relearn stuff to make it work on various computers and learned this stuff in the process. I think it is dishonest to use false logins ... christians ought to be up front, transparent, and truthful as much as possible and unnecessary assumed profiles are dishonest and a form of lying and people who do it are deceived by the devil if they think it is ok "it is never right to do wrong in order to do right" as BOB Jones Sr used to say. Now I'm not saying this is totally general as I know people in closed countries safely use TOR and VPN's but I think what I said generally holds in the USA

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've played with TOR and it works ... very well ... in fact you can use TAILS and start an operating system in the RAM on a library computer and use TOR to circumnavigate library restrictions without even using the library login ... I did it just because I was curious and did not do anything on the internet that I shouldn't... I don't want you to think I use that for anything improper ... I had prOBlems with windows viruses and moved to Linux and I had to relearn stuff to make it work on various computers and learned this stuff in the process. I think it is dishonest to use false logins ... christians ought to be up front, transparent, and truthful as much as possible and unnecessary assumed profiles are dishonest and a form of lying and people who do it are deceived by the devil if they think it is ok "it is never right to do wrong in order to do right" as BOB Jones Sr used to say. Now I'm not saying this is totally general as I know people in closed countries safely use TOR and VPN's but I think what I said generally holds in the USA

I had prOBlems with viruses too.  But I added a program that seemed to help in addition to my Avast Anti-virus I use Peerblock.  It is free but buy the extra IP block packages it is only $9.99 a year. 

It actually will block out IP addressses trying to circuMVent the darkspace/deepnet and the bogon program routines that are exploited by hackers and malware/spyware that come through internet pages, programs like your Microsoft OS and email programming and stops them before they can even enter in.

since using it I have had no prOBlems with viruses or anything else.  What Avast doesn't get the IP blocker blocks.

• Members

I had prOBlems with viruses too.  But I added a program that seemed to help in addition to my Avast Anti-virus I use Peerblock.  It is free but buy the extra IP block packages it is only $9.99 a year. 

It actually will block out IP addressses trying to circuMVent the darkspace/deepnet and the bogon program routines that are exploited by hackers and malware/spyware that come through internet pages, programs like your Microsoft OS and email programming and stops them before they can even enter in.

since using it I have had no prOBlems with viruses or anything else.  What Avast doesn't get the IP blocker blocks.

I am in my 40's ... I have dealt with Microsoft on and off for years ... incompatible upgrades (I started when it was called DOS and not Windows), fees for technical help, difficulty getting replacement disks when an operating system is corrupted, ... people don't realize there is another way. I can get ALL my old computers that are outdated to run on linux distributions. The prOBlem is not just the viruses, it is also the mammon serving companies like Microsoft and the pc sellers. Linux distros are open source and I can easily replace the operating system whenever I want and the Linux community is more knowledgeable than the help at Microsoft and I don't have to wait on the phone ... the natural immunity to viruses is only one aspect. By the way TOR can circuMVent blockers by the use of bridges and the program uses different addresses each time it goes on the internet. You have merely to click "get a new identity" ... and it's addresses gets updated and changed periodically.

• Members

I wish I understood that...

Yeah, me too.  I downloaded a Linux OS and got as far as making another drive to put it on.  Couldn't get any farther because of the lack of instruction as to how to do it.

I am not a computer expert nor a programmer though I have learned to handle Windows for the most part but getting into anything else like messing with the hard drive causes panic attacks. :runforhills:

God bless,

Larry

• Members

I am in my 40's ... I have dealt with Microsoft on and off for years ... incompatible upgrades (I started when it was called DOS and not Windows), fees for technical help, difficulty getting replacement disks when an operating system is corrupted, ... people don't realize there is another way. I can get ALL my old computers that are outdated to run on linux distributions. The prOBlem is not just the viruses, it is also the mammon serving companies like Microsoft and the pc sellers. Linux distros are open source and I can easily replace the operating system whenever I want and the Linux community is more knowledgeable than the help at Microsoft and I don't have to wait on the phone ... the natural immunity to viruses is only one aspect. By the way TOR can circuMVent blockers by the use of bridges and the program uses different addresses each time it goes on the internet. You have merely to click "get a new identity" ... and it's addresses gets updated and changed periodically.

I operated a IBM the CPU unit was as big as a 12 cubit refrigerator and so was my LPT1 drive. The word processor on that was Norvel Wordperfect had to be loaded via reel to reel 16mm tape.  Oh I guess you get the idea, that was in 1980 and I didn't go back to it until 1993 MS 3.1.  Played around with my mom's old Commodore 64 in the 70's

I have TOR too. the PeerBlock is great for blocking the Bogon Bridges that TOR uses.  Though TOR uses different addresses your computer identifier is still the same and you can't change that.  Many Onion addresses are routinely blocked and you have to unblock them if you are using them with PeerBlock.

• Members

I operated a IBM the CPU unit was as big as a 12 cubit refrigerator and so was my LPT1 drive. The word processor on that was Norvel Wordperfect had to be loaded via reel to reel 16mm tape.  Oh I guess you get the idea, that was in 1980 and I didn't go back to it until 1993 MS 3.1.  Played around with my mom's old Commodore 64 in the 70's

I have TOR too. the PeerBlock is great for blocking the Bogon Bridges that TOR uses.  Though TOR uses different addresses your computer identifier is still the same and you can't change that.  Many Onion addresses are routinely blocked and you have to unblock them if you are using them with PeerBlock.

Would you like to play a game? If you admin a website that has subscribers ... lets see if you can stop me/ block me without stopping all new subscribers. :clapping: By God's grace I am not malicious but I think cryptography and anonymity methods are important, or will be important/useful, for christians in hostile/censored countries.

Archived