• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Anyone Else Getting Pm's From Preacherofrighteousness?

• Members

I got a message from apreacherofrighteousness claiming to be sent from the Lord to ask me to confess Jesus Christ.

He is a newbe, with two posts to his credit since he joined but in one day I get two messages from him asking if I confessed Jesus Christ.

I do not believe this man was sent from the Lord as he claims because Jesus already knows when and where I confessed him by God's grace through faith on the finished work of Christ upon the cross where he bore my sins in his on body upon the tree.  Jesus Christ knows I was baptized into him the day I believed on him in faith, so why would the Lord send him unless it is not the Lord.

So I was wondering if others have had any Private messages from this person?

The reason I asked is that just today 6 others have visited his profile page and I was the 7th.  I am assuming this person has sent these messages to more than just me.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

(there are two threads on this topic, here is what I posted on the other thread):

I received one as well. I think a discussion of the issue here with patience is called for. He is assuming that when he asks

"The Lord sent me to ask you to confess...

Do you believe and confess
Jesus art the Christ the Son
of the Living God?

Yes or no?"

That this is a magic wand that can be waved to tell if someone is "ok" or not. What I think needs to be done is to patiently instruct this person. Now, I messaged back "yes" (I mean, who cares? Jesus is indeed the Christ, the Son of the living God, King of kings, Lord of lords, the Lamb of God ... who is worthy worthy worthy to be praised!). But he is in DOCTRINAL ERROR and THIS IS THE PROBLEM. I sent a second message that said:

"May I suggest you check peoples profiles before you message them and perhaps study the entire book of 1 John? You might find that some will say "Lord, Lord" and their answer from the Lord will be "Depart from me for I never knew you""

Paul tells the sinning Corinthians to examine themselves and John has an entire book about how to know if we and others are saved called 1 John. It takes prayer, bible study, and the Holy Ghost to have spiritual discernment about these things. He may be using this as an initial litmus test and I say "so be it" as long as he doesn't do this repetitively in a pestering way. At least he is trying to be Biblical even though I think he is mistaking a verse to aid identification to THE identifier ... and that is the error in my opinion.

• Members

Because its the same troll that keeps popping up and causing trouble.

Do you mean for messaging everyone "The Lord sent me to ask you to confess...

Do you believe and confess
Jesus art the Christ the Son
of the Living God?

Yes or no?"                                            ?

Archived